ShareScene needs your help

ShareCafe

To all members,

ShareScene is financially made possible by our advertisers and our sponsors. It takes a team of full time and part time employees to run and manage ShareScene, and this doesn't come cheap.

We really need everyone's support to keep ShareScene a free service. All we ask is that you take an active role in visiting and supporting our sponsors.

-----------

If you appreciate ShareScene and want to keep seeing it grow in quality, size and features, visit one of the links below and register. They are both free and have no obligations at all.

A. Cat Davey (Author of "Making Money From CFD Trading") FREE National CFD Seminars

B. CMC Markets Online CFD Eduation Centre (tutorials, traders bios, links)

If we can get a good enough response for our CFD Month Sponsor, we will be able to afford to pay the bills and soon launch two very exciting new features free to all ShareScene members.

ShareScene needs your support, so please make the effort by choosing one of the links above.

Regards to all members,

Geoffrey

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to those who have signed up on these sites and supported ShareScene in doing so.

But we need more help. If you havn't done so yet, please check out the message below. We would really appreciate your help.

Geoff

In reply to: ADMIN1 on Wednesday 15/03/06 02:47pm

im already with CMC , it was one of first on the market with this product

a couple of years ago ,although the competition is hot on their heels at the moment.

bought catherine daveys first book , which was a "cfd for dummies" type book

it explained the product quite well if your starting out in CFDs & would recommend

it before getting her second book

• 5 years later...
Good to see sharescene has attracted another advertiser with Strawberry Road on board, I assume they are an new addition as I have not noticed them on this site before. My wife buys from them, they are very efficient, easy ordering and tracking system, good service.

• 5 years later...

Um, .............. I've been on SS for a while, and my activity picked up after the demise of a couple of other forums, namely Ten Bags Full and, prior to that, SharesGuru. As a aside, I have never felt that I needed to go on HotCopper, though it would be fair comment, I suspect, that if a few contributors on SS migrated to HC, it would be win-win as that might well lift the average level of input on BOTH boards. :)

That said, I've used the boards to suit me, as a receptacle for ideas and information that was easily accessible later on, both personally and for work. Which brings me to the point that I'm retiring today and heading off, to the bush, OS, anywhere. And this will mean I won't have access to a lot of the info that passes through and that I've utilised in my job.

I suspect my interest level will drop, I've dumbed down (possibly even de-risked, to some extent) personal and SMSF portfolios; I'll still drop in and put the occasional thing up but SS isn't going to be open on the desk top on a daily basis, any more.

As the thread title indicates, this site is free and thus dependent on advertising, so if you want it to keep going, plug away. Don't be shy; it's all grist to the mill (...there are no dumb questions, only dumb answers <but a lot of dumb stocks> ).

Chow for niao

Well done nipper.

Have appreciated your posts for years, and always wondered how you had time to do all the research that you did.

Enjoy your retirement, and with luck I might see you in the great Australian outdoors. Do you have a large claw ?

Thanks again for your huge input.

Cheers

J

All the best! Unfortunately I have succumbed somewhat to HC as this site appears sadly imo stale. As you say, it maybe better some went across there and whether or not I'm in that category, I find both sites helpful in wealth creation once you sort the good from the bad! You might find your interest will increase with retirement!! :biggrin:

Only a newbie Sharescene poster myself, but have enjoyed your input - so many thanks.

Congrats on your impending retirement and enjoy it to the fullest.

I recently migrated to SS from HC, after advising them to close my account. HC is a stock forum where unfortunately cheerleaders thrive and contrarian points of view do not. Cheerleader groups (every thread has a tight knit ramp team) TOU posts they don't approve of en masse. Moderators, who do not understand the stock and/or subject matter, simply act on the number of TOU's they receive and remove the posts the cheerleaders do not like.

Many great contrarian posters, with subject knowledge/qualifications, etc, have moved away from HC as a result. I think you will find many more posters migrating from HC to SS - they can keep the rampers.

One HC contrarian poster, Clark Kent, wrote this many years ago - I think it was at the time of CVI being ramped to the moon and back.

If you fit this model, below, you'll be a top poster on HC, with a heart, in next to no time. :)

The 25 stages of a Hotcopper Fantasy stock

-----------------------------------------------------------

1. Dormant explorer quietly acquires exploration tenement in an unheard of part of the world

2. Intention to drill the 'hottest' commodity of the day is announced to the market

3. Investors undertake a quick geography lesson. Tenement located on Google Earth

4. Messianic posters appear extolling the virtues of this 'sure-fire-thing'.

5. Posters cram on Wikipedia. Regional geology and drilling techniques knowledgeably discussed

6. On location photo of company official appears (in safari suit)

7. Frequent company announcements, such as capital raisings, are greeted enthusiastically

8. Optimistic valuations by wannabe geologists/economists abound

9. Each powerpoint presentation adds $1 billion to the market capitalisation

10. Share price climbs precipitously

11. Stockmarket novices delight in referring to options as "oppies" and ordinary shares as "heads"

12. Mountains of previously 'scarce' scrip hits the market

13. Director sales are pathetically rationalised

14. Share price drops precipitously

15. Wannabe experts declare "buy the panic, oversold value play" (as bad a sign as any)

16. Numerous conspiracy theories regarding capping, profiling and price manipulation emerge

17. Share price chart resembles a "House with pointy roof and chimney"

18. Shareholders reluctantly espouse Long-Term-Buy-and-Hold investment

19. The once prolific "Messiah" suffers writer's block, and no longer responds to posts

20. Company announcements dry up and become more vague

21. Lots of acrimonious exchanges ensue on Hotcopper

22. The "Messiah" and his band of faithfuls move camp

23. Seek.com and Metlink web-sites experience a sharp increase in traffic

24. The "Messiah" attributes his blunder to dishonest reporting by company management