KZA - KAZIA THERAPEUTICS LIMITED

colaiscute

It's nice to see Josiah T Austin is still on the board of the new Novogen as Non-Executive Director, that surely means that he hasn't sold his shares one would think? Mr Austin was appointed to the Novogen Board on 20 September, 2010. He is the managing member of El Coronado Holdings, LLC, a privately owned investment holding company, which invests in public and private companies. He and his family own and operate agricultural properties in the states of Arizona, Montana, and northern Sonora, Mexico through El Coronado Ranch & Cattle Company, LLC and other entities.

Mr Austin previously served on the Board of Directors of Monterey Bay Bancorp of Watsonville, California, and is a prior board member of New York Bancorp, Inc., and North Fork Bancorporation. He became a director of Goodrich Petroleum, Inc., in 2002. Mr Austin also serves as a trustee of the Cuenca Los Ojos Foundation Trust, a non-profit organisation working to preserve and restore the biodiversity of the borderland region between the United States and Mexico through land protection, habitat restoration and wildlife reintroduction.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New Press Release just out.... More on the effect of CS-6 on other Ovarian Cancer Cell Lines.

Enjoy

Jon

ASX Release

3 April 2013

Potency of CS-6 against cancer stem cells confirmed in follow-up study.

Novogen previously (18 February 2013) announced data from a sighting study that showed that the experimental anti-cancer drug, CS-6 was highly cytotoxic in the laboratory against ovarian cancer stem cells (OCSC). That study served as a guide to the merits of conducting more extensive studies.

The follow-up study went on to examine the effect of CS-6 against a range of other OCSC cell lines, including cell lines virtually indestructible by both standard-of-care and experimental anti-cancer drugs. The study also looked at the effect of CS-6 on the differentiated daughter cells of these cancer stem cells, mirroring the situation in patients with ovarian cancer where the cancer responds to chemotherapy initially, but then recurs. Recurrence in that case being the result of the chemo-resistant cancer stem cells in the tumor surviving the chemotherapy to produce a new population of daughter cells with increased resistance to chemotherapy.

Novogen Chief Scientific Officer, Dr Andrew Heaton, today said, ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Â¦ÃƒƒÂ¢Ãƒ¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…âہ“The cancer stem cell lines that were used in this follow-up study are extraordinarily difficult to kill. They are impervious to virtually all drugs. Drug levels required to kill these cells typically have been so high as to be impractical or would be so toxic as to destroy the rest of the body. The behavior of these cells is why late-stage ovarian cancer carries such a poor prognosis.ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚ÂÂ

ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Â¦ÃƒƒÂ¢Ãƒ¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…âہ“CS-6 proved to be highly cytotoxic against all cancer stem cell lines tested. But even more impressive was the sensitivity of the cancer stem cells to CS-6, with both the cancer stem cells and their daughter cells being wiped out at drug levels down to picomolar levels. Just as remarkably, the cytotoxic effects of CS-6 were evident as early as 4 hours.ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚ÂÂ

Novogen CEO, Dr Graham Kelly, added, ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Â¦ÃƒƒÂ¢Ãƒ¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…âہ“These results are a key step in our goal of developing first-in-class drugs offering comprehensive anti-cancer therapy and bringing hope to cancer sufferers world-wide. For many common cancers, cancer stem cells are thought to be the reason why cancers recur after responding initially to treatment. Having the ability to knock out these progenitor cells holds the potential at most of being able to block the growth and establishment of cancers, and at least of being able to prevent or slow down cancer recurrence following anti-cancer therapy.ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚ÂÂ

ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Â¦ÃƒƒÂ¢Ãƒ¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…âہ“As usual, this is one small, but important, step in our goal with many more steps to go before we can declare success, and investors should be aware of the timelines and risks involved,ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚ Kelly added.

About Novogen Novogen Ltd is a public Australian biotechnology company whose shares trade on both the Australian Stock Exchange (symbol ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Â¹Ãƒƒâ€Â¦ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã¢â‚¬Å“NRTÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢) and NASDAQ (symbol ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Â¹Ãƒƒâ€Â¦ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã¢â‚¬Å“NVGNÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢). The Company is based in Sydney, Australia and is focused on the development of a family of novel anti-cancer drugs based on comprehensive anti-cancer activity against both cancer cells and cancer stem cells. The CompanyÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s inaugural drug candidate is CS-6.

About CS-6 CS-6 belongs to a new family of drugs known as super-benzopyrans which Novogen has developed and which have a number of design features purposely built into them, viz. (i) ability to kill both cancer stem cells and their daughter cells, (ii) ability to cross the blood-brain barrier, and (iii) improved bio-availability. CS-6 is being developed as a treatment of glioblastoma multiforme, the main form of primary brain cancer, and late-stage, chemo-refractory ovarian cancer.

