MSP

one fat lady

QUOTE (wolverine @ Tuesday 08/02/05 12:21pm)

Hi, wolverine,

Regarding BQT's premises... we shall see, what we shall see. My foresight is no better than yours or anybody else's. But remember that you heard it here first!

Things over here, Matey? Weatherwise - remarkably, disconcertingly, mild; a fair bit of sunshine for which we pay with a little ice and fog at night. Sailingwise - We're on a roll: Ellen Macarther has made it! Knocked the stuffing out of the world record http://www.ShareScene.com/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif Now that's one hell of a lady in my book.

As to the beer: email me your credit card number - or stick a few AUD in my PayPal account - I'll gladly sink a few cannies to your good health http://www.ShareScene.com/html/emoticons/wink.gif

Be lucky,

Moonshine

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

nah moonie i don't think you were the only one to post that info so i don't think you can claim exclusivity but if it ever leads to anything you can have bragging rights.

what makes you think philips leasing some space is significant? surely they do this all around the world.

what's your paypal number???

In reply to: Moonshine on Tuesday 08/02/05 08:17pm

I wonder just how close our cuddly little BQT is to Philips?

My guess is "extremely distant". Phillips Semiconductors is a silicon vendor - one of the largest in the world. BQT might be the smallest end-user of its silicon in the world. I can't see any other link between the two.

If BQT makes a success of itself, it well might become an acquisition target - but only for the likes of a security-focused systems integrator, like Johnson Controls. That is the type of company that will be on the look-out for a proven biometrics sub-contractor, as the industry starts to consolidate.

All this talk over Philips, etc is all hot air.

If Genner's managed to get support and backing from some of the characters at Phillips, so be it, but I'd like to know whats going on in the Indian operation and how their current projects are progressing.

In the end it's about the technology and the guys behind the code. The technology is very specific, this can be a big issue in software development when expanding.

If someone was willing to back it by one and a half, and Genner's happy to put his cash in. I'm going to hold, even though I think they should improve their PR machine.

http://www.ShareScene.com/html/emoticons/thumbdown.gif I concur, a lot of hot air blowing here.

BQT moved premises some 10-12 weeks back, or at least announced this on their web site. If you know the Ryde Technology Park, then you will know that it has a high percentage of unutilised space therefore not difficult to secure a sub lease arrangement.

I'll pass on the real estate and await the news of orders in China, EUMEA, APAC, NAM and any other part of the world.

bqt buy side looked a bit stronger today .. close of .24 .. i guess we're three days closer to an announcement than when i last posted. http://www.ShareScene.com/html/emoticons/puke.gif getting sick of the wait here while the rest of the market goes gangbusters.

Have just been re-reading the various BQT posts over the past year .... no doubt there's been nothing but speculation about when they are going to sign a company making contract and very little of the conjecture has been close to the mark ..... i've topped up again in recent days and am probably keener now to trade it on any spike than i have been in the past.

so putting aside whether they ever will land a big contract ... i was wondering what people think about trading bqt in the hours and days after any big announcement ... given bqt has been so highly pumped at various times is it possible anything but a blockbuster announcement or two in close succession could actually see this one fall .... ? the 'sell the news' scenario looms as one poster wrote a few weeks back.

be interested to hear your views.

regards

In reply to: dylan on Sunday 13/02/05 06:07pm

http://www.ShareScene.com/html/emoticons/graduated.gif Dylan, I expect to see BQT SP retrace to 28-30cents in the next 10 days based on little more than turnover we saw Wed,Thurs & Friday of last week.

I think the buyers will generally be those that hold the belief, albeit strained belief, that BQT will deliver a knock out deal at some stage.

Once we hit the 28-30c level, we will need good news to propell the price higher - the problem being that many shareholders will have securred shares in the 22-24cent range and a SP of 30c represents a 25%-35% gain in a very short time frame and there will be pressure to realise such gains............so worse case we see the SP fall back again.

I hope we see the SP retrace to the 28-30 level without an announcement then followed up shortly thereafter with some good news. This would see the SP hit the 40c level again.

SO easy on paper, reality is harder !!

In reply to: patrikgeorge on Monday 14/02/05 11:27am

Dylan, I expect to see BQT SP retrace to 28-30cents in the next 10 days based on little more than turnover we saw Wed,Thurs & Friday of last week.

Hmm ... I like that idea actually .... a retrace to 28 .... what will get up to before then http://www.ShareScene.com/html/emoticons/tongue.gif