• 2 months later...
  • Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi G

What do you make of Cameron baling, after the company appears to have turned a corner?

Recent sales and the drying up of the buy side this morning seem to suggest that it has spooked a few people.

However, I can't see that the story has changed, and at 3 cents a share, the implied market capitalisation has again slipped well below the value of net tangible assets.

cheers

doc-gt

Hi Doc,

Agreed, the story hasn't changed. Cameron hasn't sold down his significant holding, which is obviously a positive.

I'll be watching the new CEO. I'd like to see her put her money where her mouth is and align herself with the rest of us.

Cheers

G.

• 1 month later...

Hi G

Another significant sell down at 3.5 cents yesterday. I think we will find that ANKLA was the passive buyer but I will be interested to see whether the active seller was a substantial shareholder or not. Given that the seller is only half way through (with another 1.4 million odd shares for sale at 3.5 cents) I suspect that it may have been a substantial shareholder selling yesterday, and as a consequence, we could see some advice to ASX during the week (informing us who it was).

On past form, we should also be seeing a quarterly update before the end of this month, showing how the company is tracking through the half year mark. Given some of the recent sell activity, I'll be fairly keenly awaiting that update.

cheers

doc-gt

• 3 months later...

G'day G

Another OK quarterly report just released.

Nothing spectacular, but I remain tantalised by that dangling carrot of a possible US high volume launch by a top 10 global suncare brand:

"Antaria continues to work collaboratively with Dow and a top 10 global suncare brand towards a US high volume launch. If successful, the launch could have a substantial impact on Antaria sales in CY 2012".

While the carrot is starting to get a bit old and weathered, I did note that the timelines are beginning to look somewhat clearer.

Presumably, if a successful launch is going to have a substantial impact on Antaria sales in CY 2012, it would be reasonable to expect that the launch would have to be aimed for early in CY 2012 - possibly the Northern Hemisphere Spring, or circa April/May 2012. This timing would seem to be logical in a marketing context, for the launch of a new suncare product in the US and Europe.

cheers

doc-gt

Hi Doc

They're moving in the right direction, but like you I'm keen to see a significant breakout in revenue. Geez, it's starting to look like a decent punt at 2-3c.

The company has always been very reserved about it's commentary on future revenue, so I take the substantial impact comment as being very positive. Let's hope we hear something soon.

Cheers

G.

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

It has been a long time coming, but another (albeit significant) piece of the puzzle is now in place.

The FDA has finally moved on sunscreen labeling.

On the 14th June the FDA served notice that sunscreen manufacturers are required to include additional details regarding the attributes/composition of their sunscreen. No more false claims, or hiding of facts. If the sunscreen doesn't protect against UVA and UVB consumers will now know about it.

We shouldn't underestimate the significance of this announcement. I'm actually surprised there wasn't an announcement from the company. This piece of news will aid Dow Chemical's push of Zinclear - no doubt about it.

I'm looking forward to the next announcement - hopefully a confirmation that a major US sunscreen manufacturer is about to release a Zinclear variant.

FDA announcement:

http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/Pre...s/ucm258940.htm

Press reaction:

http://www.myhealthnewsdaily.com/sunscreen...-spectrum-1606/

• 4 weeks later...

Hi G

A nice early find on your part. I notice that three weeks on, the company has also finally commented on the potential significance of the new FDA regulation for sales of Zinclear IM in the US, and it all sounds very positive.

cheers

doc-gt

• ShareCafe Admin changed the title to ANO - ADVANCE ZINCTEK LIMITED