CZD

Guest stolwyk

Guest stolwyk

For release: 6 November 2003

Phase 2B Clinical Trial commences

"Metabolic is pleased to announce that patient recruitment on its Phase 2b clinical trial of

obesity drug AOD9604 is well under way. We believe this to be the largest clinical trial undertaken by an Australian biotech company.

The trial is being conducted at five clinical trial sites across Adelaide, Melbourne (2 sites), Sydney and Brisbane.

Supplies of AOD9604 have been delivered to all sites and screening and preparation of subjects is well under way. The first enrolled patients are expected to begin treatment in the next few days.

Metabolic has a very large database of hopeful participants, following an overwhelming response to an item aired on Channel NineÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s A Current Affair recently.

Primary Aim

The primary aim of the study is to evaluate the extent of weight loss achieved with AOD9604 treatment compared to placebo, with trial participants subjected to daily oral dosing over a three month period.

Other parameters of interest to be measured include fat

mass, blood cholesterol, glucose metabolism and perceived quality of life.

Trial Design

Three hundred obese but otherwise healthy people will participate in this groundbreaking trial.

The 300 trial subjects will be made up of men and women aged 30 to 65 years with a body mass index (or BMI, being weight in kg divided by the square of height in metres) of 35 or higher.

This number of trial subjects has been chosen to ensure that a statistically significant difference between treatment and placebo groups is possible at the conclusion of the trial for all useful amounts of weight loss (i.e. at or above the amount achieved by

existing weight loss drugs).

Medication will consist of capsules containing a daily dose of AOD9604 or placebo in either 0mg (placebo), 1mg, 5mg, 10mg, 20mg, or 30mg quantities. There will be 50 subjects in each dose group.

Phase 2a oral dosing trials already completed on AOD9604 (a single dose trial and a one-week multiple-dose trial) have indicated that this range of doses will cover the likely optimum dose, with strongest effects previously seen at the 10 mg dose".

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest stolwyk

Bought on 22 Aug. for $1.15. Price shot up to $1.51 on 26 Aug. Drifted gradually to a low of 89 cents on 12 Nov. Was 93 cents on Friday, 14 Nov.

Graph:

http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/javachart...MBP&time=&freq=

Further Info:

http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/topic.asp?TOP...SearchTerms=MBP

http://www.hotcopper.com.au/post_thread.as...&sym=MBP#130595

Gerry

Circumstances may change. Please do your own research and you decide if and when to buy, hold or sell any stocks.

on: Oct 31st, 2003, 1:56am 

Metabolic raps Circadian for deserting stock

Obesity drug developer Metabolic Pharmaceuticals yesterday took a swipe at its biggest investor, Circadian Technologies, for profit-taking as the stock continued to fall.

Metabolic shares closed 3ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒÂ¢Ãƒ¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ lower yesterday to $1.07. Circadian sold 6 million shares last Friday when the stock was $1.14.

The shares have fallen 16ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒÂ¢Ãƒ¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ since Monash University, which discovered the obesity compound, sold 6 million shares on October 14. The price, which dropped to 50ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒÂ¢Ãƒ¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ in May, hit a high of $1.51 in August.

Metabolic managing director Chris Belyea said he believed the university had budget issues but Circadian did not need the cash.

http://theage.com.au/articles/2003/10/30/1...7233321204.html 

Have a look at this one in about 5 months time when their trial results will start to become a talking point. I really like this company but see no reason to buy it now when in 5 months time it is likely to be the same price or less.

Bought more today @ 90. I think downside is limited. May reach 80's if so I'll buy more. Should hit 1.50 after successful trials in a few months. This is an outstanding trading/holding stock. I know MBP's accountant holds several hundred thousand shares. Good enough for me!

Great board! R/B

• 3 weeks later...

Director buying. Always a good sign, even if it is only 10000 shares. This means (usually) that the bottom of the cycle is near/here. I have accumulated a shipload of these (again) over the last few weeks and will offload at 1.50 in a few months time when the next positive results from the trials come in.

Why so confident? Because the product is a winner and I know that one of MBP's accountants has a truckload! This little beauty has netted me more money trading than all my other stocks combined.

• 2 weeks later...

it's a welcome change mrbeatty, to read your work here someone not quoating the miracle cures a stock has up it's sleeve well done. you've nominated 1.50 which is really only it's recent high as far as i can work out. mr bear had this a buy not long ago chatting on ozestock and puzzled joined in confirming. so expect them along soon i guess.

nice rise, maybe somebody in the trial spilt their guts lol..got their weight off.

cheers

i suspect adder is looking in here as well wolverine..how do you find this site so far.

seems to me if you don't mention who your talking to then it's a bit of a maze. and then again i've read of people following a thread...is that a sewing club?

cheers