BLT

colaiscute

ALNY have said they will specialize in biotherapeutic manufacturing. Am sure they can facilitate an introduction for MRK if MRK specializes in sales and marketing and gets out of R&D. SIE, ACL, ACR, PXS and STI spring to mind at this point. Not to mention Promega as a re-agent manufacturer of choice for BLT's ddRNAi.

Then if they were to do the same by region with other pharma, then we would be following that Flying Geese model I have spoken of. So far thats what it looks like these guys are up to.

KOLKATA: US-based $46-billion pharma company, Merck & Co, is looking at in-licensing and co-marketing arrangements with Indian pharma companies as it wants to realise its ambitions to become one of the top five drug companies in the Indian market by 2015, a senior company official said.

The world's second largest drug company said it wants to launch at least five to six new medicines every year in the Indian market from its global portfolio. It is also eyeing the area of branded generics in segments like cardiovascular, diabetes, women health and respiratory.

" We are in talks with Indian companies for marketing arrangements as well as closely studying opportunities to roll out generics," said K G Ananthakrishnan, president and managing director, MSD India, at a press meet on Friday

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Risks for Accused Infringers

The clearest risk for an accused infringer is that at least one asserted patent claim survives the reexamination process unamended and without any adverse prosecution history estoppels. The reexamination may allow the patent owner to have the CRU consider all of the prior art in the litigation and to present arguments and declarations that support patentability of the claims over this prior art. This could include, for instance, possible secondary (objective) considerations of non-obviousness that were not present when the claims were originally prosecuted.

An ex parte reexamination may also give the patent owner a significant advantage in dealing with the prior art because, once begun, the third party requester is excluded from the process, while the patent owner can interview the examiner.

Although the court can find a patent invalid even if it survives reexamination, most judges likely will defer to the presumed administrative expertise of the PTO, CRU, and BPAI.

Further, putting an asserted patent into reexamination could allow the patent owner to correct other defects in the patent, such as potentially ambiguous claim language, antecedent basis problems, or other perceived issues with the claims.

This is especially true with newly-issued patents where the potential for damages lies in the future, rather than with past damages. In the same vein, patent owners can also add claims during reexamination, provided that the added claims are not broader in scope than the original claims in reexamination. The added claims could strategically cover aspects of the accused infringing products not included in the issued claim set, although prohibitions against broadening amendments may bar such activity.

Finally, a reexamination request filed early on in the litigation could impact trial. This is especially true where the PTO decisions are favorable to patentability. However, as noted above, there are questions and concerns as to the admissibility of any non-final PTO action at trial.

Isn't any discussion on patents moot now? BLT has got its patent. They even have a product in market. Yet Bridges can't even be bothered telling anyone because he's asleep on the job and couldn't give a rat's ass. They have death spiral financing in place with La Jolla. The price is naked shorted to death the minute any life comes in to it by La Jolla and you guys think its all about a patent!

We were led to believe that the patent was the be all and end all of this company. The driver that would create value. Well, clearly it isn't because now they have it and yet nothing. I think this message came from and was reinforced by Enumerate. We all fell for it. Now we know its a crock. We should be questioning what is Enumerates motivation to sell such a message.

In the mean time, GEN, the only other RNAi pure play around just got on board two new directors and popped The Gasket. A company about to go broke does not do this. They come on board with a plan.

I hope I am wrong. I hope this thing sells for a bomb. But the flip side and the increasingly more probable reality is that it gets sold for about 6-10c after La Jolla has wrung every last drop of blood out of it.

All the likely suspects join together with the Germans leading the way. Bayer is all over the BLT USPTO documentation and are now leading the way here.

Max Planck are also involved with NZX:PEB, ASX:CIR and a few others when it comes to diagnostics.

http://www.inpharm.com/news/150866/bayer-o...oject-oncotrack

Managed by Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals and the Max Planck Institute for Molecular Genetics, OncoTrackÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¾Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢s aim is to develop novel approaches for identifying new markers for colon cancer.

Lining up with Bayer are AstraZeneca, Boehringer Ingelheim, Janssen Pharmaceutica, Merck, Pfizer and Roche Diagnostics, who all make ÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Â¦ÃƒƒÂ¢Ãƒ¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…âہ“in-kindÃÆâ€â„¢ÃƒÆ’ƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÆ’¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢Ã¢â€š¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÆ’…¡Ãƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚¬ÃƒÆ’â€Å¡Ãƒƒâہ¡ÃƒÆ’‚ contributions to the five year project.

We were led to believe that the patent was the be all and end all of this company. The driver that would create value. Well, clearly it isn't because now they have it and yet nothing. I think this message came from and was reinforced by Enumerate. We all fell for it. Now we know its a crock. We should be questioning what is Enumerates motivation to sell such a message.

If this is what you believe ... sell your BLT and spend more time posting on the GEN thread.

In the mean time, GEN, the only other RNAi pure play around just got on board two new directors and popped The Gasket. A company about to go broke does not do this. They come on board with a plan.

I think it has been quite clear for some time that if you are interested in GEN you are not interesting in RNAi - something to do with cows ... I believe. I am sure that Aki can add some value to this new venture ... or maybe that is only if it involves goats, Judas goats.

The same could be said for BLT's leadership team. It is clear their asses are not their own. I am sure such goats have a cyber presence as well.

How to destroy business reputations in one easy go. No wonder SM got out first chance she had.

if you are interested in GEN you are not interesting in RNAi

Twaddle. Antisense is RNAi by another name....to paraphrase Stanley Crooke. Perhaps I have it backwards hence the trouble ALNY finds itself in and why ISIS is its master in Regulus.