Top Posters In This Topic

• forrestgump

• rog

• dr_dazmo

• skorpian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In reply to: forrestgump on Saturday 27/09/08 07:46am

rog has given an excellent rundown on this patent on his blog, good detective work as usual.

Raises the question as to whether this is generation 4 of QFT- TB and whether it as a gen 4 version has to go through the long drawn out process of many trials and eventual FDA application.

Hopefully sales of the present in tube version will roll along anyway.

regards, EB

In reply to: elleburra on Saturday 27/09/08 08:31am

That's right elleburra

The announcement of the IT version seemed to put a brake on sales quite dramatically.

This new development reminded me about the trouble they had with the specific type of test tube required for the Gold test. Hopefully the type of microplates used not have any effect, or perhaps they are considering pre-coated plates.

Cheers

J

In reply to: elleburra on Saturday 27/09/08 08:31am

G'day Elleburra,

I would imagine that any new test would require FDA approval.

It's not really a problem, though. It's all about having a pipeline of products for the company over the coming years. The scientists back in Melbourne are not sitting on their hands. Expect to see more discoveries and developments over time. They are building a long term, viable, sustainable company. http://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/cool.gif

As to this particular patent (remember it is only a patent, not a product, at this stage). We (outside the company) can't really say where it is leading. Hard to say if it is destined to one day replace the existing product or whether it will be an adjunct product to address certain, specific, markets.

I wonder if it is possible to extract 250,000 PBMCs from a pin-prick sample? http://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/weirdsmiley.gif

G'day,

The US TB Elimination Bill continues to move forward.

Congress sends Bush tuberculosis elimination bill

ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒÂ¢Ãƒ¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚© 2008 The Associated Press

Sept. 26, 2008, 5:57PM

WASHINGTON ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã‚¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚ A bill aimed at eliminating tuberculosis is headed to President Bush for his signature.

Democratic Congressman Gene Green of Houston introduced the bill in the House. The Senate approved his bill Friday on a voice vote.

Green says the bill takes a three-pronged attack on tuberculosis. The strategy was recommended by the Institute of Medicine.

The bill authorizes spending $1.7 billion over five years for grants for tuberculosis-related projects at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The actual money would be provided in next year's Congress.

I do suspect that Prez Bush is a little busy this weekend but hopefully he will get around to signing it before too long.

If you really want (I suggest that you don't) you can read about the bill here. http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h110-1532

Hello all

Just having a few thoughts about the possible new pin prick testing.

I'm wondering if news about it might be in the much awaited quarterly report. Such important news could well be a reason for waiting to file the report. The fact that it's not yet on the Cellestis website may be an indicator.

It also brings up interesting possibilities for a new generation name ......... only uses a spot of blood ........ on second thoughts maybe we won't go there as OI no doubt is already hurting enough.

Could be an interesting week ahead , for CST and the wider market.

Off to watch some more footy.

Cheers

J

Thanks FG, now that has got to have a positive effect on CST. anyone know where the US is getting all its money from? They must be running out soon and I hope they dont cut programs like this in favour of bailing out overstretched bankers.

It seems to me that the banking industry in the states has had to much money too cheap and has lent it to anyone that asked for it. Is throwing more cheap money at them to lend going to fix it?