A little Friday humour

mminion

In reply to: captain charger on Friday 19/11/04 10:39am

http://www.ShareScene.com/html/emoticons/graduated.gif captain charger Click on the gag you want to save with your right mouse button it will tern blue then click on copy then past it to Word document & save to your documents then from there you can send them by email. Yours truly LEGGY http://www.ShareScene.com/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In reply to: captain charger on Friday 19/11/04 10:39am

Hi captain charger

Are you familiar with cut and paste? Just place your mouse from beginning of text and hold down left button while moveing mouse to the right over text making sure to cover entirety in blue, then right click mouse to show a list of options (while mouse is on text) and choose copy, then open your page you are sending and place mouse on page and right click again to show options then choose paste and that should be it. (I hope this is ok?)

Kathy

In reply to: kathy on Friday 19/11/04 10:54am

Hi Kathy I am unsure how to copy and paste as well as Captain Charger, each time I tried to do what you said, I found that paste was blanked out.

Help........

SW

In reply to: starwoman on Friday 19/11/04 11:08am

Hi SW, the paste will be blanked out while there is nothing to paste on the clipboard, you have to copy something first by one of many methods.

(how many different methods are there? ........I can think of a few are there others http://www.ShareScene.com/html/emoticons/icon14.gif

Kathy's method....right click on mouse

Ctrl c

edit, copy

In reply to: trinity on Friday 19/11/04 11:14am

thanks Trinity, but I dont seem to be able to do it yet, so if you can post me all themethods I may be able to fathom one out that works.

thanks in advance.

Cheers,

SW

In reply to: starwoman on Friday 19/11/04 11:36am

Hi SW,

I'll do my best.....

1. Highlight (make it go blue) the text you want to copy by either (a) moving cursor over text you want to copy and triple clicking mouse. or (b) placing your mouse at beginning of text and hold down left button while moveing mouse to the right over text making sure to cover entirety in blue

2. While text is highlighted hold down the ctrl key and press 'c'

or.... While text is highlighted click on 'edit' a drop down menu will appear select copy

The text u have copied is now stored on computers 'clipboard'

3. Open document you want to insert the copied material and paste it by moving cursor to where you want to insert and

hold down the ctrl key and press 'v'

or go to menu and select paste

or right click, select paste.

Try opening any word document and practice copying and pasting on the same document 1st

Goodluck, Trinity

ps you could try the "Help" option and see if Microsoft can explain it better than me

QUOTE (trinity @ Friday 19/11/04 12:01pm)

sorry starwoman for not getting back to you, I've just been on the phone having a good catch-up chat to my Mum and Dad (and we can talk hahaha) so only just realised I'd missed your posts.

(the part I used to have problems with was not realising at the end when you are clicking on "copy" is that you have to have your cursor situated on the text (any of the text that you are wanting to copy-just make sure it is on something... so choose the last word or something if it makes it easier) and then choose copy and you should be ok

Kind Regards

Kathy

I hope this helps

In reply to: kathy on Friday 19/11/04 12:15pm

Thanks Kathy and Trinity,

But can you please tell me where I go to find if I have it in the clipboard wherever that is.....lol

Cheers,

SW

In reply to: starwoman on Friday 19/11/04 01:09pm

I don't know, but if the word "paste" is highlighted (or in bolder print) than "cut" or "copy" when you right click, then that means you have it and once you have the page open that you want to paste item on, place your cursor on that page where you want to paste it

-click the left mouse button once to set where to start

-now click the right mouse button once to bringup a small list "undo,cut, copy etc" and move arrow down to "paste" click once and bingo hopefully text should now be transferred to your page.

Kathy

( http://www.ShareScene.com/html/emoticons/weirdsmiley.gif I hope I havent confused you more now....)