SDV - SCIDEV LTD

J.Fo

Does anyone have any theories on how to value INL, assuming the technology proves successful?

At least with the Hellyer's announcement there will be more people watching its progress and hopefully pushing it in the right direction...

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi J.Fo http://www.asxboard.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif

I think the technology is already successful but it is just what opportunities they get to implemant it that will make the difference.

Obviously success with the Hellyers Project will add what this company really needs and what you identified in your posts- Exposure!

Cheers,

ScooBy

IN REPLY TO A POST BY ScooBy, Thu 08/01/04 11:33am   [READ POST]

Hi J.Fo http://www.asxboard.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif

I think the technology is already successful but it is just what opportunities they get to implemant it that will make the difference.

Obviously success with the Hellyers Project will add what this company really needs and what you identified in your posts- Exposure!

Cheers,
ScooBy

Hey Scooby - there were a couple of posts on Ozestock that kind of addressed what I asked about. Common sense really, it's just good to see what other people are thinking. From a selfish perspective (what else is there with stocks?!?), at least the SP is pretty much holding on to the gains of the last few days/ weeks.

http://202.92.112.134/MessageView.asp?Post...5360&Symbol=INL

Cheers

I sold @.145 yesterday but had been holding since .061 I hope to purchase more on the retrace as the future looks very promising and the break of .175 for the next leg up hopefully not too far away. Thanks for the ozestock link was interesting reading and the fundamentals of this company seem very promising. I tend to work off the charts more because no matter how exciting the fundamentals the technicals give me a better understanding of whats happening.

It was an nice ride the other day when it hit .175 on huge volume. I hope there's more breakups like that for us both in the future http://www.asxboard.com/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

ScooBy

Hi ScooBy - apologies for my ignorance - can you explain why the charts are worth looking at in cases such as these? What is the rationale for looking at past performance on something that is so speculative?

I tend to invest on the basis of the opportunity in front of the company in question. That usually involves in a bit of amateur research plus a lot of blind faith - wrt INL I have bought 3 times for an average of 3.9 cents so I'm pretty happy at the moment!

Cheers

J.Fo

Even for a small cap stock such as this the charts still have a lot of validty. I'm still fairly inexperienced myself with technical analysis but even with my basic skills it helps with things like - entry points, exit points, stop-losses, resistance and support.

For instance the chart I have attached for INL made new recent highs of .07 in late September. It then traded lower/sideways for awhile testing resistance at .07 a couple of times but not breaking through it. Early in December however it did break above .07 and closed the day above .07 (.074) The close above resistance is important not just going above it in an intraday situation. This break above was combined with good volume on the day which is a good sign. Good volume adds strength to the break above and helps confirm the validty of the break.

See now that after the break the stock go sideways then slightly downwards to again touch .07 this time from above. When the price shows that it can hold above .07 it becomes a support level. So the resistance once broken becomes support. This is a good entry signal or a good opportunity to accumalate more of the stock. If the price after the break of .07 had drifted back below .07 at close I would have sold. Of course it didn't the breakout held support and a new batch of buyers comes in taking the price shortly afterwards to an intraday high of .095 This becomes the new resistance and the process is repeated.

Amateur research and blind faith will not take you far in the stock market. I know you have had good success with INL but in the future this may not be the case. The stockmarket is bullish (going up) and has been for awhile. INL is connected to the resource sector which is very bullish. A lot of these stocks have gone up and its not so difficult to make money in a bull market. When things go bearish (going down) however, you need a good exit strategy. If INL closed below .11 for instance, its a clear sell signal because its likely you will be able to buy cheaper at a later date. Without these exit strategys (usually formulated with technical analysis but some people use a stop loss of say if the stock falls below 10% of purchase price I will sell which is cruder but better than nothing,) it is easy to see profits slide away http://www.asxboard.com/html/emoticons/sadsmiley02.gif

Remember amongst other things the stock market is a way for the rich to get richer. Unless you are a gifted fundamentalist in the making or just downright lucky it will be hard for you to have long-term, year in year out success.

