CRICKET

alfie156

Change the bowlers, keep Pattinson, bring in stark and what about Cummings is he good to play now? Siddle and Hilfenous really I think their time has come and I not sure about Lyon we do have Clarkey who can spin. We could bring back husseys brother david as he usually a high scorer. Anyway this bowling exercise today will give the selectors something to think about.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would have to agree with you about questioning Lyon's selection, but not about bringing D Hussey back in the side.

Callum Ferguson would be my choice. I think the boy deserves another chance.

I cant think of any stand out spinners who warrant selection, and dont mind Clarke bowling himself when the need arises.

Cant say I have seen Ferguson but can agree that D Hussey isnt perfect I think we do need to give the new ones a go and not kick em out if they dont dont the job on the first go, I can remember WArney saying it took him a bit to get going. Not sure about Ponting he can be very very good but his luck isnt with him so maybe another new one there to fill in.

Cant say I have seen Ferguson but can agree that D Hussey isnt perfect I think we do need to give the new ones a go and not kick em out if they dont do the job on the first go, I can remember WArney saying it took him a bit to get going. Not sure about Ponting he can be very very good but his luck isnt with him so maybe another new one there to fill in.

Cant say I have seen Ferguson but can agree that D Hussey isnt perfect I think we do need to give the new ones a go and not kick em out if they dont do the job on the first go, I can remember WArney saying it took him a bit to get going. Not sure about Ponting he can be very very good but his luck isnt with him so maybe another new one there too.

I think we dodged 'one' in this test. The second day washout let our bowlers refresh bodies and minds, and stopped the pitch from wearing. Credit to Clarke for his batting and captaincy. Cowan did very well, so too Hussey. I'm a Ponting fan but, geez, he's making it harder to keep backing him. No-one else seems to want to make a case for his spot, lucky for him but sad for the sake of this side's improvement. My guess is Starc will come in for Hilfenhaus, not that I've seen a lot of Starc but as a left-armer he's at least different.

On to Adelaide with it all to play for.

I not really looking forward to Watson coming back his batting is fine but I dont think his bowling is that hot and they seem to use him a lot so maybe that accounts for a lot of their results.

Get all the new young ones bowling and nurse them along. Not sure about Hilfenouse I agree he should perhaps go but I would get rid of Siddle too and Lyon. If we can get Cummings back and then Starc plus there must be a few others that have been overlooked.

The result should give them some confidence if not experience was good for the new ones. Hope the Ashes is a long way off.

Ponting is a great guy but his luck seems to go when he back in the side murphys law I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

6.04pm - 200 for Clarke! First man to make four double tons in a calendar year! This one off just 226 balls, 35 4s and a six. Tremendous stuff. Pup, we salute you!

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/live-c...l#ixzz2CwAOEFye

=============

where is wolvy?? you got to give our young Clarke credit this time, it's long over due from ya!! he is our NSW man!! :lol:

Great double ton by Clarke, and centuries to Hussey and Warner.

Fantastic EOD score with full credit to the above however, special mention

to Warner who set the tempo early to initiate the onslaught.

Great day for Michael Clarke and for Australian Cricket...bring on tomorrow...

Sad to see Starc miss out again IMHO opinion a future star..

Look forward to the day when we see Paterson, Cummins and Starc as the fast bowling team...