MST

blackbook

Just starting off a discussion on this company and it's prospects for 2004. I have followed the company for years often trading it for short periods but now see a compelling investment story as well.

They have a large number of projects, most of which will mature during 2004. Any one of these projects could easily support a shareprice of $1+.

Here are a few projects which could lead to large military contracts in 2004:

1) Curtis Wright/Metal Storm teaming to produce a prototype of a close in defence weapon systems to engage and kill fast moving targets e.g. speed boats. Currently ships only have a 0.50 calibre machine gun to engage targets close in tho the boat due to the "shadow" cast by the ship itself. A prototype should have been completed during 2003 and demonstrated shortly. Market potential >$1bn

2) AICW, MST and the australian army are at the end of a 3 year contract to produce 3 working prototypes to replace the aging Styre rifle. The US are also replacing their rifles and I note their conbination weapon (rifle with a grenade launcher) has been scrapped. MST are involved with the grenade launcher which has massive benefits compared to other systems (light weight, easy reload, reliable etc). Market potential in Australia about $700m and in the US many multiples more.

3) Personalised handgun project is moving on. NJIT and Taurus are sure to push this project along during 2004 to produce a civilian handgun. A very impressive team with no other equivalent. Also noted that the research project with NIJ has been completed which could lead to a contract to produce a verion for police forces. The Jamaican govt has already looked into buying this gun for their own forces. Market potential well over $1bn.

4) Landmine replacement. This will mature during 2004 with demontrations in the USA happening early 2004. A replacement is needed and the best part is MST's system is much more lethal than and minefield could ever hope to be. i.e. let a formation enter the kill zone and then instantly saturate the area with air bursting shrapnel, the enemy has zero time to dive for cover.

Other large projects include the perimeter self defence, advanced mortar system, vehicle self defence, CIWS for ships and even others like missile defence (ICBM's) and airship protection. Several US funding SBIR's seem to be delayed which could mean something is happening behind the scenes to accelerate their development. MST is a takeover target but with two large shareholders they are unlikely to sell at any price under $5 (my opinion only).

Any ideas about this stock? Has been a slow stock but with the handgun project moving along nicely 2004 should only be a great year for the stock. A compelling buy in my view.

• Replies 25.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• theadder

• moosey

• cliffhardy

• CJS_fromNSW

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello blackbook,

Good to see discussion of MST here after its problems elsewhere.

I have been a keen watcher of it forever and sometime owner of stock with mixed results. http://www.asxboard.com/html/emoticons/sadsmiley02.gif

The board changes that have occurred are for the better also imho.Prob one or two more may not hurt.I dont currently own it but continue to watch with interest.

HNY to all.

This stock STINKS. Note I said stock, NOT company. It has been headed down for years with some volatile swings up.

I guess stinks is a matter of opinion though - if you were trading those swings you'd be happy as pie. IF you were sitting on it hoping your investment will be good in the end, it has been almost nothing but heartache.

I personally think the technology is very interesting and probably has a future - somewhere. But years and years and years, and where is it now? Worse than ever. Is it ever going to take off? Properly, in a sustained way? Possibly. Looks to have flattened out a bit, and recent volume spikes suggest maybe something is up.

However, to anyone who is not a very competant trader, I say STAY AWAY.

And anyone who is a diehard investor wanting to get in at the bottom and sit on it, STAY AWAY, there were plenty of those at every price over the past few years who are probably still sitting on it at a big loss feeling stupid or convincing themselves it is going to come good.

Oavde, thanks for the reply. Yes the price has been going down for ages and is currently going sideways. The recent NJIT deal put some life back into the stock but without insto investors the stock will remain volatile. The persoanlised handgun will mature throughout 2004 and should as a minimum underpin the current market cap. 2004 should also see whether or not the military will take up the technology in a number of applications. The Australian DOD certainly considers MST a future technology and hopefully they grant MST a contract for the AICW and landmine replacement product during 2004. On any decent deal MST should coast well above $2 which leaves the punter plenty of upside. For the impatient though it's worth staying away.

