SLX - SILEX SYSTEMS LIMITED

moosey

http://www.ShareScene.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif well well looks like signs of life!! will take them out of the bottom drawer soon and let them see the light of day. I have been in /out a few times but I have faith. (until i at least break even) LOL

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Keep the faith. I beleive that this stock has more long term upside than even hdr would have with another positive drill result. I would not be without either.

Watch for big re rating of the SP once this great news gets more widely known and the implications sink in over the next few days. http://www.ShareScene.com/html/emoticons/wub.gif

very very attractive announcement today.the Translucent mou with a "big name "translating into commercaility in 'few months' probably the next driver in short term.great time now to buy for long term as slx is making rapid progress on 3 enourmous world beating fronts- huge s.p. re-rating potential imho

how often do posters say stuff like "...wait until the market understands this stock then it will take off...." stupid comment. As if the implications aren't already known, in fact it's known before punters on boards like this even get the news. SLX will take off when (if), its technology is proved sufficient for commercioal success, and there are no competitors lurking around the corner to steal its thunder.

condor,

how naive for one to believe that each announcement is acted on immediately and correctly by the market. Ask any seasoned trader about the time delay for some stocks to run up or down on an announcement.you must be a novice to have no awareness of it.

happy trading

hi condor--------silex is demonstrating the time delay factor .

on the 5/07 when the ann . came out the s.p finished at 0.82 for the day

today 8/07 the s.p finished at 0.91--the high for the day

happy trades

I am a beliver in SLX and hold a considerable stake. I believe the announcement, although generally good, only had information which any close follower would have reasonably expected. The negative for me was the stepping down of Larry Marshall and, to a lesser extent, the time blowout in the U schedule. In terms of this announcement moving the price, well it has seen higher prices recently in the absence of any information, so until we see a break above recent highs I would reluctant to attribute the move solely to the market understanding the announcement. It has not shown a great ability in the past. After all, the market had it over $4 a few years back when the technology was a lot more iffy than it is now. So much for the 'efficient market' theory....

Cheers!

hi sinner,

(if my team -lions- doesn't win, love to see the saints do it this year)

i agree the $4.00 plus in the dot com days wasn't rational, but what was.?

of course nothing is foolproof, but i have done very well over the years watching some stocks for the delay factor.the giveaway with slx was the committed buyer at 0.84 on wednesday, immediately filling the 84 slot at every opportunity.i am not interested in small or large stocks with this approach, and it is a trading tool nothing else, though i hold an amount also that is in the bottom drawer.

happy trades

Hi Sinner

In general u are right about close followers predicting this announcment. The market however is much more than just close followers. The announcmnet of the worlds first pilot plant would be sending uniformed players into research mode to find out just what is going on here and to rate the significance of it. That is why Condor's comments was so far out of line because it will take a while for people to become informed and understand what we already think we know. To close followers such as myself the announcment still had some positives. Pilot plant bought in under buget and ahead of time is significant because if they had been having any problems commissioning the plant no announcment would have been made and we would then start becoming sceptical as to the technology. I think that this is very positive for the technology. Once some of the news hounds pick up on the story and start publishing its whooooooosh. My S.P prediction is $1.5 end of august and as soon as Intell or AMD are announced as the party in the Translucent confidential arrangments it will head back to the $3 mark in short order.