OZL - OZ MINERALS LIMITED

colaiscute

the bad news ann. was on 25 nov.

some questions needing answers ......

on what date does/did hegarty's directorship cease? (the 25nov ann. doesn't spell it out.)

why didn't the company ask to delist on 25 nov? .... why wait two extra days?

did hegarty sell the remainder of his shares on 26-27 november?

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In reply to: spot on Sunday 14/12/08 09:15pm

spot,

the reason for the trading halt was cba renegging on the finance deal on thursday 27th nov.no other reason

i dont know what you are getting at about re delisting on the 25th, at that point the loan was to be rolled over

I am writing letters to MP's in relation to the Commonwealth Bank's refusal to roll over the debt. While I as an individual will probably have little impact, I am not going to sit on my hands and do nothing.

From Matthew Stevens - The Australian

'Sources suggest that over the past two weeks the Commonwealth has been outed as a core problem in the OZ negotiations, become the subject of high-level political lobbying, particularly from a South Australian Government concerned that financial institutions that benefited from federal government guarantees were needlessly threatening jobs and, it is claimed, been threatened with legal action by an increasingly agitated and desperate OZ Minerals executive. '

Martin Ferguson is my local MP and Minister for Resources, Energy and Tourism. Others I am writing to include SA state MP's and Victorian State MP's. I also plan to inform a number of journalists that I am doing this.

Excerpt from my email:

'If the Commonwealth Bank pulls out of the syndicate as it has indicated:

- Australian jobs will be lost

- many of the assets built by Australian ingenuity, hard work and funds will be sold at firesale prices to international interests

- shareholders funds will evaporate, and people like me will be left with less than nothing'

Does anyone have email addresses for:

Matthew Stevens - The Australian

Barry Fitzgerald - The Age

Felicity Williams - The Herald Sun

George Lekakis - The Herald Sun

Cameron England - The Adelaide Advertiser

Other journo's who may be interested.

Reg

In reply to: reg on Monday 15/12/08 09:40am

Two addresses:

The Age Business - Full Disclosure:

Mark Hawthorne

mhawthorne@theage.com.au

Marcus Padley from Marcus Today:

info@marcustoday.com.au

Please note that at The Age all journos have the same kind of addresses, so Barry Fitzgerald's is

bfitzgerald@theage.com.au

and so on.

Most papers follow the same style, you can look quite a few of them up online, or if you'd buy the paper, they'll have email addresses. Same principle with Sky Business News - please look up their website and they are also 'encourage' input from the public.

Hope these helps.

In reply to: triage on Monday 15/12/08 01:25pm

Share Tips

Broker Stock Recommendations 15 December ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã‚¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬Ãƒâ€Â¦ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ãƒâ€¦Ã¢â‚¬Å“ 6 to BUY, 6 to SELL and 6 to HOLD

Anthony Black - December 15, 2008

Peter Day

WILSON HTM

HOLD RECOMMENDATIONS

Oz Minerals (OZL)

This Australian based gold and base metals miner is in a trading halt until late December. But I feel investors should continue holding the company as it will be a leaner and meaner operation. I expect the share price to recover in 2009 from its trading halt low of 55c. It is actively pursuing asset sales and reports expressions of interest.

This is dated today....the fat lady is NOT singng yet! http://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif

In reply to: Sammy7 on Monday 15/12/08 01:37pm

S7,

That's one big call "But I feel investors should continue holding the company", debt at this point in the business cycle is not good, OZL has a debt problem (onya Einstein).

Personally I would not touch anything that has too much debt.