RRS

ShareCafe

In reply to: bartm on Monday 16/10/06 09:00am

bartm

I don't subscribe to the, if you don't like it sell and shut up mentality.

I think every investor is entitled to consider the negative aspects and by doing so it helps them to better understand their investments. This forum is for people to discuss all aspects of their investment in RRS, good and bad. Sometimes understanding the dark side leads to better understanding of the light. Something you might appreciate if you're on prozac...

• Replies 21.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In reply to: otrab on Monday 16/10/06 12:18pm

Hi otrab,

Good to see you representing " the other team ".

You have been patiently waiting in CXM for 4 years waiting for CXM to make the big move.

The cash side of things looks as you say " a no brainer ". Excellent.

I would have thought that Lundin would be very unlikely to pull out unless there was extreme turmoil in Somalia.

If that how you see it ?

What do you see as the big risks as to getting this deal over the line with a rig in Puntland ?

In reply to: theflasherman on Monday 16/10/06 07:12pm

Yes Flasher the prozac helps me see both the dark side and the bright side, thanks for reminding me.

And I don't really care whether you subscribe to the, if you don't like it sell and shut up mentality.Thats your choice.

I remember another stock where shareholders felt really agrieved about the management's behavior and blatant divesting of assets, to the point certain shareholders considered a challenge to the decision, in the end they shut up, couldn't work that one out all. However I guess those shareholders decided to review their position and shut up.

But about Range I was stating the obvious, drawn by conclusion of watching the reporting of the Company to its shareholders for sometime now. You can ask all the questions on a forum as much as you want about reporting. They pay little or no attention to you in this case as they are intent on bringing these deals together.

In reply to: econex on Monday 16/10/06 05:02pm

Yes time might have stretched longer than anticipated, but you know these things happen, specially when your dealing in the third world. A friend of my recently moved into their newly constructed home. The builder told him that it would take 4months to complete. Well 13months later he was able to move in. What I'm trying to say is delays occur all time, so I think its really unfair to hold management account.

Can you imagine how many times PL has been asked the question: how soon do you think it will be before a JV is finalised?

Sportback: My opinion stands as stated.

I also understand that delays occur, especially when trying to do such a complex deal in such a politically volatile area.

My beef is that shareholders haven't been dealt with honestly...but repeatedly fobbed off with unrealistic timelines and the old 1-2 week line. Would much rather management said nothing or that they're not sure when Jvs will be signed. Ater all, where have all the rumors and Chinese whispers originated from? My opinion also stands as stated that PL has treated shareholders with contempt.

Apart from that I don't deny the excellence of the management team and perhaps on refelection my comments over the weekend were a bit harsh. Agree with Brantley that if SJ and LL can't get this over the line, then noone can. Am delighted to have LL on board. But also agree with Flasherman that if If LL decides this is too risky, then it's probably too risky for anyone and the company might go under.

Hi All,

FYI....Please find below a section from Lukas Lundin's interview with KITCO. If you have the time it is worth it to read the full interview. Hopefully it will give you some insight into the type of people that are involved. Time will tell how all this will play out for us....

Cheers,

Brantley

http://www.kitcocasey.com/xleague/viewExpl...php?id=11&t=bio

Section of Lukas Lundin's interview with KITCO

XL:
Any lessons that you can cross over from those experience to your business work?

Lukas:
I guess the lesson is "stay focused". Everyone asks me what it was like doing the Dakar, and I tell them it's kind of like going to the monastery. That sounds strange, but you're so focused and so concentrated on that road so as not to crash that it must be like living in a monastery. Business is the same way ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã‚¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬Ãƒâ€Â¦ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã¢â‚¬Å“ stay focused on what you do, and don't do anything you don't understand. If someone explains something and you don't understand, don't do it. People have tried to explain gold hedging to me and I don't understand it. So, I won't do it.

XL:
Sounds wise. What about accomplishments that you're most proud of in your career?

Lukas:
The great thing is, when the smaller shareholders make money. It's almost more fun to see those people make money than yourself. And the other thing that's fun is, when you create these big projects and you create a lot of job opportunities. Like Alumbrera, the area around the mine was very poor, but by the time you create the mine you have about 500 workers and that probably expands by about 10 times to equal 4,000 or 5,000 jobs in the surrounding area. Tenke Fungurume is going to change the Congo. Those things are quite exciting. You can make a difference ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã‚¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬Ãƒâ€Â¦ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã¢â‚¬Å“ they make money, you make money, everyone does. The worst thing is when stocks go up and down. I hate that.

XL:
Well, yours seem to go up more often than down.

Lukas:
Well, you take a lot of risks in life and you have some failures. You try to manage the risks.

post-16-1160994431.jpg

In reply to: Baeda on Monday 16/10/06 03:02pm

Hi Baeda et al,

otrab is a poster on the Canadian posting board Stockhouse. He posts on the CXM board. I post there as well. Until they shutdown the posting on ASX companies I use to post on RRS.

Go to the weblink below and have a read of some of the posts on the CXM Stockhouse board.

http://www.stockhouse.com/bullboards/viewm...25877&tableid=0

Cheers,

Brantley

Welcome to ShareScene otrab.

QUOTE (dee27 @ Monday 16/10/06 07:42pm)

dee27,

PL has treated shareholders with contempt.

If thats how you feel then why are you still associated with RRS? If it was me and I feld like that, I know what I would have done by now.

How many times did you ask the question, When will the JV be announced?

Did you stop to think how many other holders would call and ask the same question week after week?

At least his answers were always consistant and without prejiduce.

In reply to: Brantley on Monday 16/10/06 08:45pm

hi brantley - well done, yet again

had a look at that link you posted - read canmex's mou statement

that got me thinking about knoc's loi - for the life of me, i could not find an announcement from them, whereas range's was market sensitive

did anyone actually see an announcement from knoc - it may mean nothing, but i am curious

cheers