The top of this cycle for ASX200, cash is king ?

kahuna1

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would prefer a government that doesn't believe in middle class welfare. Pretty sure I already made that clear.

If you are asking would I rather lose my right testicle or my left testicle then how about I toss a coin. Which one do you prefer?

Asking loaded questions rather than discussing the point at hand is pretty much what politicians do. Do you want to discuss the negative effects long term of middle class welfare including free super? Given my interest in stock markets I want as few distortions in the market as humanly possible. This is what exacerbates boom/bust cycles as we then need to work through the excesses.

Asking loaded questions rather than discussing the point at hand is pretty much what politicians do. Do you want to discuss the negative effects long term of middle class welfare including free super? Given my interest in stock markets I want as few distortions in the market as humanly possible. This is what exacerbates boom/bust cycles as we then need to work through the excesses.

Unfortunately you seek Utopia which doesnt exist, we have to play the cards as dealt. Do I agree with wefare in any form? Yes of course for the genuinely needy, but that all disappeared with Gough. I can remember when everybody had private health cover except those who genuinely could not afford it, taking this as but one example, now look at the financial shambles health is in due to Medicare.

I don't seek Utopia just a system that attempts to encourage self reliance and responsibility.

Unfortunately more than the needy get welfare. We now have the middle classes asking for something from the government. Realistically the middle classes need to take responsibility for feeding, sheltering and educating themselves and their kids with the lowest sustainable tax environment that doesn't create poverty traps due to distortions from losing benefits. The more you work the better off you should be but equally you should be paying your fair share of tax.

As poor as you think Medicare is and I know they waste money. Go to other countries without universal care and you end up grateful for our system. It is far from perfect and I could give my two bobs worth on why it rewards mediocrity and not excellence but this isn't the thread for that.

As poor as you think Medicare is and I know they waste money. Go to other countries without universal care and you end up grateful for our system. It is far from perfect and I could give my two bobs worth on why it rewards mediocrity and not excellence but this isn't the thread for that

Am very well aware of that, writer originated where universal health care started after WW2, Aneurin Bevan started the UK National Health system in 1948.

Personally very happy with my lot in life, Australia is a marvellous country stacked with opportunities for those that can raise thre energy to get off their bums, irrespective of age or education, just a pity we have to elect such misfits and halfwits as the Greens and Labor----better times are coming thats for sure.

Still not too sure that this is the top of the cycle nor that cash is king, reckon all this worldwide money manufacturing simply has to filter through to higher ASX stock prices before Christmas with one caveat: Make sure you buy the right stock in the right sector :graduated:

• 1 month later...

Kahuna's predictions of the economic demise of the US economy seem to be accelerating. I thought the congress reluctance to further fund the deficit was a done deal,however the barb with wich theywill be individually affected(that is individual states) is the sequestering clause which will impact on any defence contracting jobs. This will be the congressmen's constituancy,with huge layoffs.

http://www.stripes.com/news/experts-say-se...n-jobs-1.194581

Kahuna used portray the bloted,trashy,lifestyle of the US,as symbolized by the Twinky;well things will change,the iconic cake,which is claimed to have a used by date 30 years will no longer be with us.http://abcnews.go.com/Business/twinkies-maker-hostess-liquidate-company-strike/story?id=17736898

• 2 months later...
Kahuna's predictions of the economic demise of the US economy seem to be accelerating.

Hi yuppy, K1's call a few months adrift? However is it just possible markets are now overbought at the very least?

Past peaks in 2007/2008 are approaching rapidly fuelled by the endless supply of printed money, can that (endless money printing) go on? Probably YES.

But what the markets do not display is any INFLATION, how can that be with USD85billion being printed monthly, the Japanese Government throwing caution to the winds, and with the ECB yet to enter the printing race.?

Is this the time to join the herd and pump yet more money into stocks, or could it just be the moment to take profits and look for inflation guarding alternatives which are currently getting thrashed?

Two Charts:

post-20731-1360731609_thumb.jpg

post-20731-1360731631_thumb.jpg

But what the markets do not display is any INFLATION, how can that be with USD85billion being printed monthly,

==============

hi flower, i like to answer this simple question.

the Fed still not print enough to counter the bigest private deleverage since world warII, that is why Fed need other central banks to joint them.

think of most of people use to leverage up $100 for just one dollar, and now they are not only earn 80cents and also only spend only 50cents and safe 30cents.

that is how much money short for a stable economy, another words---we are face deflation threat, not inflation currently!

what Fed doing now is to sacrifice future growth to provent economy going into depression!