Copper

thekiwi

Looks as if copper is recovering just as other ("precious") materials are:

Sure is arty, guess what---- now the ECB also has got an effective negative interest policy I smell inflation!

http://www.kitconet.com/charts/metals/base/t24_cp180x150.gif

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

" I smell inflation!"

Let's see where have I heard that before? Remember now,on the Inflation Thread------4 years ago.At that time according to the resident Inflation Guru (guess who) we were about to see HYPERINFLATION and the Lighthouse was flashing RED!

In Japan there were zero rates for many years and guess what........deflation

Know a couple of ENT guys who have an interest in Olfactory problems:can send names if required.

That was then, flower.

What a difference a week makes! This is now: Another fresh Low :sadsmiley02:

Not quite with you there arty, posted the Kitco 24hr chart of copper in USD per lb, merely to demonstrate the immediate effect of the ECB rate drop announcement on the copper price, cant quite see the relevance of " a week" and "another fresh low" in the context of my original post.

http://www.kitconet.com/charts/metals/base/t24_cp180x150.gif

Replying to my "Looks as if copper is recovering" from last week, your chart apparently confirmed the week-old statement.

Things have changed since then: today's updated chart shows a Lower High, Lower Low. That is all I meant to say.

Good for all of us who hold copper stocks :)

I haven't got the live copper charts - don't really need them because they're more of a backdrop. But it's good to see when there's light at the end of a tunnel.

And someone turned the full headlights on in the Northern Hemisphere!

it is 3.277 , up way 5% atm, and gold made another twist turn , now up usd2.80 at 1470/o

the shorts in copper seems got crushed tonight!!

will be interesting to see how our long suffering miner react Monday!!

i'm happy!! good for me!! :P

I can't really understand how Copper can keep so high in price, with so many copper finds seeming to appear. CDU seems to have an excellent future, and there are others that are ramping up production. there is lots in LME and the world, although plodding along, is certainly slowing in Cyprus. Probably will slow in Europe in general. Plastic will eventually supercede copper in many ways, (as I have said before) especially if copper becomes too expensive.

Yes it is used in electric motors...but when I look at the price of copper only a decade ago...I have to wonder...have wages quadrupled in that same time? If not, then why would copper stay at such a high price. ? Just my thoughts...but I feel that copper may drop lower in price....at least....it wouldn't surprise me.

Meanwhile, Friday nights copper price close was a fairly big jump....we'll see how this plays out eventually. always interesting.

Merc