• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

IN REPLY TO A POST BY ADMIN1, Thu 22/01/04 11:02am   [READ POST]

created for theadder

thanks for setting up this site Admin....

Biota Scientific Management PTY Ltd was granted US patent 6,680,054 on

January 20, 2004

titled ~ Macromolecular neuraminidase-binding compounds~

and thought it may be of interest to some posters

Full patent at:

http://164.195.100.11/netacgi/nph-Parser?S...RS=PN/6,680,054

United States Patent 6,680,054

Reece , et al. January 20, 2004

Macromolecular neuraminidase-binding compounds

Abstract

The invention provides novel macromolecules, methods for their preparation, pharmaceutical formulations thereof and their use as anti-influenza agents. The invention also provides a novel diagnostic method which can be used for detection of all types of influenza A and B virus. The macromolecular compound of the invention has attached to it one or more molecules (neuraminidase binders) which bind to the active site of influenza virus neuraminidase but which are not cleaved by the neuraminidase.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inventors: Reece; Phillip A. (Victoria, AU); Watson; Keith Geoffrey (Victoria, AU); Wu; Wen-Yang (Victoria, AU); Jin; Betty (Victoria, AU); Krippner; Guy Y. (Victoria, AU)

Assignee: Biota Scientific Management PTY Ltd. (Melborne, AU)

Appl. No.: 308076

Filed: July 16, 1999

PCT Filed: November 13, 1997

One to watchÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¦.BTA http://www.asxboard.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif

Patent details look very interestingÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¦..

"The invention also provides a novel diagnostic method which can be used for detection of all types of influenza A and B virus"

Ifluenza A is linked to the "Bird Flu"

Avian influenza is an infectious disease of birds caused by type A strains of the influenza virus (http://www.who.int/csr/don/2004_01_15/en/)

"diagnostic method" Being able to test chicken by chicken you would save a lot of money (not having to kill those not affected) and you can assure people that they are "virus clean"

If BTA announce the patent details to the ASX soon IMO the current media buzz around "Bird Flu" will cause a lot of interest in BTA

Worth a punt IMO http://www.asxboard.com/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Cheers

Matt

Ive done some brief research into the details of the patent and in my opinion it looks very promising.

The only issue i could come up with is the TREATMENT aspect of the patent ONLY applies to HUMANS.

However, it is the diagnostic area that is important here with relevance to avian flu. The type 1 marker test is NOT affected by the species of the viral host. Any treatment applications of this patent is a bonus for later on.

If it breaks and holds above 53, i think this one will be very exciting over the next week/s.

I said before, if it breaks 53 and holds, the next week will be very interesting.

Not only did it break and hold 53, momentum was great enough for it to break two other significant levels of resistance (according to my chart).

If price can stay above 55 cents tommorow, I will be even more impressed with the next weeks prospects.

We havnt seen price movement like this since july. If you ask me, a significantly positive announcement must be in the works.

This patent picks up where the now outdated flu (avian flu compatible) detection technology leaves off.

Definitely one to keep an eye on.