CRICKET

alfie156

All,

As per the Terms of Use:

You will not use this discussion board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, misleading, deceptive, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

If you have an issue with someone's post PLEASE use the "Alert Moderator" function (instead of replying directly as 9-10 times the reply only inflames the issue) If you do reply directly please note you will be moderated if your post violates the Terms of Use.

Thankyou

ShareScene.com

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's a different interview. He was on the 7.30 report tonight (are they local?) His 'pull their heads in ' comment was in response to being asked by the female presenter if Ponting should change his ways

You are right there wmd, this is the 2nd part of the show, in a separate video clip. My apologies;

http://www.abc.net.au/reslib/200801/r215123_834581.asx

DJ

In reply to: bermuda on Monday 07/01/08 05:04pm

bermuda it was a wonderful test could have gone either way .draw would have been fair.

shame about the peripheral stuff.

aussie definitely lack humility but very tough and never let up the pressure.

(some)Indians just a bit too precious.if they learned to run and field properly they'd have 50 more runs per innings.boors on both sides and some good sports too.

Umpiring was really ordinary.

some wonderful bowling,fielding and batting.great pitch for bat and ball.

aussies need to watch their manners, Indians need to harden up.

Umps need more sensory aids (ie eyes and ears) or just more help.

Speaking of sportsmanship....... what about the concept of a batsman walking when he knows he is out (like Symonds)?

Symonds has been reported as saying that he knew he was caught out (re; woeful decision) yet stood there waiting for umpire to rule. Now, I know most players donÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢t walk, but in my opinion that is the height of poor sportsmanship. If you know you are out you should walk. Some of the decisions in that test were terrible, but itÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s up to players to assist the umpires by putting their hand up and saying ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Â¦ÃƒƒÂ¢Ãƒ¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…âہ“Yep, I hit itÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚ÂÂ, ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Â¦ÃƒƒÂ¢Ãƒ¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…âہ“No, it didnÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢t carryÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚ÂÂ. That is the true spirit of the game and being a good sport. This needs to return to the game, from all players and teams.

Overall, I think India were robbed. And I agree with other posts here that the Australian team are looking pretty poor. Can dish it out but cant take it.

In reply to: The Ferret on Tuesday 08/01/08 08:41am

it is not up to the players to decide their own fate

bloody hell - how hard is it, really?

use the god damn technology

end of bullshit whingeing and 'we was robbed'

also end of poor sportsmanship on decisions

the 'gentlemen's' game as a description has always been a furphy of sorts

In reply to: The Ferret on Tuesday 08/01/08 08:41am

A lot has been said about symonds not walking , how about Youvraj Singh in Melbourne not moving for a long time AFTER being given out ?

Not a peep.

Double standards all round but only one country is putting on a dress and sulking.

India have the right to believe what they like.They were dudded badly in several cases.

They also dudded themselves several ways but that kind of introspection makes poor headlines and the problems can be only fixed from within.Petulance is hardly in spirit of the game we keep hearing about either I would think

Aussies have a lot to learn about the value of humility and sportsmanship.Its a shame such a good game was marred by those celebrations.Sure be happy, elated but bouncing around like a bunch of school girls in a group love-in was awful.

I dont include walking in the above. The number that do are miniscule and ones honest (silly) enough to admit it publicly after the fact smaller.

He's sure not the first to stay put knowing he got a life and definitely wont be the last.

The Indians arent the first to be dudded and wont be the last.Get over it.Prove to us you can be better and beat the odds. Learn how to field and run between the wickets.Play more tests, especially overseas to develope the young quicks to test level.Those things are not Aussies or Umps problems.There is more to the game than pretty batting.

Nice batting from a few great players and the efforts of 2 excellent spinners wont cut the mustard when playing a wonderfully balance team that play hard together as a team and do so for sessions on end.

They'd have the odd win but they just are not good enough in all facets to beat us regularly just yet without luck running with them.

It would be nice if all cricketers did act more in the perceived or fabled spirit of the game.Whatever that is.Should it only apply to batsmen?

Not happening, too much money involved.Careers can be ruined costing millions.

If Jaffa gets another game and got a slight edge and was caught but not given do you think he would walk? Talk about career ending moments.They get enough crappy decisions without walking when you may think you are out.I've seen Gilly walk when NOT out.So even the players dont always know.

If I'm in slips and ball passes bat and I hear a noise I'm up, I dont stop and have a meeting analyse it.I ask the question and leave it to the ump.