Regards,

ScooBy

post-16-1073573189.png

IN REPLY TO A POST BY ScooBy, Fri 09/01/04 01:46am   [READ POST]

Even for a small cap stock such as this the charts still have a lot of validty. I'm still fairly inexperienced myself with technical analysis but even with my basic skills it helps with things like - entry points, exit points, stop-losses, resistance and support.

For instance the chart I have attached for INL made new recent highs of .07 in late September. It then traded lower/sideways for awhile testing resistance at .07 a couple of times but not breaking through it. Early in December however it did break above .07 and closed the day above .07 (.074) The close above resistance is important not just going above it in an intraday situation. This break above was combined with good volume on the day which is a good sign. Good volume adds strength to the break above and helps confirm the validty of the break.

See now that after the break the stock go sideways then slightly downwards to again touch .07 this time from above. When the price shows that it can hold above .07 it becomes a support level. So the resistance once broken becomes support. This is a good entry signal or a good opportunity to accumalate more of the stock. If the price after the break of .07 had drifted back below .07 at close I would have sold. Of course it didn't the breakout held support and a new batch of buyers comes in taking the price shortly afterwards to an intraday high of .095 This becomes the new resistance and the process is repeated.

Amateur research and blind faith will not take you far in the stock market. I know you have had good success with INL but in the future this may not be the case. The stockmarket is bullish (going up) and has been for awhile. INL is connected to the resource sector which is very bullish. A lot of these stocks have gone up and its not so difficult to make money in a bull market. When things go bearish (going down) however, you need a good exit strategy. If INL closed below .11 for instance, its a clear sell signal because its likely you will be able to buy cheaper at a later date. Without these exit strategys (usually formulated with technical analysis but some people use a stop loss of say if the stock falls below 10% of purchase price I will sell which is cruder but better than nothing,) it is easy to see profits slide away http://www.asxboard.com/html/emoticons/sadsmiley02.gif

Remember amongst other things the stock market is a way for the rich to get richer. Unless you are a gifted fundamentalist in the making or just downright lucky it will be hard for you to have long-term, year in year out success.

Regards,
ScooBy

thanks for that ScooBy - having read what you say I can see that you are laying out a solid and reasonable framework for investment decisions and obviously everyone needs to establish some sort of framework to enable their chosen risk strategy.

I also agree with your closing point about the long-term viability of my INL approach. Incidentally, I own about 20 stocks which range from the ridiculously risky to the boring old blue-chips and my strategy is to aim for overall steady growth with the possibility of significant upside via stocks such as INL but with a limited downside. For me, this is still something of an experiment and I'm keen to adapt my strategy as I become more experienced.

As a generalisation though, my observation has been that the fortunes of those stocks in the higher risk category of my personal portfolio are dictated by performance against expectations and, in the absence of proven business models and established businesses, these are usually measured via specific announcements. Often I feel like I'm taking part in a big-old popularity contest! Obviously though if the technical analysts like yourself are taking a specific price as a trigger to sell then once the stock hits that price it's going to fall further so I'd be stupid to ignore it wouldn't I?

I will take a look at the incredible charts website and see if I can retro-fit any of my past experiences to what the charts say should have happened!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

IN REPLY TO A POST BY Cris, Mon 19/01/04 10:50pm   [READ POST]

Hi,

New to this forum.

INL may be ready for its next upward leg.

From what I've read on 'gold' of late; I believe some are expecting a gold correction in the near future, and are then expecting it to regain with a vengence (to previously unforseen highs).

This may cause some temporary flow-on instability for gold stocks.

IN REPLY TO A POST BY Cris, Thu 29/01/04 12:37pm   [READ POST]

From what I've read on 'gold' of late; I believe some are expecting a gold correction in the near future, and are then expecting it to regain with a vengence (to previously unforseen highs).

This may cause some temporary flow-on instability for gold stocks.

INL's appeal is far broader than 'gold' which is one small facet.