one fat lady

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No worries Cola,

As they are now ramping up development of their software and some good management decisions in using China and India as a cost affective program.

IMHO opinion, there will be a string of announcements of new contracts over the next few months that should bring the sp back to the 50's.

IN REPLY TO A POST BY splitview, Tue 30/03/04 01:33pm

still didn't show me the money for this contract????

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$thats what I want to see$$$$$$$$$$

IN REPLY TO A POST BY one fat lady, Tue 30/03/04 06:19pm

I said nothing about dollars being shown now. This may well be a freeby, and as far as im concerned it is, without dollars being mentioned. Never the less it shows the scope of just how far and wide these applications can be used, hence the significance imo.

I donÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢t deny the market may well want to see $$$$$$, before moving, and thatÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s fine. I use TA and will be there.

Disclosure: I do hold a long term position which is free carried from BQT profits.

Concern over biometric passports

Biometric passports would contain information like fingerprints

Civil rights campaigners have voiced concerns over plans to implement a global biometric identity system for air travellers.

The International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) is set to agree an international standard for facial recognition on all new passports.

The plans have the backing of the US government and the European Union.

It could create a global database of over a billion people by 2015, warned Privacy International.

Global database

The ICAO standard, being agreed at a meeting in Cairo this week, would require all newly issued electronic passports to have space for additional biometrics such as fingerprinting.

"We are increasingly concerned that the biometric travel document initiative is part and parcel of a larger surveillance infrastructure monitoring the movements of individuals globally," said civil liberty groups Privacy International and the American Civil Liberties Union.

Italy is testing prototype biometric passports

Millions of air passengers could end up on a computer system that could be accessed by governments across the world, said Dr Gus Hosein from Privacy International.

"With the biometric passport, every country may have its own surveillance system, accumulating fingerprints and face-scans and keeping them for as long as they wish with no regard to privacy or civil liberties," he warned.

"Governments may claim that they are under an international obligation to create national databases of fingerprints and face scans but we will soon see nations with appalling human rights records generating massive databases, and then requiring our own fingerprints and face-scans as we travel," he added.

US legislation

The US has been routinely fingerprinting and face-scanning foreign visitors since January of this year.

Legislation passed after the September 2001 attacks required foreign countries to create biometric-enabled passports.

Countries such as the UK, which currently do not require a visa for citizens to travel to the US, have until October of this year to ensure all passports have the capacity for biometric information by October of this year.

If they do not comply, citizens will have to get a visa before travelling to America.

Micro-chipped passports are due to be introduced in the UK in the middle of 2005.