About Cancer Stem Cells

Cancer stem cells (CSC) (or tumour-initiating cells) are believed to be a subpopulation of cells within many types of cancer that are responsible for driving the growth and spread of the cancer. CSC typically are resistant to radiotherapy and chemotherapy and are thought to be responsible for cancer recurrence following therapy. Targeting CSC is a new direction in oncology drug development as a means of preventing cancer recurrence.

Further information Contact Dr Graham Kelly, Chief Executive Officer.

T: (61 2) 9878 0088

M: (61) 0459 200 095

E: Graham.Kelly@novogen.com

Further information is available on the CompanyÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s web site, www.novogen.com

I hasn't held it's price YET simply because this was basically just a repeat of the first release in a fashion, saying that the results were confirmed in a second test, there is more news coming soon, I think that by years end the SP will be much higher if all goes to plan.

CS-6 is basically an extension of a platform that came from other older compounds already in trials with MEIP and also owned by them now, I really don't see any problems with safety first of all, but also with the drug in general because of the path it has taken to where it is now, I just hope they don't try and change the delivery systems whilst in trials, at least not this time around.

It is also worth remembering that CS-6 when it was first tested in the US, was when it had both the left AND right handed forms combined which are known as enantiomers,In manufacturing terms, CS-6 is classified as a chiral molecule, meaning that the molecule can exist in both left and right hand forms known as enantiomers. usually one of these entantiomers is much stronger than the other, so the result in that those tests would have been much lower than would have been the case if they had used only the better side of CS-6, but even then they were fantastic, they say this new form is 200 times better, that has to be good for dosage requirements etc, I remember years ago when they were talking about some of the earlier drugs from the earlier platforms, would lead to chemotherapy where only a very small amount of the drug was required, which in turn led to no hair loss or many of the horrific side effects experienced by cancer sufferers when undergoing chemotherapy.

"Novogen Chief Scientific Officer, Dr Andrew Heaton, today said, ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Â¦ÃƒƒÂ¢Ãƒ¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…âہ“The ability to manufacture CS-6 in both left and right hand forms

represents a significant milestone in the development of this compound.

The indication that one form of CS-6 is active at "nano molar concentrations" against a broad spectrum of brain

cancer lines is exciting and indicates that the earlier potencies we have seen against cancer cells and cancer stem cells are likely to be even greater with the purified enantiomer.

"We are now positioned to rapidly progress CS-6 to the clinic.ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚ÂÂ

This is the definition of nanomolar from wordnik-:

ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Â¦ÃƒƒÂ¢Ãƒ¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…âہ“Scientists have for decades been doing experiments using chemiÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒÂ¢Ãƒ¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚­cals in ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒÂ¢Ãƒ¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚­nanomolar quantiÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒÂ¢Ãƒ¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚­ties, which simply means that they're ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒÂ¢Ãƒ¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚­extraordinarily dilute.ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚ÂÂ

http://www.wordnik.com/words/nanomolar

So that means bugger all active is required, which is good for profits and I also have read that it is comparatively easy to manufacture in quantity using a new method also developed by Novogen/Triaxial.

Hopefully one day this cancer cure may mean that it would be equivalent to not much more than having a flu injection or two?

This is Dr Kelly's post on the company blog ... re the strategy for raising capital.

Apples.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12 April 2013. Capital Raising

An additional $2.5M dollars in the bank gives us the ability to push on with all speed with the pre-clinical phase of the CS-6 program.

For those wondering why bother raising so little when drug development costs so much, there is a simple answer. The first part goes to confidence ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¦. confidence that we can deliver on some key milestones over the course of the next 6 months. And that feeds into the second part ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¦.. that we want to raise the minimum amount of money at current prices to avoid unnecessary shareholder dilution.

One of the resolutions being put to the shareholder vote on April 19 is permission to raise up to $10m on the terms outlined in the resolution. On top of which is the automatic refreshing at the time of the General Meeting of our 15% headroom capacity to issue stock without shareholder approval. So we are well placed over the course of this year to raise any further capital should it prove necessary.

The decision to go to the market now and not wait until after the General Meeting was forced on us by circumstances, which to a large extent are the result of being successful. With the assistance of Patersons Securities we conducted a relatively modest roadshow in Sydney and Melbourne, more by way of a sounding exercise ahead of gaining shareholder approval to issue stock up to the value of $10m after April 19. That stock was to be priced on the basis of a 5-day VWAP, which for the uninitiated is the Volume Weighted Average Price over a 5-day period. As a result of the extraordinarily high daily turnover in our stock and substantial intra-day price variations going back to our Feb 18 announcement concerning CS-6 and cancer stem cells, the current VWAP was at a substantial premium to the share price at the time of the roadshow, making any offer relatively unattractive to investors. Without any certainty that that volatility was going to subside in the short-term, we decided to make the offer on the basis of the 15% headroom available to directors to be achieved post-April 19. That gave us the basis to price the stock without reference to the VWAP.

