BLT

colaiscute

Plastic, take a look a section 3 of the following attachment ...

Now, it is clear from the announcement that the USPTO accepts, through the recently announced Examiner Interview that Mick Graham, in his 131 affidavit, has, quite possibly, established conception and diligence for prior invention over Fire patent claims.

Let me say this again .... "established conception and diligence for prior invention over Fire patent claims" ....

Do you think, really, this is "the same old, same old" ....

post-16-1184725964.png

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The same old comment was in response to still no clarity on the dispute. However, your more indepth analysis clearly makes it obvious there has been a tectonic shift in the minds of the USPTO adjudicators.

Of course, the conspirationalist in me says that this must be because a deal has been done.

The shifting sands of the Au biotech world seems to suggest as much but until the proof is out there in black and white the market will not respond.

Regardless though this price is good buying. Time to top up.

Plastic, you are right about the tectonic shift ...

If we prove prior invention over Fire claims - there are a number of intriguing possibilities.

- certainly, the chances of reaffirming the Graham '099 ddRNA claims have gone up

- possibly, our Graham claims may extend to priority for RNAi in animals

Those of you following the thread do not need the significance of either possibility spelled out any further ... I am sure http://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/wink.gif

Cytrx gets re-rated to a buy. Benitec languishes. And markets are efficient. http://www.sharescene.com/html/emoticons/laughingsmiley.gif

If ever there was an argument against BLT's low cost ASX domiciled strategy this is it.

They must get exposure to US markets. Can you imagine if BLT were valued at $10.50 US?

It's my belief that with Cytrx still maintaining a position of superior IP that a deal of either merger or RTO must be effected in order for the "reality" of the perception to be maintained wrt to the patent estates of different companies, the Nobel Laureates, market stability and confidence etc.

Someone should contact the analyst and explain the real position to her. I'm sure she would like a jump on the market. Rather like a journo getting that all important career making/defining scoop.

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/g...181&newsLang=en

Griffin Securities, Inc. Updates Investment Opinion on CytRx Corporation Increasing Its 12-Month Price Target to $10.50

Heres the full report.

Its interesting when read with Au biotech at the front of ones mind. Its amazing that tacere gets a mention as a competitor but BLT is entirely overlooked. The financial wizards on the "Street" don't even know BLT exists.

http://www.griffinsecurities.com/pdf/Compa...ate_18Jul07.pdf

I like this line:

CytRxÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s subsidiary RXi Pharmaceuticals (which is expected to be fully spun out in the 2nd half 2007

It begs the question of BLT's role if there is one.

Nice link, Plastic. I too have been interested in CytRx for some time now. However, I am always faced with the fact that you can find better "value" in Aussie biotech.

Compare the CytRx "small molecule" blockbuster - the Chaperonin ALS treatment. CBio has an equivalent in XTOLL - based on Chaperonin 10 - the smallest molecule in the heat shock protein family.

The RXi RNAi assets stem from U Mass/Carnegie Fire patent. Well, it looks like little Benitec actually has priority for some of these claims AND has second generation ddRNA technology with two significant therapies in train.

The main problem with CytRx is that it is a first generation siRNA company. RNA is highly unstable when created synthetically - the ddRNA solution is simply so much better ...

Another miserable week on the market for Benitec. (Despite the fact we have a very encouraging announcement from the USPTO). Time, of course, will tell ...

When studying this RNAi thing because its a global business one cannot look at BLT without looking at the others. Moreso Cytrx because of the Cappello link.

Yes I was intrigued by their focus on the Chaperonin part of the business. Older reports by Cytrx seem to indicate they were pretty focussed on HIV. In this paper there is no mention of that at all. Yet we know BLT has started trials and to guess I would say, Merck has withdrawn their support for this project in Cytrx as part of cutting a deal with BLT or perhaps they just know they have been beaten to the punch.

There are some gaps in that report which a phone call to the analyst might resolve.

With the movements we are seeing with CBio it sure does look like a deal has been done. The proxy weather vane for CBio is VLA.

SM has hinted in different press releases the prospects of commercial deals for BLT.

PRR has stated they are in talks with a venture capitalist outfit.

Common to all is the constant punching down of the different share prices. So, I would say that it is because of some mega deal in the pipeline that will ultimately involve Cytrx and Dendreon.

Accumulate is the best option. None of this TA timing the market thing.

For example, can you imagine the almost monopolistic position Cytrx would find themselves in with BLT's IP? The same position they would have been in if the failed Citigroup led takeover had occurred. Only this time shareholders will win out in the end and Aus biotech might even end up dominating the company.

And DNDN might end up becoming the worlds foremost cancer - RNAi therapeutic R&D company with all relevant licences and paradigm shifting IP for delivery and early stage gene identification and silencing.

But most of all, we have it confirmed from the Cytrx report that it will happen before the end of the year. Which means more likely than not, this quarter, which we are half way through since rarely do these things happen in the last quarter because of Christmas.

Although, I've said things like that before and ended up with egg on my face.

Plastic, I agree ... there one clear front runner to HIV/AIDS - and that is the Rossi programme at CoH. The Lymphoma pilot is particularly challenging as we are dealing with very sick people. However, if the Rossi programme can reduce the viral load sufficiently to allow the patent's immune system to deal with the lymphoma - this will be a major breakthrough. My intuition tells me that if the programme began in June - we should see some comprehensive results before Christmas.

Many people are also after HCV. It is very significant that Tacere has asian money to advance the Benitec technology - as asia is where an HCV therapy would be a "blockbuster". Ignoring the "bad smell" associated with the management of Benitec money and business opportunities by key Tacere players - I hope Sue stitched them up with a good license/royalty deal.

I am not sure that US big pharma has much perspective on the BLT IP patent estate. It actually gets even better with potential BLT rights to CSIRO shRNA discoveries. The USPTO is the log jam - at the moment.

However, if I was Nucleonics - I would not be entirely sanguine about Benitec progress in the Graham re-exam at the expense of Fire!!