Patience is a virtue or curse with this Co. I suspect although will start to move up at last in 04. It will not really move untill 05/06 then "Bingo". Not game to sell at these prices so another year in bottom drawer. http://www.asxboard.com/html/emoticons/puke.gif c > b.

Things seem to be moving behind the scenes with this one,When news comes this stock will rocket,they have many irons in the fire and a number of them appear not too far from fruition ,MST technology is a paradigm shift in weaponry and you could liken it to what the Jet engine did to aeroplanes IMHO,there seems to be fairly large volumes in MSTO happening and the use by date on them is September this year so they will have to move soon, somebody knows something

Cheers and Beers /Moosey

Acknowledgement to sweeder on another post but worthy of copy! >

I just wanted to clear something up regarding the non-mention of MST amongst US DoD contracts.

The US does not deal with non-US defence companies in an even handed manner. It is a very difficult process. Therefore MST had only one option, which was to form MST Inc, establish office admin, manufacturing capabilities (ProCam), etc, and list on NASDAQ. Until this was done, MST was dealt with through 'one man' coys (Stratcom, Schappell, etc) or research agencies (DARPA, DSTO).

Right, so now MST is almost ready, and as I understand the situation, there is only one hurdle left to complete.

For example, lets say US DoD deals with MST Inc with confidential work to be performed.

Is MST Inc, allowed to discuss these matters with MST Limited? How is the intellectual material floating around between US DoD, MST Inc and MST Limited maintained and what is allowed to be distributed?

I personally believe, that this sole remaining question, is soon to be answered and will result in a multitude of good times for the company. All of those 'maybe MST is working on' queries will in one moment be made available to the public. It is a unique situation, one that will hopefully provide an amazing few days.

Anyway, just my speculation ... http://www.asxboard.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif

sweeder

Yeah, but we've heard it all before: the endless promises of "massive things are just about ot happen".

I trust in the chart, no doubt if something is imminent then inside traders are going to start picking up stock before it is announced, and that will show on the chart, one way or another.

What you say may well be right, regarding how the U.S treats foreign companies, but I think arms dealers are tough and will treat competition with similar contempt and double dealing. As far as I am concerned, arms dealers are interested in making as much money as possible by developing expensive weapons and pushing politicians to start wars to justify them, maybe I am just being cynical. I do ~not~ think they are in the business of making the most effective weapons, if they can get away with doing what they have always done. One day MST technology will probably be widespread - but it has been YEARS and it STILL hasn't taken off. YEARS. Is it decades yet? Come on if it is so superior why hasn't it taken off? Mine companies want to sell mines, not "area denial" weapons, and so forth.

IN REPLY TO A POST BY Oavde, Fri 09/01/04 12:12am   [READ POST]

Yeah, but we've heard it all before: the endless promises of "massive things are just about ot happen".

I trust in the chart, no doubt if something is imminent then inside traders are going to start picking up stock before it is announced, and that will show on the chart, one way or another.

What you say may well be right, regarding how the U.S treats foreign companies, but I think arms dealers are tough and will treat competition with similar contempt and double dealing. As far as I am concerned, arms dealers are interested in making as much money as possible by developing expensive weapons and pushing politicians to start wars to justify them, maybe I am just being cynical. I do ~not~ think they are in the business of making the most effective weapons, if they can get away with doing what they have always done. One day MST technology will probably be widespread - but it has been YEARS and it STILL hasn't taken off. YEARS. Is it decades yet? Come on if it is so superior why hasn't it taken off? Mine companies want to sell mines, not "area denial" weapons, and so forth.

http://www.asxboard.com/html/emoticons/graduated.gif MST...has a WEBSIDE who ever invests in this stock should spend some time reading it...it makes a lot of sense and what they are posting should hold the slide in fact I feel that this share has a potential and it took time to develop to this stage read it and yes i will buy their shares...now with a base in USA..the company is now set to prosper