FTSE 100

happy2

In reply to: crowman28 on Tuesday 13/12/05 11:38pm

Just shorted myself, Crow, but jumped out when the index didn't continue down. Could go up to 5550 before it retraces.

I've learnt not to have an opinion when it comes to what I think the market will do.

Just follow my indicators and jump when if I don't get it right. If I get it right, I get out when my targets are met.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In reply to: crowman28 on Wednesday 14/12/05 12:07am

Crow, whatever you do is your decision.

My experience is that if the market moves against me, I get out. I have given back too much watching 3pts go to 4 then 5 and before I know it, 10pts, then a surge.

On the other hand, when shorting, I always believe it is in a person's favour that the market will come back, providing it is not at the bottom of a upward move.

A different story when going long. Market could fall and turn bearish for a long time.

In reply to: happy2 on Wednesday 14/12/05 12:14am

Don't give up till the very end Happy. Last night when I entered at 5530, it moved against me and went to 5540 being the highest, then I went to bed. When I woke up, it finished at 5507.5 for the March futures.

Mind you I didn't have a stop last night to carry with.

Tonight I have a stop, but still want to see how this GM will effect the Dow and hence the FTSE when market opens.

In reply to: crowman28 on Wednesday 14/12/05 12:17am

This is one of the difficulties of the exercise, crow. I just jumped ship and the index has come down 5pts from where I jumped. I am square on the trade but if it goes down now I will not be on it.