CSL - CSL LIMITED

ShareCafe

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BAX results out last night. 19% increase in earnings with most of the increase coming from the Bioscience business which includes the plasma derived products where CSL earns most of its income. CSL has the advantage of the weaker $Aus whereas BAX reported headwinds from the stronger $US. Should be positive for price today.

http://www.baxter.com/about_baxter/news_ro...ndearnings.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Half yearly report out.

No surprises and at the upper end of predictions

Should see SP rise but not a good day for it given US market last night

"Interim Result

Strong profit growth, up 44% to $502 million

Underlying profit1 up 24%

CSL Limited today announced a profit after tax of $502 million for the six months ended

31 December 2008, up 44% when compared to the six months ended 31 December 2007.

This included a foreign currency benefit of $26 million and a number of favourable non

operational items totalling $44 million in net profit after tax which also boosted the result.

Adjusting for currency and the items above, underlying profit growth was 24%.

HIGHLIGHTS

Financial

ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ Total revenue of $2.35 billion, up 25% when compared to the six months ended 31

December 2007, or up 14% at constant currency2;

ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ Human Papillomavirus Vaccine (HPV) royalties of $82 million;

ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ Net profit after tax grew 44% to $502 million, or up 37% at constant currency;

ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ Research and Development investment $153 million;

ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ Strong balance sheet;

ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ Operating cash flow up 52% to $445 million;

ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ Earnings per share of 85.4 cents, up 35%;

ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ Interim dividend up 30% to 30 cents per share, unfranked, payable on 9 April 2009."

What a lovely Float to be in at begining! Only real "Jewell" in my Black hole portfolio universe. Ah well at least I still hold & was'nt seduced on way up. Fortunately I do remember selling all my Futuris for $2.28 really not so long ago then like a clot picked some up again @ .50 seduced by last divvie! "Cie la Vie" ! Shall just stick to my garden in future. Good luck all! b2.

• 3 weeks later...