Renewable Energy

theflasherman

In reply to: Barra on Monday 14/05/07 06:29pm

Gday

Your cheapest option with the most upside is GRK, has leases encompassing olympic dam. Also conventional geothermal in hungary, that loks like a dead cert. Could have sidetracked or added multiple wells to last project, but then would not have been eligible for refund. It would appear that companies getting floated start at a higher value.

Cheers

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I read an article yesterday, that basically inferred that Rans' big mouth is propping this sector up at the moment. That 50 mil promise is what attracted investors to geothermal. I must admit it was a big promise, but i am not sure it's what is attracting the interest!

Any thoughts on this?

• 11 months later...

Yes alternative energy talks. One Alternative Energy question? Where does alternative energy begin? Gas is an alternative to coal & oil & has a smaller footprint though a footprint none the less. Before the coal guzzling power plants finish producing energy, fly ash & co2 I beleieve gas will be the intermediary way. Before geo thermal and solar can produce significant amounts of electricity, governments will attempt to reduce greenhouse gases & not close down living standards or make themselves unpopular by encouraging gas fired power stations. The half way step.

Geodynamic is selling at $1.75? producing nil electricty. The will to succeed by the public is enormous. WE want clean energy. We are sick of dumb energy. The Geodynamic price compares to wind energy producers like BBW who trade at less & actively produce electricity in Europe Australia the USA. There is a great desire from the population for the alternate energy sector to give clean energy. A sniff of success & we will invest.

Any news of Carnegie wave technology contracts?

In reply to: grahamj on Tuesday 10/06/08 09:22am

grahamj,

I would have to qualify your comments... the "WE" who want all these desireable alternatives also don't want to pay significantly more for any of it, and they've been conditioned by impractical press and greens to believe that it's all available for free from the sun and cow farts without any concept of energy density and harvesting. Most suggestions are about as practical as supplying Brisbane Water by harvesting dew from golf courses... well yes, you could do that, but.... Even the best immediate course of coal bed methane usage may hit a wall if it has to carry the cost of disposal of salty dewatering waste and possible land degradation (and why shouldn't it?) Let's hope the public never realise that geothermal heat comes from radioactive decay in granite or it will be banned too! http://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/wink.gif

In reply to: bananabender on Tuesday 10/06/08 10:42am

Yes & No, sorting out successful technologies will be a matter of the survival of the fittest. This does not mean that low green house gas , low polluting , energy sources are by definition impossible or in some indeterminant way wankers. Also degrees of ability to produce energy with low emissions and environmental impact will vary and no doubt there will be stinkers.

Does the coal industry carry the cost of climate change? Does oil?

There are probably more human farts about than cow & harvesting those is looking highly lucrative if difficult.

• 1 month later...

great idea http://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif

Let's add CNX, CFU, and DYE

Disclosure: I hold all three and am adding while it makes commercial sense.

Others are CNM (wave energy, desalination), CGY (in situ gasification), MLM have an IPO pending for their subsidiary Metro Coal (in situ gasification, coal-to-liquids), and Linc Energy, of course, for coaql-to-liquids. I hold MLM and CNM and will buy a few of the others "in due season".