That is why we have sought the money when we have, and why we only raised $2.5, because we had to fit under the 15% headroom allowance.

We have also announced an intention to conduct a Share Purchase Plan, the details of which currently are being worked out, and this will be put to all Australian and New Zealand shareholders in the near future. SPPs give shareholders the opportunity to participate in a capital raising at a discount to market and without brokerage fees.

• 2 weeks later...

After the latest release, I emailed Dr Kelly and spoke to him about some concerns I had with the setting up of Novogen North America, especially after seeing what had happened with Marshall Edwards, he did answer me very promptly and said it was a good question and it gave him the opportunity to explain a few things in the blog, I again emailed him and thanked him and apologised to him for the prickly question, he told me it wasn't a prickly question and he understood completely where I was coming from.

here is what Dr Kelly placed on the Novogen website blog.

Following question from shareholder ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Â¹Ãƒƒâ€Â¦ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã¢â‚¬Å“MooseyÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢.

The announcement on the 18th April 2013 was great, my only concern was the setting up of Novogen (North America) Inc. I would like an undertaking by Dr Kelly that the company remains an Aussie company and any IP found belongs to the parent, one that doesnÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢t end up resembling something like MarshallEdwards did.

I understand why Novogen would like an American presence, that is where the money is and that is also close to some of the most important cancer research centers, but I have seen other companies who did something similar, the old Novogen being a case in point and then see the American offshoot end up either taking over completely or causing the parent in Oz to fail and then they pick up all the pieces for bugger all and shareholders in Oz end up with stuff all, but in the old NovogenÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s case though at least we did end up with shares in MEIP.

Like I said I donÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢t mind an American presence so long as it stays just that, a presence, one where the intent is that the parent Novogen remains in full control and always will unless it is sold. I would love for this great technology to stay here in Australia if possible? Can we have that in writing Dr Kelly?

Dear Moosey,

One big difference between the MEIPharma Inc situation and the Novogen (North America) Inc. MEI was set up to house oncology drug development. It was always intended to be an independent company, which it eventually became 10 years later. And as you point out, Novogen shareholders have retained their investment in that company which we all hope will deliver a pay-off in due course. The only part of the plan that didnÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢t work out was that the rest of Novogen was meant to go on to bigger and better things, which for various reasons didnÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢t happen. In a way I am glad that part of the plan didnÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢t work out, because it has given 3 ex-Novogen scientists the chance to come back in and take Novogen to a level which we believe will be well beyond anything we ever dreamed of before.

Novogen (North America) Inc is not a drug development company. It owns no IP and conducts no R&D and has no intention of ever doing so. It is purely and simply an administrative arm of the parent company. I wanted a presence in North America. We might be an Australian-based company, but two-thirds of our shares are held as ADRs and to the best of our knowledge, our current 3,900 Australian shareholders are about half the number of US shareholders. That situation warrants and deserves a local presence.

Also, increasingly we will be conducting more and more of our R&D in the US and Europe. Plus we have made a substantial commitment to having all our manufacturing conducted in Switzerland which Andrew Heaton is overseeing. Plus he is responsible for our patent portfolio and for the lodgement of an IND with the FDA. It just makes sense to have someone closer to that action and able to respond to issues in real time. The challenges of basing an Australia resident in the US on an open-ended basis meant that we needed to have that person employed by a US company. That is the genesis of Novogen (North America) Inc.

The Novogen technology will stay in Novogen. You want it in writing? ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¦.. OK. It will leave Novogen Ltd over my dead body. But letÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s not get too precious about this country thing. The CompanyÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s primary listing might be AustraliaÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¦. but we are for all intents and purposes a US company as it currently stands in terms of ownership.

Graham Kelly

• 5 months later...

The latest Novogen Annual Report has just been posted.... and it's brilliant.

Prof. Graham Kelly lays out where we are right now and where we will be progressing to in the coming months and years.

The story is absolutely riveting, the technology is mind-blowing and Graham's writing style and manner.... superb.

Here is the direct link to the .pdf file which you should download and read from beginning to end when you have the time. If you don't agree with all the superlatives that I used in the previous para... then I will be very surprised.

http://novogen.com/wp-content/uploads/2013...nual-Report.pdf

Things are really moving and the true depth to this story is starting to be realised.

Applefoot

Sorry guys... that was a broken link. Try this new one below.

The latest Novogen Annual Report has just been posted.... and it's brilliant.

The CEO Prof. Graham Kelly lays out where we are right now and where we will be progressing to in the coming months and years.

The story is absolutely riveting, the technology is mind-blowing and Graham's writing style and manner.... superb.

Here is the direct link to the .pdf file which you should download and read from beginning to end when you have the time. If you don't agree with all the superlatives that I used in the previous para... then I will be very surprised.

http://novogen.com/2013-annual-report-3/ and download the "Executive Summary"

Things are really moving and the true depth to this story is starting to be realised.

Applefoot