EPY - EARLYPAY LTD

Sagitar

QUOTE (klmytech @ Wednesday 15/06/05 02:44pm)

Yep I think you're right about the total shares on the ASX being the total market cap.

the AIM stock is trading at approx 95c Australian (40p) if we worked out the market cap of the ASX trading at that price......95c x 11.8 million shares the value would be $11.21 million, But there seems to be some misalignment with the AIM market cap of $5.59 which converts to roughly $13.2 million. ?

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/m5?a=1&s=GBP&t=AUD

I remember traders of LOOK (nasdaq stock) and LOK (ASX stock) would trade the currency swings when one was out of balance, and as a rule the U.S. was the lead indicator.

But I agree that things would have to change with SKG because their primary operations are in Australia, so they will be the lead indicator for the forseeable future.

Nice to see they are getting video on demand off the ground !

You wouldn't want to be in the video rental business once this takes off.

The idea is very clever, SKG store the movies on their servers located in the building and the occupants download the movies direct.

$2.95 for a latest release without walking out the door, that is going to attract plenty of clients, but once again the market yawns http://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

Tex.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The whisper is some thing will happen in Mid July (approx 3 weeks).

If this whisper from the private sector is correct, we are going to be very happy.

Orion Gateway appears to be looking for a quick way to become a public company.

One possible way to do this would be to inject a large amount of capital into SKG in return for enough shares to become the contolling shareholder (also know as a reverse take-over).

If Orion was considering this, it would be in their interests to cap the current shareprice for as long as they can (which is not difficult given the current liquidity of the stock).

This is all just speculation, but it may be worth having a look at e-pay and doing some numbers. It's possible we could all be share holders of e-pay by the end of August ;-)

Orion Gateway already owns 13% of SKG and they are rumoured to be going into China in a big way.

With Revenues coming in from the e-pay operation, it's a fair bet that the planned home-Automation expansion into europe and Asia would be done with ease http://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/wink.gif

P.s. Note the word "strategic" in the text below.

SYDNEY 27th July, 2004

SkyNetGlobal (ASX: SKG), today announced that the company has formed a strategic partnership with Orion Gateway Pty Ltd. Under the terms of the partnership, Orion Gateway will invest $1.6 million in cash into SkyNetGlobal for a 13% strategic stake and in addition provide up to 50% of any funding required to expand W Home into selected countries overseas.

ABOUT ORION GATEWAY & SIMON LOH

Orion Gateway is a private investment company own by Simon Loh. Mr Loh, aged 42, is the Founder and Managing Director of e-pay (M) Sdn Bhd, of e-pay Gateway Sdn Bhd and Director of e-pay Indonesia, the No.1 electronic prepaid payment gateway for mobile and internet recharge services in Malaysia and Indonesia. e-pay Malaysia group generates A$200 million in annual revenues and is in the process of expanding its operations across Asia. Mr Loh is also co-founder of e-pay Australia. e-pay Australia has 35% market share of the prepaid payment business for mobile and internet recharge in Australia. For more information please visit e-pay's website at www.e-pay.com.my.

• 2 weeks later...

The ASX anouncement on the 29/06/05 about a delay

in payment seems innocent enough , but being a cynical

pessimistic person , i hope its not a bad sign.

The reason as stated is they need product certification by the goverment.

But they are not importing nuclear fuel rods , its a simple domestic

electronic product thats already sold in many countries,

and would just require a signing off & thats it.

Hopefully my distrust is found to be wrong.

(its probably is easier to sell nuclear fuel rods in russia than a broadband connection)

In reply to: datum on Tuesday 05/07/05 01:10am

Given that the shareprice touched $1.45 on the day of the Techno announcement and is now trading at 70c, you'd have to say that the market has already decided that the deal won't come to fruition.

I find it hard to believe that Jonathan Soon would try to deceive the market with this announcement, but that is exactly what the market is saying IMHO.

It's important to remember that this deal would be a company maker,..........but not a breaker, the company's market cap is only $8.4 million...............the profit on the Russian deal alone is projected at $7.4 million. Given the current share price, the techno deal can only be seen as a bonus if they can pull it off.

Tex.

we should see a far better 2nd half performance.

Half Year Report

Depreciation & amortisation ($837,910)

AIM listing and capital raising costs ($2,458,451)

Write down of intangible assets to recoverable value ($1,196,369)

Write off of property, plant and equipment ($700,000)

Other expenses from ordinary activities ($2,285,762)

= a write down of $7.5 million from 1 July 2004 to 31 December 2004 (6 months)

The CEO said:

"Our Board believes that absorbing these one-time costs and write-downs now, while

painful, is necessary in order to unburden the company from a future drag on earnings,ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚ÂÂ

Soon said.

Tex.

• 1 month later...

----------To state the obvious SKG is now trading at 1.3 cents pre-share

consolidation.(1 for 42 shares from memory)

Being a procrastinating person has helped avoid me buying this stock , but

its also stopped me from buying good stocks i have been following as well.

i dont whats going to happen to SKG now.

It might be quite a number of years before they build up there business to critcal mass.

they have a large market to fill apartment wise, having only installed there equipment

in a relatively small percentage of buildings. But future installations cost money of

course, so profit wise may take years to build up.

I am quoting from memory here, but i think it was Jesse Livermore, the great trader

from the 1920"s & 1930"s who said that at the end of the day there is one blanket

type rule that results in a rising share price

----------------Earnings or expections of Earnings

SKG at the moment has neither of these attributes

• 3 weeks later...

In reply to: savtin on Wednesday 31/08/05 01:48pm

i can answer that for you savtin, probably not

My post on Tuesday 05/07/05 01:10am , eluded to my distrust

of the deal. There ASX post on the 29/06/05 , stated a 60 day extension.

So obvousily they are now due to report.

I dont no if anyone has researched the end customer,

the russian property entrepreneurs purchasing the product.

They could have run out of money, if the arpartment

housing bubble burst in russia , as it has here in docklands, melbourne

for example.

SKG better inform the market though , to whats going on

This is weird, dont you think?

No announcement on the Russia deal -yet the price and volume has risen http://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/wacko.gif

fair enough it not occuring may have been factored in but http://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/icon14.gif