Forthcoming dividend details: ex-dividend date

PaulB

G'day all.

Can anyone tell me if there is a single source (preferably free) that can give price history, ex-div dates and distributions for all managed funds?

I noticed the fund manager's websites don't always publish ex-div dates, some require registration and the task of amalgamating the data for large numbers of funds is quite a task. Can anyone offer the all in one solution?

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When I was searching for a "home" for forthcoming dividends, this thread seemed to be the most appropriate.

What does surprise me, however, is that nobody had checked the ASX website - why not try "the horse's mouth" first? :graduated:

Anyway, that's where I get these data from, checking http://www.asx.com.au/asx/markets/DividendSearchPage.jsp

And the result, sorted by date, looks like this:

post-20537-1235296907.gif

post-20537-1235296934.gif

Hi Henrietta,

the "secret" is that I go to the ASX website, request the details for each stock I'm interested in, and stick the result into an Excel spreadsheet. Up to ten at a time - e.g. anz bbg bhp cba ene era fgl wow - can be requested, and the result will be

http://www.asx.com.au/asx/markets/Dividend...amp;view=latest

which comes up with the picture attached below

(Actually, I send Excel out to read the stocks, but that's because I'm lazy ;) ) Sorting the list is then a cinch.

post-20537-1235301063.gif

Why are BHP dividends quoted in USCents?

28/09/2007100%FinalUS 27C PER SHARE 33.630318C FR@30%

18/03/2008100%InterimUS 29C PER SHARE 31.937587C FR@30%

25/09/2008100%FinalUS 41C PER SHARE 46.902169C FR 30%

17/03/2009100%InterimUS 41C PER SHARE 64.950495C FR 30%

Exchange rate move from last year .90 to this year .63 seems

very favourable to indigenous owners. here I was lamenting my

pacific peso, when in fact my BHP divvy has doubled in my money. :rolleyes:

BHP is mining in so many different countries - it's also merged with International conglomerate Billiton, whose home is London.

Since the merger, accounts and dividends are denominated in USD.

• 3 months later...

The below is from Wikipedia

The ex-dividend date is the date, preceding the "owner of record date" allowing for the settlement period. The ex-dividend date is typically two trading days before the record date. Therefore, in order to receive the upcoming dividend payment payout, you must own or must purchase the stock prior to the ex-dividend date. In most countries, when you buy or sell any stock, there is a three trading-day settlement period on your order; if you purchase a stock on Thursday, the purchase does not settle until Tuesday. The same applies when you sell a stock.

Example of how a company would announce its dividend payout: Company XYZ announced today that its quarterly cash distribution of $0.10 per share will be paid on April 15, 2009 to shareholders of record at the close of business on March 31, 2009.

From the example above, the record date is Tuesday March 31, 2009, and the ex-dividend date is Friday March 27, 2009. To be a shareholder of record on Tuesday March 31, 2009, you must purchase the stock before the ex-dividend date. In this case, you must have purchased XYZ stock on or before Thursday March 26, 2009 and not have sold it until or after Friday March 27, 2009.

You must be a stockholder on the record date to receive the dividend payment and you only have to own the stock for one day to be entitled to receive the dividend payment. The dividend payout will be deposited into your account on the payout date. In the example above, that date would be April 15, 2009.