ANO - ADVANCE ZINCTEK LIMITED

ShareCafe

Thanks kiril

That largely accords with a discussion I had with Deborah as well. I also hold and plan to take up my allocation. I might even have a modest nibble at some shortfall offerings if they become available.

cheers

doc-gt

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It would seem that Valeant - the new owners of Invisible Zinc are really ramping up their product marketing. While Vogue Australia regularly has a one page advertisement for Invisible Zinc featuring Elle Macpherson, the December 2011 issue features a five page, high density, extra glossy, fold out advertising feature.

With Zinclear IM being the core ingredient of Invisible Zinc, the advertising feature should provide a nice free ride for ANO.

cheers

doc-gt

• 1 year later...
It looks like ANO might finally be finding its way out of the doghouse. While its early days, the latest quarterly suggests that the cash burn has been almost completely staunched. It might take another quarter or two to see whether the result for the last quarter is part of an emerging trend, or an anomaly due to lumpy revenue. Anyway, the company seems to have found a sniff of market interest in the last couple of days, with the SP up around 50% and a few gaps on the buy side being filled.

• 11 months later...
Nearly one year on and it's a case of deja vu, with ANO once again looking like it might be trying to exit the doghouse. This time, today's SP high is 44% up on yesterday's close on the back of no news, but on very strong volume (nearly 10 million shares traded in the last two hours, and the buy side remains strong). Hmmm!

I noticed too, Doc

but it's come back down from intra Highs, so may be wise to wait and see if the gap-up may yet be closed.

post-20537-1389923453_thumb.jpg

Looking back through last 6 months' announcements, I suspect this rally to be caused in expectation of some good Quarterlies.

The Merck connection makes great reading too.

Definitely on my shopping list...

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pullback to Fib 61.8%, and up again.

Could ANO possibly benefit from Hockey's Research Future Fund?

post-20537-1400117957_thumb.jpg

Very speculative, but could be worth it from a T/A perspective. I'm long ANO.

• 1 month later...

Hi arty

It will be interesting to see whether ANO profitability can be achieved and sustained without a capital raising. At this stage, the decline in the company's very sparse cash reserves has been minimised by paring costs, and therefore the scope of activities, to the absolute bone. However, the decline in revenues (as a consequence of the Dow Chemicals distributorship going pear shaped in the US) was almost a killer blow, which shareholders can only hope will indeed prove to be the one year anomaly that the company suggests it has been. In that regard, yesterday's announcement sounds promising. Nevertheless, if revenues continue to decline or remain static, then there's not too many options still available to compensate on the cost side. Therefore, the first quarterly for the new FY could tell an important story for the future of ANO and as a chart man, I'm sure you will be paying close attention to volume and price activity in this stock, in the run-up to the end of October.

• 3 weeks later...
  • ShareCafe Admin changed the title to ANO - ADVANCE ZINCTEK LIMITED