CRICKET

alfie156

I agree about the fast bowlers. I have wondered whether the selectors have stayed with the "reliables" for the Adelaide test, and not risk breaking hearts and bodies of the young brigade on the usually placid Adelaide pitch. Maybe see a change in the third test. Hope so. Bet Hussey was mad at getting out and giving the Saffas something to lift their spirits.

Cheers

J

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cant believe we gave away such a strong lead thought we would walk this home now looks like we could easily lose :grrr:

Our team really need to be on 500 and over lead to have a better than even chance of winning SA can pull heaps out of their bag of tricks if they need to.

Hi frodo, I think you need to take into account Patterson will not bowl in this innings therefore

Clarke needs time to get the South Africans out.

It is very hot in Adelaide today and tomorrow so testing times in particular for fast bowlers.

He has allowed time for them to rest and come back strong in short spells.

When they are both resting the only front line bowler left is Lyons so there will be many overs bowled by

part time bowlers. In these periods not many wickets would be expected.

South Africa need a record last wicket score to win the match.

Clarke needs time to do it and he has allowed the time for his bowlers to achieve it.

If by some sort of miracle South Africa make the runs...I would be the first to say well done.

That's terrible news for young Pattinson, and for the Aussie team.. Do hope we see him in action again before the end of the season. i rather think that the Saffas will make us work very hard for a win. They tend towards honourable draws, and hang on grimly. Will test Mr Clarke and co to the bitter end, I think.

Cheers

J