ShareCafe

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In reply to: rpfahey on Thursday 01/02/07 09:48pm

It is the role of a CEO not to 'imply' things which mislead. Very evidently the share price went ballistic on the indiscretion of what WM said about Xstrata and today has returned to pre-meeting levels. I am not that keen on CEOs with foot-and-mouth disease!

In reply to: macrae on Tuesday 06/02/07 10:44pm

The Article today:

http://www.fnarena.com/index2.cfm?type=dsp...513F72DD2FFCF19

*My unbiased, uninvolved, and unemotionally connected email to Rudi at FN Arena in response as follows:

Hi Rudi,

Your piece today on the CuDeco saga, and more correctly the Wayne McRae issue at large, left me intrigued enough to listen to the Broadcast to which you referred. IÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ve never been a holder in CDU stock, but always been intrigued as to whether this was indeed a great discovery or yet another wolf in sheeps clothing.

After listening intently to the Broadcast by Wayne McRae, IÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ll give you my totally unbiased view point.

ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Â¹Ãƒƒâ€Â¦ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã¢â‚¬Å“Wayne McRae is quite obviously a dinky di Australian ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Â¹Ãƒƒâ€Â¦ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã¢â‚¬Å“Old SaltÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ in the Mining Game. ItÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s now obvious to me that the only conspiracy being played out here is now one of egoÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s, and not on the central issue of the stated fundamentals. I am now of the opinion that this situation has become a nightmare for the shareholders in the Company, and that it is not Wayne McRaeÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s fault in the slightest.

The fact that CDU have been prevented from announcing their stated ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Â¹Ãƒƒâ€Â¦ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã¢â‚¬Å“true and accurate results by an Industry Competent PersonÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢

in full, and unedited, cries of very serious problems and interference via the ASX. Red tape gone mad - while they go on letting dodgy announcements citing a cure for AIDS (CTF) and such-like hit the screens every day.

Wayne McRae is being prevented from carrying out his role, and better yet, he is being penalized and ridiculed because of this failure ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã‚¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬Ãƒâ€Â¦ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã¢â‚¬Å“ that is not of his desire or making.

Personally, I feel that this whole sordid mess should be raised/tabled in Parliament, and a Senate Enquiry called for.

Put quite simply, I put it to you that it is because of his ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Â¹Ãƒƒâ€Â¦ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã¢â‚¬Å“Australiana OckerÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ image, manner and vocabulary, that he now finds himself locked away in the corner and nobody appears/is willing to listen, or pay attention. The tall poppy syndrome strikes again ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã‚¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬Ãƒâ€Â¦ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã¢â‚¬Å“ for which we are famous here in Australia. But yes, he is also a very smart man!

Best Regards,

xxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx

wrxsti

In reply to: wrxsti on Thursday 08/02/07 03:30pm

Yes, and here is the reply (but don't shoot the Messenger).

'Hi there xxxxx,

I tend to agree with the larger part of your assessment, and Wayne McCrae is certainly carrying some stigma from the past which is making him a target to practically everyone, but I don't think his current actions are that kosher. If anything they reinforce the stigma the company is bearing already.

Just for your info: the audience at the Mining Club was pretty high value, colleagues and engineers and miners themselves. One of my sources, who contacted me today after reading my story, actually thought I was spot on. He had received feedback from the meeting via via and it would appear that the overall assessment by people in the audience was: "big embarrassment".

You don't hear it very often that a chairman of a listed company actually admits he has stopped accurately informing the market because he wants to prevent a suitor stepping in and acquiring the company too cheaply.

Nobody denies there's copper in the ground where McCrae says it is. It's just that many experts don't immediately take his word for the immensely riches to be discovered.

But then again, everybody probably better makes up his own mind about this, and that's exactly what I suggested in yesterday's story.

Thanks for responding.

Cheers

Rudi Filapek-Vandyck

your editor

FNArena'

wrxsti

This discussion in the Sydney Mining club - were they arguing about the SAM (Sub-Audio Magnetics Survey)? Are they diamond drilling the SAM anomalies?

Providing the SAM survey results aren't overproccessed/massaged - I predict thatiIf they are drilling the SAM anomalies - then I will predict that every hole testing the SAM anomaly will hit economic grade Cu mineralization. I know - I have done it myself in western QLD a few years ago... SAM worked for me.

Anyone know the rough vertical depth of oxidation - ie from supergene and native Cu to fresh sulphides?

And no - I am not a geophysicist.

Re SAM Geophysical Maps:

CDU has done Sub Audio Magnetics on the tenements. In its presentation, it presented maps of the conductivity and magnetics. They also said that they have maps of the resistivity.

They handed out a map of the conductivity, and this is available on their website, and in overlays presented here and on HC. They also handed out a typical section showing the oxidised/transition/primary zones. You could gauge depth of oxidation from drill hole information I would expect.

They said that there is a close correlation between mineralisation and high conductivity, and this was a key element of their presentation video (if you haven't seen it, you should have a look). They also pointed out that mineralisation tends to be associated with magnetic highs, which tend to coincide with the conductivity highs so far as I can see. They also emphasised the magnetic lows at Wilgar Uranium, and also a magnetic low slightly to SE of Las Minerales trend.

All of this information is readily available on their website.