SLX - SILEX SYSTEMS LIMITED

moosey

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I found this on another site, It is stretching a long bow though IMHO , lets hope there is some truth to it, the post was by loric.

A possible explanation, and one I found courtesy of a participant on another forum, was a sentence from a SMH article couple of days ago which said:

"In May, Intel cancelled the next-generation Pentium 4 so that it could focus on more promising technology."

The timing fits quite nicely with SLX's translucent research.

Cheers Moosey

Howdy,

I have loved and followed this company for many years.

Not too many months ago the company was with no friends trading at 80 cents and below.

Management and research team are top notch. One look at their accounts confirms a tightly run ship. The science team are very very smart.

It was somewhat surprising even when the dispute was settled with the USEC the market did not react. It eventually did but the rally from 77 cents petered out and it settled back down below 80 cents yet again.

This company as well as having an incredibly strong balance sheet with loads of cash now had some very very commercially valuable discoveries. In fact the silicon laser technology appear what will be running the next generation of computers. Market ignored all this. Chip makers however I am sure are aware of the potential value of this technology and I would suggest have been looking at the company. SLX has around 35 million in cash and operates on a very low cash burn rate. As for the uraniam enrichement technology that also is cutting edge. I don't expect this company to become cashflow positive for a few years as very strong research and development still going on. Also noter the ownership of 73% of Silicon valley Translucent seems to be driving the price up at present. Tranlucent is hoping to have a commercial product by mid 2005.

Current market cap is around 175 million but if this was to become the next standard for computer chips in computers the value of the company would be huge.

Current run up and excitement has me a bit stumped as with most other followers. I was expecting some announcement regarding something substantial since the comapny has managed to put on nearly 80% over the last few months but not a word. This seems to be the style of the company looking back at the lack of announcement over the last few years when you compare them to other tech companies.

Very hard to buy up here with the 80% run up in just one month however if they actually have the goods and a new standar in computer chips from their silicon research I wouldn't like to have a stab at where the value of this company could end up. A takeover offer should they be succesful will be huge.

All the best

Hi Moosey,

Although Intel cancelled the next gen Tejas Pentium 4 in May, they did this because they had multiple streams of R&D and wanted to better align their R&D into a unified model. The single core "Tejas" CPU that was dumped has now reappeared as a dual core "Smithfield" CPU, slated for release in Mid 2005.

What's more interesting is these CPUs are shown to be released as both Desktop and Server CPUs. Intel's competitors are only talking dual core server-based CPUs, so that means widespread use.

One of the big issues when you come down to adding this much processing power is how do you get enough data into the CPU to be processed? Perhaps this is where the silicon photonics technology is heading. It looks like it has the bandwidth to do it without the usual limitations.

Spectrader.

For those interested in a little background to SilexÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâ€Â ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢ÃƒÆ’ƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’Æâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã‚¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬Ãƒâ€Â¦ÃƒÆ’‚¡ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’Æâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã‚¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬Ãƒâ€Â¦ÃƒÆ’‚¾ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s potential in silicon photonics, here is a link to IntelÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâ€Â ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢ÃƒÆ’ƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’Æâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã‚¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬Ãƒâ€Â¦ÃƒÆ’‚¡ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’Æâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã‚¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬Ãƒâ€Â¦ÃƒÆ’‚¾ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s site, which outlines their recent breakthrough in the same field.

http://www.intel.com/labs/sp/

It strikes me that if the Silex/Translucent technology and the Intel technology both stand up, and no-one else comes along to spoil the party, then these synergistic technologies will eventually find their way onto the same chip.

At present, IntelÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâ€Â ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢ÃƒÆ’ƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’Æâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã‚¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬Ãƒâ€Â¦ÃƒÆ’‚¡ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’Æâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã‚¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬Ãƒâ€Â¦ÃƒÆ’‚¾ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s optical modulator is fed by an external light source. If it can be coupled to Silex/TranslucentÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâ€Â ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢ÃƒÆ’ƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’Æâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã‚¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬Ãƒâ€Â¦ÃƒÆ’‚¡ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’Æâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã‚¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬Ãƒâ€Â¦ÃƒÆ’‚¾ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s (claimed) silicon laser, you appear to have almost everything required for a revolution in the semi-conductor industry.

Are Intel and Silex talking to each other?

(I hold Silex and Intel)

what is there to say with the TA, i was planning to write a whole bunch and crunch out some figurers... but why...there is no need...

look at this art work.. its maginificent =) true beauty speaks for itself.

unless you're blind, you'll know what im talking about.

smooooooth operator...

post-16-1091677301.jpg

Howdy,

long time follower of this stock. Sold out when there was no announcement about anything after a very sharp rise of 50% to $1.22.

Yesterday became convinced someone was buying and building a position after watching the price action.

I re established my long and incresed my initial position to double its size I had from below 80 cents. For me to chase a stock is unusual, and to double the size if it has already risen is even more so for me. Reports out of the company seem very bullish and suspect either a large partner or even larger chip maker is building a substantial position hence taking the risk.

May end up with egg on my face but already booking a 40 cent profit on half the real break even after buying up to $1.40 is around the $1.20 level so shall cut it if we head too far below $1.20 and just write off the profit already booked. In fact I have written off the profit so as not to worry about opportunity cost.

If as I suspect someone large is quietly trying to build a big position and they are either a chip maker or one of their large partners it could see a massive rise when announced.

I don't know anything more than what the company has released but the buying is substantial and unrelenting on every dip.

Good luck

Hi,

How little a day or two makes.

Big sellers just keep coming back and hence have reduced my position.

Friday saw the same guy keep coming back at $1.45 and I suppose a small profit is a profit.

Overall market looking sick and US looks even worse. May just be a one day wonder but have flicked my position for a small gain and wait to see what the next few days brings.

Buyers are still around but not rushing in. lack of any announcement this morning also promted my selling.

Good luck