MOS

andyc

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

there is a profit in it if you have the volume and there is still the chance of a higher bid.

My comment is from a holders point of view.Is 15c really what the board thinks a share in MOS is worth plus some fat for t/o premium?

Too keen to roll over imho and looks like they want out.

Bailed out of Kimu for 11 million to develop other stuff and now this?

Uninspiring limp wristed stuff frankly.

Balance...lets say the chances of a higher bid are NIL(which is probably about right...especially when the directors are saying 'accept'!)...so where is the 'profit' even IF you have volume?...unless you have bought in under 14.4c and are now selling there as thats where the stalemate is at present? Do you think the SP will go a tad higher...or only on news of another 'left field' offer from another player?

If it is a done deal....and one manages to buy a few at 14./5cts....(we should have known the news was a takeover when someone bought 10 million at 13.5cts the other day).....then say you buy some at 14.5 and you have to wait until October (or later) to get your money.....then that is a long time to be paying interest / or getting NO interest on the money that could be used elsewhere.

Merc

Buying at 14.5c annualises out to about 13.8% excluding brokerage but even including some brokerage at 0.5% then you get to 12%. I am assuming the payment comes immediately following the scheme implementation on or around mid October. Certainly it looks like a solid 10% if it drags out.

The potential upside is another bid, the downside it a huge mutiny by shareholders denying the scheme.

Annualizes means 1 year.

But , assuming you are figuring that the payment comes in 90 days, just how is your math worked out?

Got a pencil and paper....errrrr.....a way to put this on the thread....my math isn't that good.

merc

hi mercury

sorry for the late reply I just ran in from some complex peace negotiations in the middle east and you know how time consuming that can be...

I took the potential capital gain of 0.5c and divided it by an entry of 14.5c giving me a value of about 3.44% which if you returned this over 3mths this annualises out to 13.793% (ie 12mths per year so multiply the 3.44 x 4).