Silver

The_Muns

Wow, Silver down by 2 bucks overnight.

Thats a pretty good dumping.

Had some low ball bids back in at SVL, but will cancel them until I see a bit of a recovery.

Gold was also smacked, though not as hard.

Given the fall in Dow last night, plus the big jump in the USD index, looks like people running for cover into cash.

Mick

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Following on from the stunning short position obliteration activity in GME on wall street, there is some talk that Silver may follow in the same direction.

From Zero Hedge

While all eyes have been focused on GameStop and a handful of other heavily-shorted stocks as they exploded higher under continuous fire from WallStreetBets traders igniting a short-squeeze coinciding with a gamma-squeeze, the last few days saw another asset suddenly get in the crosshairs of the 'Reddit-Raiders' - Silver.

On Thursday, we asked "Is The Reddit Rebellion About To Descend On The Precious Metals Market?" ... One WallStreetBets user (jjalj30) posted the following last night:

Silver Bullion Market is one of the most manipulated on earth. Any short squeeze in silver paper shorts would be EPIC. We know billion banks are manipulating gold and silver to cover real inflation.

Both the industrial case and monetary case, debt printing has never been more favorable for the No. 1 inflation hedge Silver.

Inflation adjusted Silver should be at 1000$ instead of 25$. Link to post removed by mods.

Why not squeeze $SLV to real physical price.

Think about the Gainz. If you don't care about the gains, think about the banks like JP MORGAN you'd be destroying along the way.

Tldr- Corner the market. GV thinks its possible to squeeze $SLV, FUCK AFTER SEEING $AG AND $GME EVEN I THINK WE CAN DO IT. BUY $SLV GO ALL IN TH GAINZ WILL BE UNLIMITED. DEMAND PHYSICAL IF YOU CAN. FUCK THE BANKS.

Disclaimer: This is not Financial advice. I am not a financial services professional. This is my personal opinion and speculation as an uneducated and uninformed person.

...and judging by the unprecedented flows into the Silver ETF (SLV) they just got started...

SLV saw inflows of almost one billion dollars on Friday, almost double the previous record inflow for this 15 year-old ETF.

The link to the chart is HERE

The rest of the rather long article goes on to quote some of the reddit users and the call to arms of the next big squeese.

I guess this explains the nearly $ increase in Silver prices since last Thursday.

The problem with Reddit etc, is that its anonymous, could just as easily be the same con men and spivs that inhabit the hedge funds pretending to be the milenial warriors sucking money out of the unsuspecting.

I hope that indeed this is another real short squeeze and that they succeed for two reasons.

1. I will benefit financially is a significant way.

2. It will be another dagger into the cold hearts of the greedy instos.

Mick

• Silver began February with an upside gap to the highest since September 2020.
  • Risks remain heavy amid fears of further restrictions on equity trading, EU-UK tussle.
  • Vaccine optimism, hopes of US stimulus probe silver buyers.
  • PMIs, risk news keep the driver’s seat, US dollar moves shouldn’t be missed.
Silver bulls attack $29.00, currently up 6.60% near $28.97, during the early Asian trading on Monday. The white metal marked the upside gap from $26.98 to $28.88 at the start of February’s trading.

post-10244-1612138664_thumb.png

The spot price for silver in AUD this morning is $37.25.

However, if you check with OZ bullion companies, they are quoting much higher retail figures.

For instance, ABC bullion quotes a 10OZ bar at $433.530, oor 43.30 per ounce, assuming you can get some.

There is a shortage of smaller coins. small bars etc at the physical. so it is adding a $6 premium to the spot price for retail.

This shortage is not demonstrated in the larger Physical bars- 1 kg or 1/2 kg, at least not yet.

The way people are buying physical in big quantities might suggest large investment grade bars will become in short supply.

The mount of paper trades in silver far outweighs annual production, so a little bit of momentum can swing it either way.

Might be some run in Silver yet!

Mick