SDV - SCIDEV LTD

J.Fo

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Towie. Also hate reading about BSM. I did it the wrong way round, sold all Bass to buy INL. Should of sold INL to buy Bass. Oh well that's life. Can't agree with the money wasting tech comment though and still hold a shred of hope that I'll see a return of some sort.

Hi Twty 240,

Well there was nothing new in the Qrtly but I have come out of hibernation. Naturally what I have to say will annoy some posters but that's life.

Re GB Galvansing Pickle Liquor. As said in the Qrtly.

Processed 5,000 litres, another 25,000 in process (or in store) and another 20,000 litres to come (for intial trial of 50,000 litres). Producing iron oxide, zinc, gypsum.

Well be warned I am biased as far as this company is concerned but here goes.

It will be great to get Zeehan and the EAF dust out of the way but that will bring in only Peanuts. Anglo Gold, Brown's Sulphide etc will be great if they eventuate but are too far off to think about.

The spent pickle liquor project GBG is the one to focus upon.

How much and what is it worth?

Truth of the matter is no one knows. My guess is that no one will ever know due to confidential agreements but it will be a great money maker in the future if, and when, the process is proven.

Why is this so and how close is it to being proven?

The case for WHY. The 1000000 litres in Victoria is chicken sheet when it comes to the world production of pickle liquor. Forget China even though Green Resources has agreements and China has a lot of pickle liquor. I just don't like their business ethics. Think of the United States, Japan, Europe and even Brazil and Russia where millions and millions of litres are generated by the galvanising industry every year. Currently the liquor has to be dumped and depending on the country the cost will vary considerably. Victoria currently prohibits the dumping of Category A waste. South Australia charges $566 per tonne. Before any dumping the liquor has to be stabilised at a considerable cost and bulk the volume from one tonne to 2.3 tonnes. Then add transportation costs. Replacement Hydrochloric Acid for the galvanising baths is not cheap either. Dump a 1000 litres and you need to buy a 1000 litres to stay in business. It is all money, money, money.

If the Intec process is proven then there will be no waste and the benefit of the process generating by-products.

Is it proven? Not to Intec's satisfaction as far as Patent lodgement specifics. That Intec has lodged a protective provisional patent is an indication that they are working on refining certain procedures to make the more efficient cost wise. The fact is that they have successfully trialled the process and have achieved much of their stated aim. Read the ASX release of 23rd Dec where it is quoted;

(To date, the trials have successfully produced specified iron oxide, zinc metal,gypsum and regenerated hydrochloric acid products.)

Unfortunately Intec has missed some deadlines and so it is the case with this revolutionary process. Evidently they are determined to get the process not only workable and correct but truly economically efficient before they lodge the Final Patent. Intec has given itself to the end of the current quarter to finalise the spent pickle liquor research and publish its findings.

Cheers.

Hi All,

One may ask,"If you can't value the Company, then why invest in it?" True it can't be valued in the normal sense especially right now. Intec has not got a known and proven mineral deposit in the conventional sense. However there is a great amount of waste liquor around the world waiting to be stripped of its metal "waste" and hydrochloric acid to be returned to the galvanising baths. Galvanising is big business in all developed countries and many developing countries.

How Intec will derive revenue from its Patent I do not know but I am sure that they will have a means. For example, you have water, electricity and gas coming to your home. All are metered and you are charged according to use. How about a meter monitoring how much hydrochloric acid is returned to the galvanising bath and imposing a charge on that? That returned Hydrochloric Acid could be worth a substantial sum of money per 1000 litre returned when the present method of disposal is considered. Who will own the metal products extracted from the liquor is a very interesting question. Will the galvaniser own the zinc metal or will the galvaniser have to buy it back? Who will own the Calcium Sulphate and the Iron Oxide?

I'm sure the Company will give guidance as to who wants their technology but don't expect confidential agreements to be discussed.

I agree that they have an "unproven provisionally patented invention that they've got to prove up as commercial and then get the right contracts" with the best value for invested money. I believe the contracts will come very easily when the process is shown to work with the Victorian GBG liquor on a commercial scale..Yes, "If it works - then bang we're off, otherwise another pipe dream hits the dust" .

Well we should soon know. I am looking forward to the end of the quarter, or earlier, if things can be finalised by then.

Cheers.