DMP - DOMINOS PIZZA ENTERPRISES LIMITED

ShareCafe

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In reply to: tasteofmoney on Tuesday 13/12/05 07:38am

tasteofmoney,

This is from a review from "Float Tank". Don't know their credentials and don't agree with everything they say. However this may be "food" for thought, and note that it was based on a PER of 16.9 at the time.

"And finally, as always, there's the price. The company is being priced on a forecast PER of 16.9 and a dividend yield of 2.5% for 2005. These are the types of numbers we attribute to large, proven growth companies with strong economic characteristics. Domino's, on the other hand, is a small company fighting hard in a tough industry. So far it's done pretty well but, in a static market, its job will only get harder as time goes on. All up, we recommend you AVOID." Obviously in the short term, this was not a great recommendation.

If you interested, here is the whole link.

http://www.floattank.com.au/focus.php?page=28471

Just trying to add some balance. I do not hold or have any other interest. Up to you.

Cheers

In reply to: the rooster on Tuesday 13/12/05 08:56pm

Hi Rooster,

Thanx for your great reply and the link. Personally I would agree with their summary but the market beg's to differ. I had a friend who took on a franchise for Pizza Haven and after all the work he and his family put in he only made a small profit on the sale. It is a ruthless line of business especially given his location. Within a kilometre of his business he had 13 competitors. Most of whom were a private family business who can charge and sell what they like. Unlike my mate who had to tow the company policy which can be frustrating having your hands tied.

Cheers

Tom

• 1 year later...

Topic rename

DOMINO'S PIZZA AUSTRALIA NEW ZEALAND LIMITED (DMP)

To:

DOMINO'S PIZZA ENTERPRISES LIMITED (DMP)

Thankyou

Sharescene.com

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

"Pizza anyone?"

Not sure whether it's a "cyclic" stock, but in summer-autumn, their tide seems to be rising.

Although volume is less than flash, I noticed 3 days of rising P&V. I'll put it on watch.

Do they offer shareholder discounts? ;)

post-20537-1233008367.gif

• 5 years later...

what a shocker when I see the prev post from Arty DMP was $2.7 at that time!!

Anyway, just wann post on DMP about its potential to hit 17.30 again , and perhaps the top of the channel around 18.20 later

Predicting DMP movement seems easy, pizza business seems stable and less likely to surprise the market , unlike the miner's quarterly reports and trading update from the airliners ...

"Pizza anyone?" :lol:

post-22250-1392077184_thumb.png