BKP

ShareCafe

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Max de Vietri pulled off a stunning deal in obtaining a large chunk of tenements covering the Taoudeni Basin. (In my opinion, some of the best acerage in Taoudeni Basin).

The $64 question is;

So how could a small company which Max de Vietri was a part of obtain Production Licenses to potentially world class oil/gas tenements when competing with the likes of International oil giants such as Total, Woodside, Repsol and CNPC with bigger wallets?

The guy is either "well connected" and/or expert deal maker.....

So I would not be surprised to see more things in the pipeline.

Apache

post-16-1121837578.jpg

In reply to: apache123 on Wednesday 20/07/05 03:32pm

Apache,

I think it went like this

Max "I've got a new company, and we'd like to play onshore in Mauritania bringing jobs, development and tax revenues, and I'd like some tenements"

Mauritanian Government "Max, you gave us an oil industry. Our house is yours'

Max "Thanks, we'll have *this*, *this* and *this*"

Mauritanian Government "Max, for you, anything".

And you know what ? The Mauritanian Government was right to do so.

Ian Whitchurch

In reply to: ian_whitchurch on Wednesday 20/07/05 03:20pm

ian i know what the bottom draw means

but right now i like my money earning

and invested in companies drilling or waiting for results

not at all knocking

but the company will not be earning cash flow for several years

which you always seem to mention in regards to many other companies

Found a post on HDR which looks interesting.

Dana Petroleum have identified Faucon and Petrel prospects in Block 1. Both said to be 1 billion barrel prospects.

BKP have the Heron prospect onshore in the region of Block 1.

Dana expects to spud at least one of these propsects in H2 2005.

http://www.dana-petroleum.com/Operations/international.htm

Detailed analysis of 3D seismic data in Block 1, offshore Southern Mauritania, has resulted in the emergence of two exciting prospects, Faucon and Petrel, each with moderate risk and the potential to contain over one billion barrels of oil in place. Recognising the enormous potential of these prospects, Dana elected to increase its interest to 60% in Block 1, by acquiring a further 12% interest from Tullow, ahead of drilling the first of these structures in 2005.

Given the importance and materiality of this first well in Block 1, the Company has decided to maximise its chances of success by carrying out a controlled source electromagnetic imaging (ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Â¹Ãƒƒâ€Â¦ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã¢â‚¬Å“CSEMIÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢) survey over these two main prospects ahead of selecting the first prospect to drill. CSEMI is a rapidly emerging seabed survey technology which aims to predict the presence of hydrocarbon in prospective reservoirs ahead of drilling. Following acquisition the CSEMI data will be integrated with 3D seismic data to select the prospect with the best possible chance of success as the first to be drilled. In order to properly take account of the results of this survey, the Company has rescheduled the drilling of the next Block 1 well into the second half of 2005 and has reached agreement with neighbouring operator, Woodside, to be assigned the ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Â¹Ãƒƒâ€Â¦ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã¢â‚¬Å“Stena TayÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ dynamically positioned drillship on this basis.

post-16-1121926523.jpg

Volume traded so far today over 4M (could test for second highest volume traded to date later today).....

SP tested Upper Bollinger band briefly after touching 22c

Todays, BKP Investor Presentation mentioned potential JV partners looking over Mali tenements....

post-16-1122443318.gif