• 3 months later...
  • Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...

I thought the beauty of solar was that there was no (little) on going cost?

:huh:

Dr_Dazmo

http://www.sunraysiadaily.com.au/story/282...ar-plant/\

SOLAR SystemsÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ new-technology solar power plant at Carwarp is in ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Â¦ÃƒƒÂ¢Ãƒ¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…âہ“care and maintenanceÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚ mode and no longer producing power from the sun.

• 1 year later...
GE-Hitachi Nuclear Energy looking to exit SILEX Technology Licensee GLE, due to changes in business priorities and difficult market conditions

Kapow!

GE-Hitachi Global Laser Enrichment LLC (GLE) is the exclusive Licensee for SILEX laser uranium enrichment technology. GE and Hitachi hold 51% and 25% stakes in GLE respectively.

• 3 months later...

It,s been a long time since I posted here, this is something that I posted on Hotcopper, maybe some of you are interested as someone from here was asking me?

There is more to this but I won't be posting it here, but if I know you I will share it, so long as it isn't revealed here or anywhere else!

Paducah and Wilmington are both going ahead NEXT YEAR, Q2 of 2017 is when the estimated start is occurring. Paducah is an integral part of the Wilmington plant, it is required to provide top up fuel in the form of UF6 to enable recycling of UNF.

Paducah is a dual purpose plant also just like I predicted, they are going to build a purpose built storage area for the recovered U238, something that Michael Goldsworthy said is valuable in his address to the SA royal commission, it will be used as part of the fuel for next generation IV reactors, I have always said the plant had to be serving more than one purpose and it is, I also said that they would not be selling the Uranium on market and it looks to me as if they are not, they will lease it to GLE for recycling, I won't post the second link about PPaducah, it may possibly be harmful to Silex, for non disclosure reasons?

Early this year I found the link below , I was excited about that, but I decided to look further.

I first of all found this link -: http://www.construction-ic.com/HomePage/Pr...rview%2F151013#

GLE ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã‚¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬Ãƒâ€Â¦ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã¢â‚¬Å“ Laser Uranium Enrichment Plant ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã‚¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬Ãƒâ€Â¦ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã¢â‚¬Å“ North Carolina

Project Overview

Project Stage: Planning Profile Status: Live

Project Type: Parent Project Announcement Quarter: Q1 2009

Project Value: USD 1000 million Construction Start Quarter: Q3 2016(Estimated)

Project City: Wilmington Project End Quarter: Q4 2020

Construction Type: New Project Country: United States

Location Type: OnShore Last Update: 9 Dec 2015

Funding Mode: Private

Project Description

Global Laser Enrichment (GLE), a joint venture between General Electric Co., Hitachi Ltd and Cameco is planning to construct the Laser Uranium Enrichment Plant project in North Carolina, the US.

The project involves construction of a laser uranium enrichment facility.

The project includes the construction of production units, storage tanks and other related facilities and the installation of machinery and safety systems.

Silex Systems Ltd (Silex) has been appointed to provide laser technology for the project.

In June 2009, GE-Hitachi (GEH) submitted the last part of its license application for the GLE plant.

In third quarter of 2009, GLE began a 'test loop' for the commercial use of the laser enrichment process.

In April 2010, GLE announced successful completion of the first phase of the test loop program, designs for the commercial facility were evolved and economic feasibility was verified.

In February 2012, Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) published a favorable environmental review of the project.

The US Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) has issued a license for development of the project in September 2012.

In May 2013, further tests are being conducted to accumulate performance, operating reliability and life-time data on the technology.

Planning activities are underway.

Stakeholder Information:

Planning Authority: US Nuclear Regulatory Commission

Consultant Contract (Technology): Silex Systems Limited

You will note that if you open the above link now the info has been updated, it is for a 1MWSU pilot plant in my opinion. to test recycling of UNF.

Finding this link above made me think! hey I wonder if they also had something on Paducah?

