CDU

ShareCafe

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Could be worth a punt guys, currently trading around it's lows in Feb 2002.

Has some nice deposits and is developing useful technology.

Certainly a risky stock, but could easily run back to 7c if they put up a few favorable announcements.

I have taken a small position at 3.2c,........gamblers only http://www.asxboard.com/html/emoticons/wink.gif

Tex.

IN REPLY TO A POST BY cable-guy, Mon 19/01/04 10:06am   [READ POST]

moring tex , just out of my mxl's
mate does aum have any cash in the bank I cant find out

PP

Hi CG

Well done on MXL mate, I know you tipped me when they were 14c......but I didn't like em.......so what do I know http://www.asxboard.com/html/emoticons/wacko.gif

Also noticed unusual movement on MOB very small volume though.

AUM had $129,000.00. in the bank at the end of October, but raised another $916,887.00. with a new issue announced December 2nd.

They also purchased mining equipment on 4th of December with a 250k share issue at 4c per share (dont think I've seen that before).

There are quite a few things brewing with this co, I've been watching them for about two years because a friend of mine holds a few.

Decided to enter last week, because they are news driven and we should see some soon.

Has the potential to go very high.....if all goes well over the next few months.

PRINCIPAL ACTIVITY

Australian Mining Investments Ltd (AUM) is a resources based company involved in

processing technology, petroleum, mining and environmental remediation. The

company is focused on the application of its processing technology in the field

of environmental rehabilitation and in the production of copper sulphate at the

company's Mt Norma project.

MT NORMA: The project is located in the Mt Isa/Cloncurry region in Queensland.

As at June 2002, the project contained a potential high grade ore estimated at

250,000t @ 7% Cu for 17,500t Cu. The company is targeting the production of

copper in the form of copper sulphate using its patented Column Technology at

the rate of 10,000tpa over 5 years for the production of up to 52,000t of copper

sulphate.

In July 2002, AUM entered into an agreement to sell copper sulphate to a

subsidiary of Nufarm (NUF) for a period of 10 years. The company commissioned

the copper sulphate Column Technology plant in May 2003, producing the first

copper sulphate pentahydrate crystals from the project. Commissioning was

completed in July 2003, with production reaching the targeted 10,000tpa rate.

MT LYELL WASTE PROJECT: AUM has trialled a pilot plant based using the company's

patented Column Technology for the treatment of acidic waste water from the Mt

Lyell Copper Mine in Tasmania. The plant has demonstrated that it can remove all

of the copper, cobalt, aluminium and iron from the contaminated water.

GALILEE ENERGY LTD (6.1%): Unlisted company, Galilee Energy Limited (GEL) holds

the Galilee Energy coal seam gas (CSG) project, located in the Galilee basin in

Central Qld. In April 2003, ECU announced that the development of the project

was proceeding as planned and the production of gas from the CSG project should

commence by the end of May 2003. The company has estimated recoverable gas of

800 billion cubic feet (bcf) of gas.

RIDGEBAR PTY LTD (70%): In July 2002, AUM purchased 70% of chemical and

hydrometallurgical research and development company, Ridgebar Pty Ltd. The

company is involved in the recovery of metals from solution for use in

environmental rehabilitation.

SELECTIVE OIL AGGLOMERATION PROCESS (SOAP): The SOAP technology has been under

development since 1995. The process recovers a significant proportion of the

fine coal wasted during conventional coal washing.

Cheers Tex.

Hi Tex,

I have a close look at aum, yep I noticed movement on MOB yesterday as well, the appeal court judges must be due to make theire decission soon (hope so)

also have alook at ICH , pretty illiquid , but avery reputable and conservative small cap fundies I know likes them alot.

really cant get excited about anthinge lse at the moment (unless LIM get to the low $7.) or lhr gets sold off some more , Ill buy some for a range trade back to 1.60.70 level)

AVV should have some good news soon as they are making alot of cash so willing to wait, and if snn come of anymore Ill buy.

ohh yeh and MOS

and also some good surf its been rubbish here for the last month (prob more to do with me eing old and fat) http://www.asxboard.com/html/emoticons/laughingsmiley.gif

IN REPLY TO A POST BY cable-guy, Tue 20/01/04 08:35am   [READ POST]

Hi Tex,

I have a close look at aum, yep I noticed movement on MOB yesterday as well, the appeal court judges must be due to make theire decission soon (hope so)

also have alook at ICH , pretty illiquid , but avery reputable and conservative small cap fundies I know likes them alot.

really cant get excited about anthinge lse at the moment (unless LIM get to the low $7.) or lhr gets sold off some more , Ill buy some for a range trade back to 1.60.70 level)

AVV should have some good news soon as they are making alot of cash so willing to wait, and if snn come of anymore Ill buy.

ohh yeh and MOS

and also some good surf its been rubbish here for the last month (prob more to do with me eing old and fat) http://www.asxboard.com/html/emoticons/laughingsmiley.gif

Cheers CG

ICH seems an honest enough company $268k profit off $1.6 million rev's is o.k. hardly the stock to get your blood pumping, but with 72 million shares and $2.77 million in the bank it looks like a nice little sleeper.

I'd be interested to see if you have any questions on AUM, one thing struck me as strange after doing some reading.....I'd be interested to see if you can pick up on it.

Tex.

yep you know I like sleepers look at MOB , its just a time thing and you buy 100 to 200k of them and wait as the risk /rtn is pretty good, hey MOB paid a good divy last year, give me a hint on aum as I wont have time to lok at them till this arvo un lees they are just dwon the road from you and you know more than moi http://www.asxboard.com/html/emoticons/laughingsmiley.gif

IN REPLY TO A POST BY cable-guy, Tue 20/01/04 09:11am   [READ POST]

yep you know I like sleepers look at MOB , its just a time thing and you buy 100 to 200k of them and wait as the risk /rtn is pretty good, hey MOB paid a good divy last year, give me a hint on aum as I wont have time to lok at them till this arvo un lees they are just dwon the road from you and you know more than moi http://www.asxboard.com/html/emoticons/laughingsmiley.gif

In July 2002, AUM entered into an agreement to sell copper sulphate to a

subsidiary of Nufarm (NUF) for a period of 10 years. The company commissioned

the copper sulphate Column Technology plant in May 2003, producing the first

copper sulphate pentahydrate crystals from the project. Commissioning was

completed in July 2003, with production reaching the targeted 10,000tpa rate.

So wheres the rev's from this activity ??????

Tex.

IN REPLY TO A POST BY cable-guy, Tue 20/01/04 09:40am   [READ POST]

good point , youve got me convined I might have a small biter of the cherry as it does look like its on its support line ,

Signs of life starting to appear, MACD has just crossed into positive territory.

Lets hope it keeps going http://www.asxboard.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif

I'm off to Yamba today for the long weekend. If you havent been there I suggest you have a look one day........beautiful little coastal town.

Tex.