Gold

Keith49

U got the caps lock stuck

If LGL is so good, why is IGR kicking it's butt as gold goes up?

post-2242-1243827312.gif

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LGL RED

IGR GREEN

;)

Go the Juniors

If you want some sizzle, have a listen to Sino Gold's AGM presentation from yesterday. They already are the 3rd biggest gold stock on the ASX and have one of the biggest gold mines in China. What they are promising in the next 3-5 years is also impressive imo.

http://www.brr.com.au/event/58019/sgx-2009...esident-and-ceo

In looking around for goldies that are in some ways similar in profile to SGX I note that

• Kingsgate has been recovering from its near death experience in Thailand and is now murmuring about the prospects their current operation is starting to show and
  • Lihir is yet to show much gain from diversifying away from its PNG island.
In the last 6 months KCN is up about 140%, SGX is up about 80% and LGL is up a tad under 50% so all have been on the improve. Unfortunately I bought none of these stocks 6 months ago.

JBM: Totally agree with you--managed to get set this morning.

Been doing research into this, and its quite apparant that the

Tujuh Bukit project is likely to be a company maker for IAU.

The gold hedge book has been closed, so it is now totally exposed

to the US gold price.

It appears that the cash cost of production today is around

USD419, so with sales at USD970 an excellent gross profit

per ounce is obtained.

But my focus is forward--onto the TB project, the next step

is to get Indonesian permission to create an open pit, but first

some forest reclassification has to take place, lets hope Indo

government gets a move on with the necessary permissions.

Best for this here rather than the discussion thread.

AustraliaÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s new generation of gold mines

With the gold price near an all-time high, gold hopefuls are clamouring to bring projects into production to take full advantage. MiningNews.net takes a look at some projects that are in the running to be AustraliaÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s next batch of underground gold mines.Barra ResourcesÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ Burbank

The reopening of the Burbank underground mine near Coolgardie is imminent after Barra reached a tribute arrangement with contractor Mulgabbie Mining. Under the agreement, Mulgabbie will develop, mine, transport and mill ore from the Burbanks mine at its own cost with the two parties to split the profits. BarraÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s previous mining operation at Burbanks was suspended in August 2007 to allow further studies of the gold resource.The project has an inferred resource of 141,000 tonnes at 2.92 grams per tonne gold for 13,240 ounces of contained gold, and an indicated resource of 250,000t at 3.43gpt gold for 27,570oz.Mining costs are expected to be around $A600-700 per ounce, with Mulgabbie aiming to produce 5000-7000oz of gold in the next 6-12 months.

Norton Gold FieldsÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ Homestead

Development of the Homestead mine, part of NortonÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s Paddington operation near Kalgoorlie, began in early April with first production expected by December.The mine is expected to produce 101,000oz of gold grading 7.41gpt from 428,000t of ore.The mine has a capital cost of $13.1 million as it will utilise existing infrastructure from the depleted Quarters open cut mine, and access to the ore body will be via twin declines from a portal in the Quarters pit.

Ramelius ResourcesÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ Wattle Dam

Ramelius is focused on developing its Wattle Dam project near Kambalda from an open cut to an underground mine. On May 1, development of the underground decline began with mining contractors working double shifts to rapidly accelerate development.The Wattle Dam underground operation is expected to produce 70,000oz of gold until the third quarter of 2010 at operating costs of $385/oz and capital costs of $190/oz.

Focus MineralsÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ Empress

Focus is accelerating development of its third gold mine, Empress, part of the Tindals Mining Centre.The company is undertaking a study with the aim of having the deposit in production by year-end.The Empress mine historically produced an average of 48,000t per level, with the last developed level being the 1120 level.Just 50m of development will be required to bring additional levels at Empress into production.

Morning Star GoldÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s Morning Star

The Morning Star mine in VictoriaÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s Gippsland region was AustraliaÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s largest gold mine, producing almost 1 million ounces at 27gpt between 1861 and 1963.Morning Star is aiming to bring the mine back into production in the 2009-10 financial year.The mine is being prepared for mining of the upper levels, and mining and milling options are being finalised, based on a 50,000-100,000tpa mining operation.Initial mining is expected to take place around the 3 and 4 levels, which include the Shamrock and Dickenson reefs with an average grade of 7.61gpt gold.

KagaraÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s Mungana

Base metals producer Kagara is focusing on establishing a low-cost underground gold mining operation at its Mungana and Red Dome deposits in Queensland.Kagara said Mungana is amenable to underground mining by block caving, and current base metal mining at Mungana has resulted in the gold deposit already being partially developed.The Mungana and Red Dome gold deposits will form the basis of KagaraÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s new gold vehicle, Mungana Goldmines, which it hopes to list on the Australian Securities Exchange later this year.

The companyÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s Chillagoe gold assets, which include the Victoria deposit, have indicated and inferred resources of more than 2.6Moz.

Flower check out PGM, I like them more then GGG

42million ounces of precious metals in Greenland, market cap $20million lol

Will outperform your LGL lol ;)

The ice is thawing in Greenland summer is starting, I think PGM is better then GGG since who cares about Uranium when gold/platinum is worth more ;)

For Sabretoothed:

THIS is what I mean by a truly successfull explorer--moving into production.

FUNDAMETALLY it is flawless, apart from the obvious Sovereign Risk.

I flagged this to you months ago!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Australian-based gold explorer, Andean Resources Ltd. (ASX/TSX: AND) ("Andean") today announced an upgrade of its total resources at its 100%-owned Cerro Negro Project in Argentina to 2.9 million ounces gold equivalent (up from 2.6M oz AuEq previously).

The upgrade is a result of a 38% increase to the Indicated Resources of the projectÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s main deposit, Eureka West, to 1.4M oz of gold (up from 1.03M oz in April 2008). EurekaÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s total resources also increased by 20% to now stand at an impressive 1.7M oz Au, making Eureka one of the largest undeveloped gold deposits owned by an Australian explorer.

AndeanÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s CEO Wayne Hubert said, "We are extremely pleased with the progress made at Cerro Negro over the last year. With nearly 3 million gold equivalent ounces estimated to date, and the potential to substantially grow this further, Cerro Negro is confirming its status as a world class deposit at a time of near record gold and silver prices.

"Given todayÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s upgrade, Eureka now represents the largest, high grade undeveloped gold and silver project not controlled by a major mining company in the world. The significant increase in the indicated mineral resource will also greatly enhance the project economics of the upcoming Bankable Feasibility Study expected by the end of the year.

post-20731-1244773999.gif