Top Posters In This Topic

• forrestgump

• rog

• dr_dazmo

• skorpian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi all

Miami University (Ohio) has now joined the list of institutions doing QFT testing on international students from high TB risk countries.

"All international students from high-risk countries, as determined from Center for Disease Control data, must provide evidence of freedom from tuberculosis. A Quantiferon blood test to check for Tuberculosis will be done at the Student Health Service."

http://www.units.muohio.edu/gradschool/Gra...entHandbook.pdf (page-7)

regards

doc-gt

"At first, Year Five pupils were screened using the Mantoux test, a reaction to which shows the person has come into contact with TB.

Then after three youngsters were found to have an active infection the sweep was widened to include all staff and students at Cambell Junior.

The HPA immediately started with blood tests instead of the usual Mantoux test in order to help speed the screening process."

http://www.bdpost.co.uk/content/barkingand...3A14%3A52%3A390

Bing

CST has always said they have good patent protection. The legal case was a few years ago and was part of the jostling with Oxford Immunotech. The case is over and was non consequential in the whole scheme of things and just part of two companies marketing a product that is in competition.

Realistically if there was a significant patent issue and I do not believe technically at this late stage there could be, we would know about it through an ASX disclosure.

Perhaps you should change brokers ?

Actually I think the consequences for T Spot Tb were significant; whilst they claimed its core patent, number 0941478, has been upheld by the European Patent Office the reality is that core patent 0941478 is one held by Lalvani

LINK

So, T - Spot don't have any worthwhile patent protection

When Sanofi wanted to use Elispot/T-Spot Oxford had to "bend with the wind"

Oxford Immunotec Ltd., the T cell measurement company, today announces that:

• it has licenced its technology to sanofi pasteur, the vaccines business of the sanofi-aventis Group, which offers the broadest range of human vaccines.
  • it has settled its patent disputes with sanofi pasteur.

"We are delighted that the uncertainty caused by sanofi pasteur's opposition to our granted patent has now been fully resolved"

LINK

As they say, the rest is history

LINK

BTW T Spot have now deleted all mention of "intellectual property" from their website and are relying on their trademark

Hi all

I've been pondering on the reluctance of Australian TB authorities to embrace the QFT test, and also to some extent the Canadian authorities.

I wonder if it is because of the SENSITIVITY of the test.

In a simple world you would embrace a test that indicated 100% accurately that you DID have the disease tested for.

Personally, I'd rather have the test say 100% accurately that I DIDN'T have the disease, that is 100% SPECIFICITY.

Unfortunately, our test isn't 100% accurate. You would think that 98% - 99% Specificity would be a fairly acceptable measure by most standards. And that accuracy seems to have been readily accepted by many countries as a huge step forward and worth embracing.

As I can't really come up with a clinical reason for an authority being reluctant to use the QFT tests, I can only surmise that they baulk at the price, the perceived increased per test cost, compared with the relatively cheap TST. However, they don't want to SEEM to be CHEAPSKATES, so they question the accuracy of the more expensive test , which they can do because it isn't 100% accurate ...... DAMN !!!

I don't know how CST will overcome this reluctance, or if they will worry about it very much.

Looking forward to the half-yearly results.

Cheers

J

From Rog's latest ....... re QFT-Gold and QFT-IT

The results showed that regardless of the health care worker's prior vaccination status, both IGRAs were more effective and less costly than the tuberculin skin test. Moreover, among both vaccinated and unvaccinated subjects, the diagnostic strategy using the tuberculin skin test remained more costly and less effective than either QFT strategy across a wide range of values for each model variable, including the prevalence of latent tuberculosis infection and the probability of developing active tuberculosis.

Varying the characteristics of the three testing strategies also did not significantly change the results, "confirming that the tuberculin skin test is more costly and less effective than either QFT strategy," the authors of the study concluded.

TST - MORE COSTLY AND LESS EFFECTIVE

But some just don't get it, do they !!??

Cheers

J

Forest has been moonlighting with commentary on the GFC

"Mortgage Backed Securities are like boxes of chocolates. Criminals on

Wall Street stole a few chocolates from the boxes and replaced them

with turds. Their criminal buddies at Standard & Poor rated these boxes

AAA Investment Grade chocolates. These boxes were then sold all over

the world to investors. Eventually somebody bites into a turd and

discovers the crime. Suddenly worldwide nobody trusts American chocolates anymore.

Hank Paulson now wants the American taxpayers to buy up and hold all

these boxes of turd-infested chocolates for $700 billion dollars until

the market for turds returns to normal. Meanwhile, Hank's buddies, the

Wall Street criminals who stole all the good chocolates are not being

investigated, arrested, or indicted.

Mama always said: 'Sniff the chocolates first, Forrest'."

CST shares are real chocolates!