PYC - PYC THERAPEUTICS LIMITED

ShareCafe

In reply to: Enumerate on Wednesday 11/06/08 01:13pm

Enumerate: Thank you for your post. "Everything seems just fine and dandy" sits well with me for sure. I have a small position in this stock, but hope that it will prove to be a good investment over time. Patience required, obviously.

wasa

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In reply to: wasabibarako on Wednesday 11/06/08 04:42pm

Wasa, the company has been very clear in it's business model - to transact some of the early drug development programmes once the development is in or near Phase 1. It is clear that have at least two very good candidates (the burns and the neurological compounds).

Once the money flows, more options open up.

They can transact clinical programmes later in the clinical development process, for more development/license/royalty income. They can take on some developments under their own resourcing.

I am very impressed with the science behind the Phylomer platform technology. Hopefully existing shareholders will be the ones getting the full benefit of this very creative approach to drug development.

(As you can tell, I am not a fan of "transact the company". I think full value will be obtained by maintaining and developing the core IP and spinning out various deals at various stages - as they seem to be doing. Partnership with big pharma gives us many advantages, being far away from the US biotech capital markets. Others can make a nice margin from our technology - as long as we share in the development/license/royalty revenues).

Interesting shareholder update for June ...

It is clear that they are preparing to transact the company:

- focus of development on:

QUOTE (Phylogica Update)

.. achieving a core set of internal programmes that collectively have the potential to significantly lift the intrinsic value of the company. This meant that any ongoing expenditure linked to clinical programmes ceased at that time providing the company with sufficient financial resources for at least the next 12 months.

- It is clear that inflammation is the target:

QUOTE (Phylogica Update)

It is our strong belief that once we have successfully executed at least one partnership with a well known group that the company will experience a significant re-rating in its market value.
Our internal programme is currently focused largely on finding potential drugs that block the interaction between two proteins in the body known as CD40/CD40L. By blocking this inflammation switch we have the potential to control how strongly the immune system reacts and potentially provide new classes of drugs targeting crippling diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, irritable bowel disease and lupus.

CD40 is expressed on B cells, and gp39 (CD40L), expressed on activated T cells. The interaction is the essence of the humoral immunity system. This system is typically mediated by antibodies secreted by the B cells.

We can, apparently, control this activity with Phylomers.

Hence, it can be said that Phylomers are before and beyond antibodies ... Boom, boom!

This development is VERY important. It means that the RA programme - that was the least mature of our clinical developments - has been massively accelerated.

http://phylogica.com/webbox/media/DDP.jpg

Clearly, the goal is the prove the wide aspects of the Phylomer framework. This is likely to be the basis for transacting the company.

This is very big news.

As an extra development - the Dynamic Microbials research against Acinetobacter sounds very promising! Could be very well aligned with the burns/wound healing compounds.

Too much good news all at once ... I need a lie down and a glass of whiskey!!

Paul Watt, Vice President of Drug Discovery at Phylogica to Present at GTCbioÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s 2nd Protein Therapeutics Discovery & Development Conference on September 8-9, 2008 in San Diego, CA

GTCbio

Posted on:11 Jun 08

http://www.pharmiweb.com/pressreleases/pre...asp?ROW_ID=3969

The update probably fingers Johnson & Johnson as the partner to "buy the company".

Johnson & Johnson have an antibody based drug - Remicade - to target TNF (Tumour necrosis factor) for the treatment of RA. The other target is the CD40 ligand.

J&J would have RA covered if they had compounds for both drugable disease targets - one antibody, the other beyond antibody.

However, consider the following intriguing possibility:

The following release was made by Opsona on the 15th of May.

QUOTE (Opsona)

15 May 2008

PRESS RELEASE

Opsona Therapeutics Ltd Receives Milestone Payments Under Wyeth Collaboration

Opsona Therapeutics (Dublin, Ireland) has today announced receipt of its first research milestone payments under its agreement from Wyeth Pharmaceuticals, a division of Wyeth (NYSE:WYE).

