PYC - PYC THERAPEUTICS LIMITED

ShareCafe

Announcement:

PHYLOGICA TO ACQUIRE 100% OF DYNAMIC MICROBIALS LIMITED

Key Messages:

ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ Phylogica acquires remaining shares in subsidiary Dynamic Microbials Limited

ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ Scrip-based transaction issuing 0.9 PYC shares for every 1.0 Dynamic share

ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ Phylogica takes control of promising anti-microbial peptide program

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In reply to: Enumerate on Monday 24/11/08 01:12pm

Word is starting to spread...

--------------------------------

Phylogica to acquire Dynamic Microbials

12:39, Monday, 24 November 2008

Sydney - Monday - November 24: (RWE Aust Business News) -

Phylogica (ASX:PYC) has reached agreement to acquire all of the

outstanding shares in Dynamic Microbials, a private, Perth-based

biotechnology company that had licensed certain anti-microbial rights to

the Phylomer technology from Phylogica.

Phylogica currently has a 37OC stake in Dynamic as a result of

its original agreement to license certain anti-microbial rights to the

company.

In an all-scrip offer, Phylogica has offered 0.9 Phylogica shares

for each Dynamic share.

Dynamic have been screening for peptides able to kill certain

superbugs - micro-organisms that have developed multi-drug resistance.

In particular, the company has generated exciting antimicrobial

data against 50 different clinical samples of Acinetobacter baumannii.

This bacteria is a major cause of hospital-acquired infections

globally.

ENDS

Copyright ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒÂ¢Ãƒ¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚© 2008 RWE Australian Business News. All rights reserved.

In reply to: gamekeeper on Tuesday 25/11/08 05:54pm

Must say that I cant sense any sniff of a sale/deal as inferred by Plastic............but I'm probably not looking for one yet. 

GK, if you look at the annual report, somewhere in there you will see a timeline of sorts with deals struck on it.

There is no Novartis.

But it is Novartis who made a very big deal with MorphoSys in the antibody field. This is now their chosen field of expertise.

It goes that if anyone would want to express an interest in PYC and their beyond antibodies approach to health matters it would be someone like Novartis.

However, it may not be a 100% takeover. The structure may quite similar to the Morphosys deal which provides a lot of latitude and autonomy to the partner.

In reply to: plastic on Tuesday 25/11/08 02:00pm

Plastic,

Your reasoning and logic is very sound.............however, when commercial parameters are applied the difficulties arise.

If Novartis had a genuine interest, it would not have been difficult to acquire a substantial position at very depressed prices in recent times. I'm not aware of any party making any significant impact on the register for "yonks". The timing could not be better for a serious player to act.

If a bid was forthcoming, what would it be priced at? It would need to be mutiples of current SP to attract any serious takers.

So you're left with the potential for the company to make a substantial placement of a significant quantum of stock to get the party started.........but again, at what price?

If the company was seeking funds in these depressed conditions at anything near the current SP, I'd like to think the existing register would be offered the initial opportunity.

Perhaps I'm not reading it right..........I've got most things wrong recently

I am expecting some good news to be released at the AGM.

The past year has been remarkable in terms of the range of pre-clinical interest in phylomers and in the apparent number of parties involved in screening programmes.

It is time for our "secret" pharma partner to reveal themselves (with a nice license/royalty/development deal).

http://www.nexigen.de/_page5_1.html

QUOTE (Nexigen)

Nexigen has successfully proved functionality of the new technology in pilot projects with customers from the pharmaceutical industry:

ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒÂ¢Ãƒ¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚  ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒÂ¢Ãƒ¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚  * Bayer Schering Pharma
ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒÂ¢Ãƒ¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚  ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒÂ¢Ãƒ¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚  * Ligand Pharmaceuticals
ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒÂ¢Ãƒ¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚  ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒÂ¢Ãƒ¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚  * undisclosed top 20 pharmaceutical company
ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒÂ¢Ãƒ¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚  ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒÂ¢Ãƒ¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚  * Phylogica Ltd.

My pick is that Nexigen's "top 20 pharma" partner is our "top 20 pharma" partner.

Who are the top 20?

1 Johnson and Johnson U.S.

2 Pfizer U.S.

3 Bayer Germany

4 GlaxoSmithKline United Kingdom

5 Novartis Switzerland

6 Sanofi-Aventis France

7 HoffmannÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã‚¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬Ãƒâ€Â¦ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã¢â‚¬Å“La Roche Switzerland

8 AstraZeneca UK/Sweden

9 Merck & Co. U.S.

10 Abbott Laboratories U.S.

11 Wyeth U.S.

12 Bristol-Myers Squibb U.S.

13 Eli Lilly and Co. U.S.

14 Amgen U.S.

15 Boehringer Ingelheim Germany

16 Schering-Plough U.S.

17 Baxter International U.S.

18 Takeda Pharmaceutical Co. Japan

19 Genentech U.S.

20 Procter & Gamble U.S.

In reply to: gamekeeper on Tuesday 25/11/08 08:10pm

That is why a couple of VC's are running the show. I would expect the deal to include a PIPE. This would set the price for the rest of the company and shake the market awake to what value lies in biotech.

The market is not an appropriate valuer in biotech because of the scientific illiteracy of the average investor, broker, fund manager and anyone else.

The natural partner for biotech is pharma not market and pharma is not interested in PYC by itself. They are interested in the whole sector and when the whole sector is in a lock down with VC's leading the way, it would be poor business for a pharma to use the avenues available on a open market to obtain a position. Much better to talk to the principals, listen to what they want and negotiate from there.

The uninformed, illiterate and currently broken market will take care of the pricing until such time as negotiations are finished, a price is set and then the donkies can be told.

But I think PYC and a lot of others, need better infrastructure if it is to develop on its own. So where that will come from who knows. Maybe it is how the cash infusion will be spent.