ESS - ESSENTIAL METALS LIMITED

ShareCafe

In reply to: Lizard on Thursday 24/05/07 02:38pm

yes, Liz

i sold mine on re-open. i was going to be happy to get 80c and ended up getting 93c. now the price is 95c!

from my calcs the second half isn't even as good as first half - unless profit in first half was due to abnormals or something.

beats me!

Cheers Anne

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PROMO: Introducing Macquarie Prime - Shares, gearing, CFDs and cash, integrated in one online account. Pre-pay your interest at 7.75%p.a.* before June 30.

http://www.macquarie.com.au/emg/prime/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.brr.com.au/site/images/partners/sharescene-logo.jpg

Recent ShareScene.com Radio Broadcast (25/05/2007 09:00:00):

ESS - Earnings Upgrade - Mr Darryl Stevens, CEO

N.B. ShareScene.com Radio can normally be accessed by the 'RADIO' link, top of every page.

ShareScene.com Radio delivers investor presentations from ASX listed companies. Keep up to date with the latest corporate dealings of the shares you follow. Hear news direct from the source. Listen to directors and investor relations mangers discuss their company, give investor updates and brief on current results. ShareScene.com Radio keeps you informed about company announcements and events, and provides you daily market wraps and industry discussions.

• 2 months later...

Result in and the "over $3m" NPAT forecast turned out to be a satisfying $3.25m. P/E of 12.9 and yield of 4.7% plus franking.

Outlook statement is very bullish:

In summary, Essa has a number of well defined expansion opportunities within a very favourable operating environment.
These factors provide the Directors with confidence that a further increase in profit in 2007/08 will be achieved. 

Pre-acceptance testing on the $7m automation contract previously announced "should be completed shortly".

This project will have a positive impact on EssaÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s
performance in the current financial year.

All good. Bounced to 95cps after some lucky toad got them at 74cps today.

• 1 month later...

In reply to: wolverine on Friday 28/09/07 09:48am

Hi Wolv. The original contract was said to be for $7m. Automation has been said to be "high margin". Last years EBIT margin looks to have been just under 18%, so I'm hoping for more like 23% on automation and additional NPAT of over $1.1m - or about 33% of 07 NPAT.

Sorry about the delay... picnic weather here today and just packing the hamper. Yahoo! http://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/cool.gif

• 1 month later...

In reply to: whocareswc on Wednesday 21/11/07 10:33am

AGM presentation shows first half profit will be lower than some were looking for.

It seems that the unerlying business is still performing well, profits are being re-invested into expansion.

I see this as a positive, as the company is investing current cash flow into future growth.

Some with shorter term outlooks are simply looking at the headline profit expected for the current half.