Live Quotes....

Alastor

IN REPLY TO A POST BY Alastor, Tue 06/01/04 10:10pm   [READ POST]

Is there an Australian site (free), except "The Trading Room", that shows live ASX share price quotes?
If so, can you please help?
Thanks in anticipation:)))

I think the answer to your question is to sign up with one of the free internet brokers.

I reccomend comsec.

Guest dervish

I think there were some other free live price sites previously, but many have (to my knowledge) gone out of business with data price rises.

I may be wrong, but i dont think you get much for free anymore.

IN REPLY TO A POST BY Alastor, Tue 06/01/04 09:40pm   [READ POST]

Is there an Australian site (free), except "The Trading Room", that shows live ASX share price quotes?
If so, can you please help?
Thanks in anticipation:)))

Try quote tracker, it's best if you have an online broker so you can tap into their feed, but I think there are some free sites (delayed) as well.

It may seem technical at first but stick with it and take the time, it's a great system for new traders.

If you need help let me know.

http://www.quotetracker.com/

Tex.

R/Ross

It's a nice piece of software, and a great way to get feed if you're just dealing with one of the online banks that have shocking graphics and data display.

Off course it doesn't compare to aotonline.com.au which costs around $80 a month but really makes a big difference.

keep pressing the buttons and stuff, but if you get really stuck then just post your questions so the rest of the forum ghosters can pick up the details.

p.s. try the different colour schemes.

Tex.

I have to agree I've been using it for years if you have a large watchlist it can take a while to update but if it is small you can update at whatever speed your broker can handle. It has all types of alerts, co news updates, charts and the tech support is great and prompt even for the free version.

Cheers FRaz2

IN REPLY TO A POST BY fraz2, Mon 12/01/04 01:17pm   [READ POST]

I have to agree I've been using it for years if you have a large watchlist it can take a while to update but if it is small you can update at whatever speed your broker can handle. It has all types of alerts, co news updates, charts and the tech support is great and prompt even for the free version.
Cheers FRaz2

Hi Fraz2

Perhaps you could help me out ?

I use quotetracker to monitor U.S. stocks.....I use Motley fool for the data feed, just recently I have not been able to get updates.

Any ideas welcome.

Tex.

I don't follow US stocks however in the past when I have trouble with my broker they have changed the logon scripts. Usualy an update will identify if this has happened and you can select which ones you need to update.

If not use the email contact to Gerry Medved he is usually very responsive bearing in mind US time. Occasionally quotetracker has not picked up on changes and notifying them allows them to check it out for you.

Goodluck Fraz2