HGI

ShareCafe

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In reply to: brunosch on Monday 07/02/05 04:32pm

my only concern that they take the 55pence offer whihc relates to 1.40 and then half the shares are taken away... and then ur really under a larger loss..

im hoping for a rally before the offer at 55pence is voted upon...

which wud drive the share price above 1.81 thus allowing me to breathe and not take the loss if i sell now

In reply to: brunosch on Monday 07/02/05 05:32pm

It is frustrating and makes you wonder if the agenda of Resolution Life wasn't orchestrated.

Make an announcement one day expressing their desires, only to get all negative the day after. Piss-weak management, or a method to scare the speculators off with ambiguous purpose? Are they keeping the price moderated for a 'partner'.

Alot of small trades / dumping today. These punters will be less cocksure about buying in next announcement.

However, who did the buying today? Quite a good floor in the share price considering the frenzy last week.

This game is still in play. I'll hold.

Good luck. Ciao, Bello.

In reply to: mercury on Thursday 10/02/05 09:20pm

For 52% of your shares you will be paid 55 pence/$1.32. You will be left with 48% insurance business that will probably fire because of the interest in that.

Buggered if I know wether to sell now http://www.ShareScene.com/html/emoticons/wacko.gifhttp://www.ShareScene.com/html/emoticons/blink.gif

Thanks for the reply Bello.

You're one of the people I respect....the ones who reply to a question..instead of just stating the usual bull....like

the stock is rising

this baby is humming

or

can't get enough of you

etc.

Your post is informative, and something I can't easily see for myself simply by looking at market depth or a chart.

Thanks again

Mercury

In reply to: mercury on Friday 11/02/05 12:24pm

Mercury,

At the closing price of $1.55 today, the market had priced the HHG shares on the sale of Life Services with the return of the 65p to shareholders and the balance at approximately $1.71 as follow:

52% (share reduction) @ 65P (1.40) = 0.728

48% (remainder) @ 1.71 = 0.821

Total = 1.55

If the rumour that Old Mutual SA is going to bid for the remainder at 1.81 per share is correct, then the price should be approximately (0.728 + 48% x 1.81) = $1.60

The valuation should be slightly less to discount for the time between now and the theoretical take-over. Obviously there is a risk that the rumour is wrong in that Old Mutual may not bid or if it does it is at a lower price!

On the upside, there may be more than one bidder and the price may go higher than $1.81 and Resolution Life may still bid for Life Services in the next few days (Slim chance but not impossible!)

Cheers,

Bruno

PS: I am still holding BUT watching carefully!!! This is not a financial advice! If I know what will happen to HHG, I wouldnÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâ€Â ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢ÃƒÆ’ƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’Æâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã‚¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬Ãƒâ€Â¦ÃƒÆ’‚¡ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’Æâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã‚¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬Ãƒâ€Â¦ÃƒÆ’‚¾ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢t be sitting here posting!