MSP

one fat lady

QUOTE (wolverine @ Monday 24/01/05 04:36pm)

Probably another private placement coming up at around 20c and the person is peeved they didnt get any, so to vent their anger they are going to show their "power" http://www.ShareScene.com/html/emoticons/cool.gif

Ohhh shudder ... did I mention that dreaded capital raising idea again ... uggh ... only just managed to recover from the assault from BuubleBoy / DongChen after it was last suggested (oh and for the record ... there was one http://www.ShareScene.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif )

PS. Just kidding on the above ... but there will be, obviously, a valid reason why a line of that size has been sold at market.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Toggs and The_Muns, sorry for speculating that you could be Barry on oze. No harm intended. I was just taking a guess.

Toggs, Dongcheng on oze was quoting you and my conversations on whether genner was selling. i speculated that you were same person as donga. i was wrong it seems and apologise accordingly.

Not a great day .... still whoever sold that slab only managed to drive it back to .25 - not .22, so I suppose that's something ... are we to presume that news about contracts is still some way away, or was it either big insto taking profit, or stale holder from last run up? anyone have any insights on today's trading.

i'm still holding, watching ...

In reply to: dylan on Monday 24/01/05 04:34pm

Dylan, i doubt the seller was trying to push it down so they could buy it back cheaper. Depsite what gets posted on forums its not all about one big conspiracy/manipluation to do the little guy out of his money. Whoever sold, got cold feet for whatever reason. Maybe they know something, maybe they don't. The coming days, weeks will tell us who the smart money is though. BQT had been going sideways for many weeks before this little spurt. That would be plenty enough time for someone to soak up that many shares without putting the price up.

Hi Jay,

Im actually not suggesting they were trying to get back in .. in fact it seemed obvious to me they wanted out big time .. the question remains why, because surely they could have got a better price by dribbling out smaller, but still large, sells into the rally.

You're right, its quite possible its someone who's either bought in at the lower rate (although there was such low volume for much of that period I actually doubt it) or, perhaps more likely, someone who got caught holding at higher prices and so they took the opportunity to get out while the price was nearer their entry level. Who knows, maybe its a fund rebalancing their portfolio ....

Again, probably not worth speculating too much .... they're out now and the price starts again afresh tomorrow at .25 .... hopefully we can see a stablisation/recovery to .26ish.

I still believe in bqt's business plan and, more importantly, expect that management do too. I hold from lower levels than these, it remains, as it always has with this one, a waiting game.

regards

In reply to: dylan on Monday 24/01/05 04:34pm

The selling was from HSBC - they a generally not an insto broker.

Theu sold over 2 million units, over the last 2 months that broker has not bought not more than 700/-. My guess is they previously bought before the last placement and a rueing it.

I see todays trading as healthy volume, either a trader took a profit and got out or a loss and got some money back. Who cares unless your trading. In which the extra volume and volatility is good news, and the traders do love this stock.

Fundamentals rely on sales, so we would need an announcement for that.

Hi, guys,

At risk of talking a load of tosh - in which case you can all shoot me down and I'll try not to whinge in stereotype UK style - I'd like to run something past you for your comments.

For reasons of cost and time difference I do not have the advantage of streaming data from ASX like some of you, so I rely on the and-of-day 'market depth figures', but I do download the 'deal data', and it is from this static data that I'm working.

In today's trading data there are five deals that stand out from all the others:

10:01 531000 @ 0.27

10:20 1092000 @ .26

11.37 586495 @.26

12.31 802606 @ .24

15:56 354028 @ 0.25

I have no way of knowing which are buys or sells, other than by inference from the sequence of the prices. I am assuming that the first two are the sells that started - understandably!! - the price slide. They total about 1.6m units at a net cost of $427,240. After each of the next two (the last was the penultimate deal of the day, so has little following effect) the price rose again - so I am assuming that these must have been buys. So let's assume that all three were buys? They total about 1.7m units @ a net return of $431,371.14 - or a net profit of $4,131.14 - costs covered, a bit of a profit taken... and a dramatic price damping achieved - for whatever puropse.

Just a thought - any comments?

Cheers,

Moonshine

Edited by Moonshine