Gold

Katwomyn

IN REPLY TO A POST BY happychappy, Mon 12/01/04 04:55pm   [READ POST]

Hi Rotuma - the choice of company depends a lot on the risk/reward balance that you are after.

If you looking for a possible 10x bagger return (and can accept the risk of a 50-90% loss) then KCG, SMO would fit. There are lots more speccy gold stocks in this category than I can follow - but AMG, GBG come to mind as two that are worth looking at.

OXR/BSG are lower risk, higher quality, and valued accordingly.

Other good lower risk stocks would include GRD (for exposure to Oceania gold float) & SED (emerging gold producer - see also the posts by Redned71 on Asxboard and ozestock).

I also like ADU a lot, but the price has moved sharply upwards recently.

R/happy

Hi Rotuma,

I'll add my two cents:

High potential growth for consideration:

1) Intec (INL) - recently graduated to gold producer - not yet on everyone's radar since recent 50/50 purchase of Hellyer project (Approx Au$1.6b in inferred metals) in Tasmania. Ivanhoe Mines owns the other 50% of the Hellyer Project. Intec, over many years, have also developed and patented mineral processing technologies for gold, copper, etc. Their copper process is proven. Their patented gold processing technology (Intec Refractory Gold Process - IRGP) is suited to approx 30% of the world's gold. Intec recently completed a pilot plant which will demonstrate their process. The first project through the pilot plant is Ivanhoe's, the second will be Hellyer gold. Intec will be targeting the above ground metals contained in the Hellyer's tailings dam (no digging required). There is much, much more to Intec's growth potential and I recommend a visit to their website @ http://www.intec.com.au/html/home/default.shtm - Trading approx 12.5-13c

2) Michelago (MIC) - Interests in China - watch very closely for additional good news. Trading approx 12.5c

3) Crown Diamonds (CRD) - Acquiring another significant diamond mine - under due diligence - watch for confirmation of acquisition.

Also consider ...

Croesus (CRS) - Have been around for a long time. Nickel assets recently vested in NKL through IPO last year - CRS maintain a majority shareholding. CRS paid a 1.5c (30% franked) dividend last year. Trading approx 50-52c

As always; the higher the potential return, the higher the risk so your own research is a necessity.

Regards,

Cris

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

IN REPLY TO A POST BY saxien, Tue 06/01/04 10:29pm   [READ POST]

Like it or not, we are now entering a currency driven gold rush not seen for at least 15 years, as the US currency has to devalue, (and quick) due to it,s self inflicted policy of being the planets policeman, they are now in the process of reflation, to correct their huge currency imbalance, which China will now have to address urgently, having refused to do so earlier by US requests, the Euro, reflects this standoff, but will soon correct, in the meantime aussie golds will have their day in the sun, but don,t get caught, the men in black are at it again, and they, in the end, will win the day, if by some quirk, they let this bubble go too long, you won,t have a job.

Saxien,

"the US currency has to devalue"

I think most agree, so I have been looking at the US Dollar Index as a yardstick measure.

I just noticed that it COULD could have the potential for a double bottom at 84.80 on 12 Jan and at 84.74 on 13 the Feb.

Chart still in downtrend but this signals a caution warning for a change. Not that I expect a quick uptrend but a lot of sloppy sideways action could be on the cards, which would have their effect on all commodities in general.

Just a warning sign for a possible change in trend.

Fumod

• 3 weeks later...

IN REPLY TO A POST BY rotuma, Sat 10/01/04 09:57pm

Check out RSG as well. Of the two I reckon BSG has greater scope for movement, but OXR is also a good choice. Know nothing about the others.

LHG might be a takeover play, was talk of this some time back when NDY was takenover, plus DRD has interests in PNG already soooo

new GOLD SALES AGREEMENT reached...

i have no idea whether its a good one or a bad one, just thought some of you would be interested.

Cheers

c

Reuters

Gold agreement signed by ECB and 14 central banks

Monday March 8, 5:53 am ET

FRANKFURT, March 8 (Reuters) - The following is the text of a news release issued on Monday by the European Central Bank and 14 national central banks in Europe on a new accord to limit sales of gold reserves.

ADVERTISEMENT

"In the interest of clarifying their intentions with respect to their gold holdings, the undersigned institutions make the following statement:

1. Gold will remain an important element of global monetary reserves.

2. The gold sales already decided and to be decided by the undersigned institutions will be achieved through a concerted programme of sales over a period of five years, starting on 27 September 2004, just after the end of the previous agreement. Annual sales will not exceed 500 tons and total sales over this period will not exceed 2,500 tons.

3. Over this period, the signatories to this agreement have agreed that the total amount of their gold leasings and the total amount of their use of gold futures and options will not exceed the amounts prevailing at the date of the signature of the previous agreement.