CRICKET

alfie156

Hi adder, been a while. Tend to agree mate.Siddle will be first picked for pace. Starc has come along very nicely.Not seen much of the others of late.

Nifty, I didn't see that, thanks. Good solid innings by the look of it. Need some batting pressure from outside the usual suspects.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As a staunch South Aussie who loves his cricket:

Callum Ferguson looks to have all the goods but what a disappointment he has been.

Averages in the 30s with half his games played on Adelaide Oval, the best batting wicket in the world.

No consistancy in his batting, lovely technique but keeps getting out...

Can not see him playing many tests for Australia...hope I'm wrong.. ;)

Looking into Callums' figures further..prior to this season for South Australia..

65 matches

121 innings

35.33 Average

7 centuries & 25 half centuries...

Now Adelaide Oval

32 matches

59 Innings

Average 33.96

Only 1 ton in 59 innings on Adelaide Oval...the batmens paradise..

Happy enough to have Wade in for Haddin, but disappointed with the "old" fast bowlers lineup.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/brad...f-1226505275882

Teenager Pat Cummins was overlooked as the selectors opted for Peter Siddle, Ben Hilfenhaus, James Pattinson and Mitchell Starc in the squad of 12.

Heading to the Gabba for the first day ........ should be great fun, as the Saffas haven't been in Bris for decades.

Cheers

J

• 2 weeks later...
I've been discussing with my cricket following mates about how long this summer will be v the Saffa's. Superior in batting and bowling. If SA play to form the Aus 11 must excel to give them a fright. Formidable quicks and a batting line up to make a bowler cry.I just cannot see us getting 20 wickets or getting enough runs consistently to pull off a series win. :( I would love to be surprised but....

mr b

I was listening to it on the radio and half way through the first day of the first test and I was sure that they were about to cut to Anthony Green to announce that by his calculations the Africans had already won the series. :rolleyes:

Then I just tuned back in again and some bloke who didn't bowl a single ball in Shield cricket last season and is yet to face a test ball himself had been brought on to bowl.

Sounds like as if we are up against it ... but then again test cricket can be a peculiar beast.

Enjoyed my day at the Gabba, as usual, but didn't get too excited as the Saffas cruised along, seemingly without any trouble at all. Then Siddle oversteps at the vital moment !! Crushing !! :grrr:

Looks like a very long summer for Aussie cricket. It was nice to watch Wade in action ....... just a natural, which we haven't had for a very long time.

Cheers

J