S&P/ASX 200

ShareCafe

In reply to: kahuna1 on Thursday 12/08/04 03:42pm

Hi kahuna1

Well who would have thought it !

All Ords hits a new high of 3600 http://www.ShareScene.com/html/emoticons/lmaosmiley.gif

I'm starting to back out of the market now.

Going on a short holiday on the 24th of September and will be back to watch the carnage on the 6th of October.

Cheers Tex.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In reply to: texas4qld on Thursday 09/09/04 11:26am

Well .... no carnage on the 6th October http://www.ShareScene.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif Pulled back on the 8th ... which was understandable ....

But overall the XJO is still trending up and with other market indicators not suggesting the Aussie market is overheated or topping out ... yet ....

post-37-1097443780.png

In reply to: thekiwi on Monday 11/10/04 07:29am

I have to say I'm gob smacked by the recent run.

I did hold one stock in the event I was wrong, but it has just moved sideways.

Should have held a resource stock http://www.ShareScene.com/html/emoticons/wink.gif

The Aussie economy is in good shape, and if the U.S. can get through it's election without any terror attacks, you'd think that the run will continue over the next 12 months (in certain stocks).

The All Ords chart does look very top heavy when you look at the full history chart and I still think that 3450 is the support, but if and when that happens is anyones guess.

Cheers Tex.

• 1 month later...

A great start today and this is a first for me, my entire portfolio is in the green. I am a wee bit unnerved by this and question the continuing strength of the market. Is it super'n dollars alone driving it I wonder.

Regards ERR http://www.ShareScene.com/html/emoticons/unsure.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Some have been calling a top in the ASX for many weeks now & selling longs&/or going short.

Of course they are not doing so well.........

I went to a engagement party last night & talked to many new people I had not met before.

When answering "Daytrader" as to what I do for work, NOT ONE person knew what I was talking about.

The majority of people I spoke too were self-employed, small business owners & or tradespeople earning good money.

The majority of people I spoke to also had investment properties.

The backyard BBQ test to me suggests the Bull Market still has a long way to go.

IMHO opinion there is no investment class giving better returns or potential further returns than the sharemarket.

cheers.

In reply to: tom924 on Sunday 05/12/04 05:59pm

With respect to your abilities as a daytrader, do you in fact look at long term charts ? It is when the people at a BBQ are feeling confident about future prospects that a crash is most likely to occur. Whilst i am far from an accomplished chartist, I feel that we are approaching a top on the All Ordinaries and if the S & P 500 doesnt get through the .618 retrace in the next few days, then there could be a reversal on the cards.I would be looking at Tuesday but could happen at any time this week.

Than again, I have been wrong before

• 2 weeks later...

whilst difficult to get the top i believe we are not too far away looking at a weekly chart . i am certainly willing to sell SPI around 4100 based on this chart looking for 100 point range down . i cant see it turning on a dime so plenty of opportunities will come .

........................ bris

post-37-1103539010.gif