ION

stockpanther

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've bought and sold this stock before. It has good contracts locally and slowly getting some overseas. However, the negative (I think) is from a contract that was not renewed (cannot remember which client). Have a broker report that values it at the $2.70-2.80 range. But remember that currently depends on local component mfg and sales. I think that new car sales has peaked for the time being (see all the discounts car ads and value of 2nd-hand cars)...so unless it announces a new contract, I expect it to hover +/- 10-15cents range...good trading if you want to do this :-)

management forecasted revenue to double in the next 4 years, while maintaining profit margins.

Currently trading on a P/e of around 8.5....assuming management expectations too high and a drop off in the car market, I still think this stock has to have some more awesome growth in the near future.

I agree ,revenue in 2004 is to increase by not less than 8%, EPS not less than 10% , Wingfield plant to come on line early 2004 supplying cylinder heads to Holden,upgrading Altona plant , building an engine block plant in Altona online from 2006 increasing capacity for Harley - Davidson, it also anticipates strong growth in existing and complementary products not to mention a great MD in Graeme Salthouse , so i can see a bright future for this stock .

Stockpanther,

I had a look at the chart last time you talked about ION (in the KCN thread),

and I recommeded to wait for the stock to break through its $2.40 resistance.

ION was evolving in a $2.17 - $2.40 channel.

Unfortunately, the strong $2.17 support has been broken through, and this

has increased the falling rate of the price (look at the session on 11th dec.)

Next supports for rebound are $2.00 and $1.91.

Looking at the moving averages of 20, 50 and 100 days, the trend for

short term is negative, the medium and long terms are neutral.

post-16-1071488566.png

Thanks Meteor, might be a blessing in disguise that I don't have enough cash on hand at the moment to invest more into this company.

Someone on another forum said they rang their full service broker...and the seller codes matched up to instituitions..so could be an idea to watch this one for a few weeks-month and see what develops before hooking in again...could be a short term price drop, although i am very confident about my $2.29 entry price over the 3-4 term.

I really think $4/share in 4 years time is definately achievable for ION, while paying an excellent dividend. incl div's i think its realistic to expect 20% p.a. from ION. I'm not saying this year will experience this performance, but looking back in 4 years time I think this will be achieved.

(My assessment is based on fundamentals, predicted growth earnings, its current low p/e ratio, and excellent management who have delivered to their demanding targets set in the past)

• 3 weeks later...

IN REPLY TO A POST BY Meteor, Mon 15/12/03 09:42pm   [READ POST]

Stockpanther,

I had a look at the chart last time you talked about ION (in the KCN thread),
and I recommeded to wait for the stock to break through its $2.40 resistance.

ION was evolving in a $2.17 - $2.40 channel.

Unfortunately, the strong $2.17 support has been broken through, and this
has increased the falling rate of the price (look at the session on 11th dec.)

Next supports for rebound are $2.00 and $1.91.

Looking at the moving averages of 20, 50 and 100 days, the trend for
short term is negative, the medium and long terms are neutral.

Well it has broken through the $2.40 resistance , and should be on the way up. http://www.asxboard.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif

• 1 month later...

IN REPLY TO A POST BY jsbert, Fri 09/01/04 05:16pm   [READ POST]

Well it has broken through the $2.40 resistance , and should be on the way up. http://www.asxboard.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif

ION been sliding sideways for some time and now a trading halt regarding a capital raising.

Gee and I put it in the share tipping competition this month http://www.asxboard.com/html/emoticons/sadsmiley02.gif