DAX30

happy2

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In reply to: happy2 on Saturday 04/03/06 12:14am

Happy looks like DAX more volatile than FTSE, may be an easier thing to trade?? My broker told me a lot of traders like to deal with DAX because of its volatility.

FTSE seems more resilient, while DAX is so fragile once it starts to slide.

In reply to: crowman28 on Saturday 04/03/06 12:16am

That's what we like volatility, so we can get in and out. Only I have to learn how to handle that sort of volatility. The FTSE is volatile, at least more volatile than the ASX as a rule. Kind of trying to cut my teeth on it. But have been watching the DAX over the last month. I noticed it ranged more than the SWISS too.

In reply to: happy2 on Saturday 04/03/06 12:20am

So what's the best way to deal with this market Happy? Scalping??

Or just holding a position until a pre-determined target, and forget about the volatility?

The danger is there is no after market for the DAX, so it may gap up or down next session, scary stuff?

In reply to: crowman28 on Saturday 04/03/06 12:22am

Crow, if you can get in and out with 20pts profit on average a night that would be sweet.

Need to study the market for a little while to familarize yourself with it. Right now analysts are saying it needs to correct. So a short may not be a bad idea. However, I would rather be in and out. Easy 50pts there tonight from 5808.