So I tried a few tags from the Wilmington one but changed the name to Paducah !

Maybe you can find it yourself if you look hard enough?

For those that don't believe GLE are preparing a pilot plant for UNF recycling? just read this link it has lots of useful info in it, some of which I have posted here.

The Russians are in the UNF recycling race already, I posted a link about that previously, and guess what? they will alos be adding U235 into the recycled UNF to bring it back up to specs as LEU and the Russians are also going to lease the Uranium in the recycled UNF.

http://www.nrc.gov/materials/reprocessing.html#repro

Background

In 2007, the Commission directed the staff to complete an analysis of Title 10 of the Code of Federal Regulations (10 CFR) to identify regulatory gaps for licensing an advanced reprocessing facility and recycling reactor.

In mid-2008, two nuclear industry companies informed the agency of their intent to seek a license for a reprocessing facility in the U.S. An additional company expressed its support for updating the regulatory framework for reprocessing, but stopped short of stating its intent to seek a license for such a facility. At the time, the staff also noted that progress on some Global Nuclear Energy Partnership (GNEP) initiatives had waned and it appeared appropriate to shift the focus of the staff's efforts from specific GNEP-facility regulations to a more broadly applicable framework for commercial reprocessing facilities.

I have documents that show that the two companies that approached the NRC were AREVA and GLE.

Hi Moosey,

Thanks for the information.

I'm interested in your thoughts as to why, given this progress, GE-Hitachi flagged in April their intention to exit GLE?

It seems unlikely that they would have been unaware of these developments given their connections in the area.

Thanks

Dr_Dazmo

If you look at the company structure, I believe that GEH were always going to leave at some point? but I very much doubt that GE will be parting with it's 51% controlling interest in GLE and then allow another company to build the Wilming plant on THEIR land, it won't happen in my opinion, I think what may be happening is that Hitachi may be parting with teir 25% because I believe they now have other fish to fry.<br /><br />If wilmington is going ahead then so is Paducah, because part of what they get there (the u235 in the form of UF6 and also the U238 as a future fuel for fast breeder reactors) is a necessary component of the re enrichment of RepU from the Used Nuclear Fuel, all of this is associated with PRISM and the Advanced Recycling Center, the ARC separates out three bundles, one is the Plutonium and some actinides mixed in, the second is what they call the Candu bundle, because it can be used directly in a Candu reactor but only once more, or they can re enrich it back to LEU grade and re use it back in a light boiling water reactor and they can do this many times over, besides nthe US doesn't have any Candu reactors.<br /><br />I will post more on this later.

Regarding the ownership structure of GLE, I am of the opinion that it may be Hitachi pulling out? which in effect would still leave GE or GENE in particular with the 51% holding still in place?

I could see a company like Converdyn who would have some great synergies with GLE/GNF-A being a company that would be interested? they are a company that would also have a great deal to lose if recycling gets up and they were not part of this? they would also have deep pockets, they are owned by General Atomics and Honeywell, as an aside they also make the drone Predator for the US military.

I really can't see GE who also hold the license to the Silex process pulling out and then letting some other company build a laser enrichment plant on their land (which as you can see is still happening), it would not add up in my book, I can see Hitachi selling their part, they will need funds shortly to start building the first PRISM reactor in the US, I will show some links on that later'

Can anyone here see that if you took out only Hitachi, you would have effectively taken out GEH and the GE component would then come under GENE possibly?

I reckon in the end we may get to see four companies owning GLE GE/GNE 51% Cameco 25% Converdyn say 21% and Silex say 4% or somthing along those lines maybe?

I believe there may also be a reason why Silex get to own a certain percentage for a very small outlay?

It was done for a reason and I think I know what the reason was, it relates to the sudden increase of SP in SLX, we then had the GEH announcement, I believe it had the desired effect!

Have a look at page 62 where it shows the ownership structure of GLE

http://www.nrc.gov/docs/ML1122/ML11229A173.pdf

post-698-1470206449_thumb.png