CRICKET

alfie156

I see Warner's back to being a chmapion again according to Langer .... no he's not, for ever more he'll be known as Stuart Broad's bunny.

Also, the authorities dish up another concrete pitch for a first class game and ... geez all of a sudden we have lots of batsmen capable of scoring lots of runs.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-10-13/shef...-farce/11597968

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

South Africa struggling like all non sub continent teams in India.

It doesn't help when they have lost the toss in all three tests, in fact the saffers have lost the toss ten times in a row in India, a rather startling stst.

They have changed tossers (??) a number of times but it doesn't seem to help.

Its tough to win in India, but its even tougher when the home side always gets to bat first.

Mick

The losers from this week"

Kawaja a duck and 2, Travis head a duck and 12, Wade 20 and 40 (though he did top score in second innigs)

Warner 1 and 15 No in a win.

Hanscombe 12, Bancroft 10 in a big total

Nathan Lyon only 2 for 90 odd out of 20 (though Starc hogged them all himself).

All the Victorian bowlers, Pattinson at least got four, siddle 2.

Travis Paine two low scores,

The winners were Labuschage 32 and 72 NO Smith another centur but also a failure with 2, , S marsh a double ton.

Starc 10 wickets for the match.

Wes Agar, (the other Agar) took 6/90 for match , 20 No on debut.

Like the look of Riley meredith, 5 wicket haul in NSW innings. One of these odd characters that bowls right handed and bats left handed. Tall, only 23, one to wtach.

Jury still out.

Marcus Harris 62 and 8

Will Pusovski a scratchy 64 and still not out early in 2nd dig.

Joe Burns 39 and 22 and Matt Renshaw 18 and 24 nothing to crow about.

Nobody else in contention worth mentioning.

Mick

Just to add , I think we can leave out any of the innings at the Junction oval last round where every man and his dog scored a century. I think there were 12 wickets for about 1300 runs.

SMarsh got some runs this week but I hope they don't consider him again. Despite being quite a good state player he's never quite been there as a test player. Better to have someone fail with 10 years in front of them not a year or so.

Starc bowled quite well so he's back in the mix. Cummins and Hazlewood are certainties. I doubt Sidds will get a look in unless they expect a really flat wicket and want someone to bowl themselves to death.

Pattinson maybe, but Jhye Richardson quite likely I think. I've not seen his numbers this season, but his record is very good and he was impressive prior to hurting his shoulder.

G'day B

re "unless they expect a really flat wicket "

Unfortunately most Australian wickets are flat, maybe the Gabba the only exception , now that WA has changed. It's a great pity, and does Australian cricket no favours. I can't help bur feel that the people in charge have mistakenly thought that all Aussie cricket fans want is runs and more runs.

Cheers

J

I can't help bur feel that the people in charge have mistakenly thought that all Aussie cricket fans want is runs and more runs

Yes, drop in pitches have taken the character out of the majority of test venue pitches here. I understood why the MCG went to a drop in because of the longer winter and shorter recovery period post VFL/AFL season.

Adelaide has a day night test this year which has proven interesting.

I'm with you, watching batsmen slaughter bowlers on dead tracks is boring cricket. Wickets falling is exciting. More balance is required plus you get a better chance of a result.. That's why the tests in England were so good this year. It was a contest and batsmen truly earned their runs.