The collaboration is focused around the role of Toll-Like receptors (TLRs) in inflammation and has been progressing to plan since its inception in January 2006. The companies are working together to identify new compounds for chronic inflammatory diseases, with significant progress being made on the key projects and targets.

Professor Luke O'neill, a founder of Opsona, explains that "Working together with Wyeth, we have identified key tools to aid in a structured drug discovery platform, which has provided an opportunity for Opsona to accelerate its potential field.

The TLR work is in inflammation. It is an example of innate immune system which is different from the adaptive immune system (classical molecules of the adaptive immune system are antibodies and T cell receptors) or humoral immunity.

The TLR work is partnering with Opsona. However, the internal RA work is Phylogica's.

Opsona are global experts in immunology - if Phylogica had the TLR relationship and then discovered some interesting humoral immune compounds - who better to present the first option to, than Opsona?

As speculation ... I wonder if Wyeth is the secret pharma partner, via Opsona? I wonder if Opsona and Phylogica have some kind of J&J deal?

Maybe we will get into a bidding war over who will control the important Phylomer drug discoveries.

from the USPTO today seems like another published application

http://appft1.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser...612+AND+ICN/au)

United States Patent Application 20080139401

Kind Code A1

Watt; Paul M. ; et al.

June 12, 2008

Isolating biological modulators from biodiverse gene fragment libraries

Abstract

The present invention provides a method for identifying a modulator or mediator of a biological activity, which activity includes antigenicity and or immunogenicity, said method comprising the step of: (i) producing a gene fragment expression library derived from defined nucleotide sequence fragments; and (ii) assaying the expression library for at least an amino acid sequence derived from step (i) for a biological activity wherein that activity is different from any activity the amino acid sequence may have in its native environment.

Inventors: Watt; Paul M.; (Mt. Claremont, AU) ; Thomas; Wayne R.; (Nedlands, AU)

In reply to: gamekeeper on Thursday 12/06/08 08:43pm

here it is at the EPO shows it belongs to PHYLOGICA LTD

Isolating biological modulators from biodiverse gene fragment libraries

Publication number: EP1696038 (A2)

Publication date: 2006-08-30

Inventor(s): WATT PAUL MICHAEL [AU]; THOMAS WAYNE ROBERT [AU];

Applicant(s): PHYLOGICA LTD [AU];

Classification:

- international: C12N15/10; C12N15/11; C12Q1/04; G01N33/68; C12N15/10; C12N15/11; C12Q1/04; G01N33/68;

- European:

Application number: EP20060003767 20000505

Priority number(s): EP20000922330 20000505; US19990132711P 19990505

View document in the European Register

Also published as:

EP1696038 (A3)

EP1696037 (A2)

Abstract of EP1696038 (A2)

The present invention provides a gene fragment expression library comprising a plurality of different nucleotide sequences derived from biodiverse organisms and a method for identifying a modulator or mediator of a biological activity, which activity includes antigenicity and/or immunogenicity, said method comprising the steps of: (i) producing a gene fragment expression library derived from defined nucleotide sequence fragments; and (ii) assaying the expression library for at least an amino acid sequence derived from step (i) for a biological activity wherein that act

In reply to: gamekeeper on Thursday 12/06/08 08:43pm

gamekeeper I have ventured further to find out it is

a continuation of patent number US6,994,982

which shows very clearly it belongs to Phylogica Limited

Child Continuity Data of patent US6,994,982 shown below:

10/372,003 filed on 02-21-2003 which is Patented claims the benefit of 09/568,229

10/546,333 filed on 04-10-2006 which is Pending claims the benefit of 09/568,229

11/198,436 filed on 08-04-2005 which is Abandoned claims the benefit of 09/568,229

11/809,897 filed on - which is Pending claims the benefit of 09/568,229

11/890,714 filed on 08-06-2007 which is Pending claims the benefit of 09/568,229

http://patft1.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser...2&RS=PN/6994982